Chapter 9
89 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'The sun enables life. The rain grants it safe passage'.The winter sky is a widow's sky, bedarkened and weeping. The clouds are churlish and Kraken-cruel. They cough out great gouts of water and thunking balloons of sopping moisture. It teems down in a biblical deluge, flooding the rivers, drowning the fields, and overflowing the dams. It is a Noah's-Ark cataclysm of rain, an unending cataract of water sluicing from the sky. Trees are uprooted, and entire villages disappear under a frothy lather of suds.

As the rain is nourishing and blessing the earth and everything it contains, screams and wails could be heard as the hooves of the horses kick up the mud everywhere. The people being hunted and chased didn't care as they fled from the brutal and savage-looking people coming for their lives, they ran like headless chickens and dispersed looking for a place to hide from the terror that came to harvest their lives, but today was not that day as they were condemned to the afterlife by their Jarl.

In the back on a raised ground, a boy was sitting on a horse as he watched all the slaughter as a few men came and took a knee in front of him.

"We have found Jarl Eystein Foul-Fart's men, this would be the fifth village we found his men." said the first man as he caught his breath to regain his composure.

"he was surrounding the other villages and nobody saw him?" asked another as he was astonished as the enemies were closing on them and the others without alerting anybody.

"Round up the men, show them our generosity and take the kids and women," came a child-like voice as he instructed them, everyone just followed his instructions. He turned around his horse as he galloped away leaving the cleaning to his underlings. The men had a feral grin as they heard what their commander said and took to this life of brutalization to the next level since he joined them.

"uh, he must be pissing his pants by now, I will make sure you pay for what you did foul fart," said Alexis as he just left, his horse galloping while whistling like he wasn't the one to condemn villages to the eagle and heads stuck in a pike.

Alexis and his people left the village and made sure to leave a big sign for the other villages, by now the other villages knew them as the butchers and bloodthirsty people as they not only raid but massacred everything wherever they set upon. They were like the Tyranids as they never leave anything but carnage in their wake.[The Tyranids are an extragalactic composite species of hideous, insectoid Xenos. They actually comprise an entire space-faring ecosystem comprised of innumerable different bioforms which are all variations on the same genetic theme by systematically consuming all other biomatter to enable their own rapid evolution and reproduction.]

These past years made Alexis famous as he was known for his head piking and eagle blooding[u can say that right??] on every raid he went. He only hunted those who hunted him and that was something that could not be tolerated in his book. To Vikings, reputation was everything as they raid and pillaged throughout their lives. They yearned to be known in every corner of the Viking world and he wasn't spared from the pride and vanity of being one.

His training took off as he hunted and killed, now the thrill to kill that he had was almost nonexistent as he became stronger physically and mentally. He wanted to go hunt some supernatural creature as normal humans didn't give him any energy or the challenge he desired and hopes those supernatural creatures would not disappoint him, but first, he had to deal with that fart fuck or whatever his name was, He was very close as he turned some people who were close to him to get him his whereabouts and keep an eye on him. He wanted to deal with his army and robbed him of everything valuable he had and finally take his fart life from him slowly and painfully. He wanted to torment him first before he came for him. Torture him psychologically until he couldn't take it anymore.

He found a lot of things in the booty he managed to get, among them the biggest surprise was when he ambushed and robbed a caravan, as he found the scales of a dragon, well he assumed as he didn't know how dragons looked like here, but the scales were emitting faint magic. He inspected them and planned to replace his current weapons. He decided to learn how to make weapons from the local blacksmith in the next village. Now the majority of the weapons his raiding party had were made by him. As he made more weapons his proficiency in making them grew at a speed visible to the naked eye.

After almost six months of hard work, he made his first attempt at adding the dragon's scale to his weapon making. It was hard at first as the steel ingot and scales didn't manage to fuse properly. After that, he treated the iron ore with his magic before processing them into steel ingot and managed to make the correct proportion of still and the dragon scales. It took great effort as sometimes the durability of the weapons was lackluster at best and couldn't withstand great pressure and would snap. After that, he just continued improving until he managed to find the perfect combination to make his weapons last a long time, and to finish it he added runes and inscriptions to the weapons as it elevated the sharpness and durability to a greater proportion. After that, he added his powers to enhance them to the limit he could as this was no ordinary weapon.

Since the preparation was done it was time to finish what was started long ago. It was time to put the Jarl Eystein Foul-Fart out of his misery, he didn't feel like torturing him even as the guy was already on his last legs. He forgot to go in the last raid as he was cooped in the smithy, so he wanted to test his weapons in action. He called the band together and told them of his plans to kill a certain someone, but the reaction he was hoping to find on their faces was not there. They were looking at him weirdly and finally, he asked them."What is it."

"Ah..... we kinda took care of him on our last raid," he said as he scratched his head with embarrassment as the others look to the side pretending like they didn't hear or do anything.

Alexis just looked at them and didn't know what to say, his objective was squashed by the same people he trained and now he looked lost but quickly regained his composure as he directed his gaze to his men. They all shivered when they saw him looking at them like that. They remembered the torture they had to endure from this devil when he was training them. Some of them couldn't sleep remembering the first few weeks of that training.

"oh is that so, seems like I have been neglecting you in these past few months since you are all so energetic what do you say we increase the intensity of the training." He said as politely and innocently as he could. The men didn't even wait for him to add anything else as they started coming up with excuses.

"My wife's cousin's dog is giving birth, I need to be there to help deliver them," said Olaf the red as he ran out of there as fast as he could.

"I think my mom is calling me."

"I think I forget to milk my cat."

"ahh, my stomach is killing me."

Alexis just looked at them and didn't know what to say, was he that bad to train them, I mean he broke every bone they had but he gave them potions to make their bones and bodies stronger. He gave them his bracelets so that they can become stronger and made them run 100km every day but he healed them, Where can they get that preferential treatment? what an ungrateful bunch he will make sure to drag them out of their holes and increase the intensity of their training, and to think he was going to give the special weapons he made as a gift to them. He truly miscalculated this time.

He was quiet for a while as he looked at the sky thinking of his next adventure. He was going to leave after dealing with that guy alone but now he changed his mind, he was going to take them with him on the adventure to kill supernatural as Malivore wasn't introduced yet.

4