Chapter 2
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dave looked at his hand and noticed a dagger in his arm, which pinned him to the ground. The dagger had a golden cross, its handle was very shiny, and at the bottom of it had a large red gem. The whole weapon was emitting some sort of pulsating golden aura. Where the dagger was touching the ground, golden vain-like objects were attached to the blade. Dave quickly looked at his stomach; a very similar but larger weapon was planted into his stomach.

"What is the meaning of this? You want me to die or what? What did I do to deserve this?"

Shouted Dave in his anger and pain. After a short pause, he reached out to grab the blade in his arm, but before he could reach it, the woman grabbed his free arm and pulled it back slightly.

"Sire... please do not do that..."

Said the woman as she was sobbing and was pulling Dave's hand, but he overpowered her and grabbed the knife.

"Why, you want me to bleed out?"

Questioned the woman Dave and then he took a deep breath, and with a swift pull, he pulled the knife from his arm. The glow of the blade faded after it was pulled from Dave's arm, and he threw it away. The woman stepped back and was shocked and started shaking. The man kneeled, slightly lowered his head and stated.

"It seems our lord is more incredible than I could have imagined; managing to surpass our weakness with such ease, you are truly amazing!"

However, Dave did listen to him; he was focused on pulling the other knife out while gritting his teeth. After Dave managed to pull the knife, it lost its glow just like the one before, and after that, he turned to face the man and the woman.

"What do you want from me? How did I get here? Also, why was I stabbed?!"

Asked Dave as he looked at his wounds, and much to his surprise, his hand was already fully healed, and his stomach was healing quickly.

"My lord! Y-you can't remember?!"

Asked the woman as she kneeled just like the man next to him, and she started staring at the ground.

"I don't know who you are referring to as lord, but I am sure that is not me! I should be dead; instead, I woke up here... "

Said Dave as he stood up and dusted himself. He noticed that he was wearing some sort of torn shorts and nothing else. Then he looked at the other two. They were also wearing torn clothes, and both of them seemed quite seriously injured, yet they were kneeling in front of Dave. They had another thing in common, and taht was some sort of collar. These accessories had the same goldish glow and had a red gem on their backside.

"Sire, what are you talking about? You are the demon lord; why would anyone not refer to you as lord?"

After hearing the girl's reply, Dave instantly answered.

"Demon lord?!"

Then dave continued thinking about what he had just heard.

"So this is another world... good thing I have read a lot of novels where the main character transmigrated to another world but... AS THE FUCKING HERO... I am supposed to be a demon lord?! Me, someone who barely even did any sort of physical things. I need to stay calm; I am sure that if I have to be the demon lord, I will have a few powerful followers so I can avoid fighting. But should they want to go against me, I will be fucked! No, that won't do; I must avoid being the demon lord, no matter what... I am so weak and pathetic! It's ridiculous!! "

He would have continued thinking; however, the woman suddenly interrupted him by looking up at him and speaking up.

"Sire, is everything alright? You seem troubled!"

"Of course, I am troubled. First, I don't know what is going on. Second, I had a fucking hole in my stomach a few minutes ago; how could I be not worried about that. Also, why are you two kneeling?"

Replied Dave with slight anger and annoyance in his voice and then decided to sit down on the floor of the cave.

"My lord, we are kneeling because we were not allowed to stand up yet. We are to kneel until we are allowed to stand up; this is how you instructed us. We are your loyal servants, after all!"

"Oh, I see, but as I said before, I am not the demon lord; please stand up!"

"Thank you, sire, but you are mistaken; you have just lost your memories. Also, although the three of us all lost most of our power, it seems you have attained something new. Forgive my language, my lord... that whore will pay dearly for betraying you!"

"Lost my memories and my powers? Attaining powers? No-no-no; I am sure you are mistaken; I do believe I am just an ordinary person."

"Sire, allow me to prove that you are indeed our lord. You see, the daggers you casually removed were no ordinary daggers. They were weapons created purely against demons. Demons' wouldn't be able to use them, and since we lost our powers, a weapon of this calibre would easily kill us just by touching it. Also, the speed of your regeneration is spectacular, considering you are a demon and have been impaled by a blessed weapon... If you don't mind, would you tell me what you felt when you touched those daggers? Even if you managed to attain some sort of resistance, I am sure it was fairly painful, sire!"

"Wow, slow down! It is a lot to take in. As for your inquiry, if you are telling the truth, then these were no blessed weapons. I felt absolutely nothing out of the ordinary other than the pain caused by the injury in my other arm and my stomach. Also, what the hell are we even doing here?"

"Sire, you are much greater than I thought; I apologise for underestimating your resistance. As for our goal... I don't really know; you only said that we would find something in this cave, something of interest."

Dave suddenly stood up while the woman was talking and walked over to the two daggers, picked them up, and looked at their design, mainly at their gem. Then, by the time the woman finished talking, Dave walked over to the man and the woman and looked at their collars. And spoke up.

"Then, if my guess is correct, your collars are also one of these blessed items, correct?"

"Yes, sire."

After hearing the girl's reply, Dave took a deep breath and grabbed the collar around the woman's neck.

"Sire...I...I"

Before she could have finished speaking, the gem of her collar cracked, and it fell as Dave let go of it; he then walked over to the man and repeated the process.

"Sire, you managed to undo our restriction...no, it was more like you absorbed the power of the item, and after it was drained, it was destroyed. Can I ask how you did it?"

"I don't really know, I just felt that it tried to do something, so I just resisted it. Or something like that, I don't even know."

"This binding's purpose is to drain the wearer's power to render them completely useless... it seems you technically did the same thing to it!"

"I don't know, and I don't care about it. Also, your friend doesn't seem to like to speak much."

"Oh yes, I understand. Also, yes, his voice is not really pleasant, so he decided not to talk unless he must."

Dave sighed, and he walked over to the wall of the cave and looked back at the two demons who had already stood up and were looking at him, awaiting his next order.

"So let's test your theory. You said that I am the demon lord, that means I should be quite strong, right? Then if I punch the wall with all my might, it would sustain some damage instead of shattering my fist."

"Sire, I don't know whether it would be a good idea to do that in a weakened state, but I do know you are strong; even in your current state, you could kill us with little effort if you wanted to."

0