5- preparation
159 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sound of silence enveloped me as I sat carefreely, on the Sofa in what had been Zabuza's home for the past months since he decided to establish himself in the Lands of Waves.

His initial plan has been to use Gato's connection to build the foundation of a future rebellion in the Village hidden in the mist.

Sadly enough, whether it was in the story that I knew or right now he had failed, dying too quickly to achieve anything.

And there I was, almost following in its footsteps.

Mission's list:

- Assassination in the land of waves ( you have been hired by a tyrant in the land of the waves to kill a bridge senior)

Mission Rank: A

Mission reward: 10 000 greed points

Penalty for failure: permanent loss of the interface for failing your first mission

Deadline: 7 days remaining'

I did not have any inclination to please Gato but knowing That I could increase my strength thanks to the greed points offered by the interface had me willing to forgo some of my old-world morals.

It did not lessen the amount of fear and appréhension that I felt toward this mission. The last few days of training had made me aware of the fact that while I had a better mastery of some skills than the old Zabuza thanks to my talent Dual Soul, I was not as battle-hardened as him.

While he had his flow, some that will make me look with contempt, like his overconfidence that all the other bad guys had, and his chaotic and uncaring expression, I too had my flaws.

Before replacing Zabuza I was always been the kind of person who will overthink a single matter, will consider how hard a task was, imagine all the steps to resolve it, and then will start to hesitate, without doing anything in the end.

Just like now, if not for this deadline and the appeal of the interface, I would have certainly abandoned any idea of fighting again Kakashi who was protecting the bridge builder.

" It seems like the universe wants to see that guy dead" I muttered to myself while thinking about that bearded man which strangely looked the same as his 2d Version, only more alive, just like the other people I had met until now.

" What are some of Kakashi's weaknesses that I could exploit" I muttered.

It was just at that moment that the wind blew in the middle of the darkness and that a silhouette quickly ' materialized ' in front of me.

It was Haku who had just used the body Flicker Jutsu to arrive, interrupting my thought.

I had been surprising the first time, I had seen him using it. I remained Hopeful that he did not discover anything.

Zabuza could also use that technic. Sadly it did not appear on the skills list. Confirming my hypothesis that only the skills that had reached level B could appear on it.

Many Elites knew the body Flicker technics and it was not a surprise that Haku having the level of an Elite should have mastered it at one point in time. But seeing things with the eyes of my one, I was still affected. Shame on me!

I imagined that after reaching rank A of the Skill one would be able to accomplish feats at the same level as Uchiha Shisui of the Body Flicker.

While thinking about all these random things I looked at Haku, and I felt complicated.

He stared back at me with the same usual smile while recounting all the information that he had gathered while spying on our target during the last few days.

Tazuna and the other bridge builders that worked with him followed a regular schedule. The places where they ate, information on their families embers, their friends, and so on.

There was also information on the recent movements of the Konoha's ninjas that were protecting Tazuna the great bridge builders. But as Ninjas were highly perceptive even more so the team with two Sharingan users, the report was not too dead.

I grunted a bit as I thought about the fact that the meeting between Naruto and Haku that should have happened by now had not been mentioned.

It made me a little frustrated for an unknown reason, I felt a little betrayed. was that because the original Zabuza influenced my soul?

But I quickly decided to not think too much about him. I was not him, and I did not have to consider the feelings between the two.

I had other matters on hand and 'taking care of Tazuna was my priority.

Sincerely, I admired the man and the feeling resonated deep inside my soul. Perhaps it was because he was a man of ambition that was ready to defy the odds just for a chance to achieve his dream.

It was just like the old Zabuza?

The man was ready to throw his life away just to try to build a bridge between the land of the waves and the lands of the fire, a bridge that will carry all their hopes of freedom. Even if Gato were to get him killed and tortured to set an example, as there had been precedent, even in his own family, Tazuna was still determined.

He even deceived a group of Ninjas just to achieve his objectives.

With some consideration, it was easy to imagine what could happen during this kind of mission if it was taken by a group on Ninja at the Sakura level without a jinchuriki, an Uchiha character, and a non-mob level instructor.

The more I analyzed that man the more similitude I found between him and me. The more I tried to understand him, the better I started to understand who I was now.

And I started to receive weak feedback from the depth of my soul. It was a strange sensation. I was not exactly sure what I could get from it, but there was no doubt that the more I understood about my new self the better it will be for me.

Réalising this made me hesitate whether or not I should still go for the other plans that I had been considering during the past few days. Like poisonings, their food, kidnapping of their family members, and most importantly Tazuna's grandson...

I even thought about planting explosive parchments in the water near the area where they will pass, but I greatly doubted that the last one would ever work.

I listened, to Haku as he finished his report, a frown too apparent on my face.

Haku looked at me with a concerned gaze. I liked him much more with a mask on his face not because he looked feminine.

But his emotions were almost too easy to read on his face. And It made me feel guilty.

Even Zabuza a cold-blooded killer, a demon almost had his heart stolen by that guy with a beautiful face. I needed to stay vigilant at all times to not fail under any kind of charm.

' it is just a genjutsu' I prayed silently.

" Prépare yourself. We will make our moves tomorrow" I said half carefreely and half angrily trying to be as Zabuza-like as possible.

I was not the one who had lost again Kakashi and suffered a crushing defeat. I should even thank him as he had somewhat helped in my transmigration. How could I be angry at him? But. Certainly did not need to know that.

" And about Kakashi and his Sharingan?" Haku asked concern in his voice, I flinched a little, using all my focus to not give any sign.

" The Sharingan is surely not all-powerful. If it was the case Kakashi would have certainly used it since the start of the fight.

It is only when he was in a bad trait that he removed the cover on his Sharingan.
Do you know what it means?"

I asked Haku.

Ninjas were always good at analyzing things. It was necessary to counterattack during a fight.

Out of fight, they could analyze things even more clearly. I was not as experimented as Haku but having seen the series till the last episode I knew many things that other did not.

It did not take more than four seconds until Haku's eyes were brighter in understanding.

"It means that..." He was about to say something but I interrupted him.

I simply did not want him to talk. What if he starts to talk about something that I don't know and I expose myself?

"It means that I always had the means to counter him," I said in my deep manly, and menacing voice. I liked that voice.

It was simple logic. If A simple cover on his eyes could restrain the Sharingan what about the Hidden mist technic? I did not even have to do any test I already knew the result thanks to the anime.

A sinister plan started to brew in my mind but to accomplish it, I needed Haku's help.
By bringing the attack forward I was also lessening the chance to get exposed as more time with Haku also meant more occasion to blow my cover.

Haku did not discuss any of my arrangements, accepting everything matter-of-factly.
The position of the dominant and the sub was self-evident in this relationship.

I signed as I tried to chase these disturbing thoughts out of my mind before closing my eyes.

4