11- Talent : murderous
289 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I took a deep breath while analyzing the present situation.

On Haku's side, things were progressing as I had expected.

Trapped in the middle of Haku's ninjutsu, the crystal ice mirrors, Sasuke was in a bad situation.

This lasted until The last member of team 7 made a dramatic entrance.

Looking at Naruto in flesh, I could understand why most of his enemies underestimated him. There was something silly about his look, but I could not pinpoint exactly what it was.

The arrival of Naruto brought an additional number to the enemy's force and the pressure on our size would have increased if Naruto had not jumped right in the middle of Haku's Jutsu to assist Sasuke. His actions were followed by a spiteful comment from his teammate before they started to banter with each other.

I was confident in the fact that Haku could stall them. As for his chance of winning, they were close to Zero. It was understandable, after all, he was fighting a jiunchuriki. He could not be too heavy-handed or the demon host will go berserk, nor could he be too subtle as the Sharingan user will slowly gain a better understanding of his Jutsu.

The most determinant part of the battle was thus my fight against Kakashi. And on this side, things were not going as I initially expected.

" You are too predictable"

 I emerged from the mist just to clash once again with Kakashi who seemed to be waiting for me.

He had not even activated the Sharingan, but I could already hardly deal with him. He slashed with his Kunai and I evaded just in time, retreating once again in the dense mist.

I still remembered my initial plan.

Plan A, négociation and intimidation, was not likely to work but why not try? Plan A failed as the Konoha Ninja were committed to their mission.

Plan B: Use a clone stronger than average to distract Kakashi's attention and attack Tazuna. Plan  B failed due to a mistake on my part.

Because at the most critical moment, I hesitated.

I did not hesitate as to whether to kill my target or not. I was not that indecisive, I was crazy enough to go through that act without much burden.

I was not a butchered in my past life, it is just that like many people I was not of the kindest kind.

It is just that when My sword was in midair I started to have some doubts. It seemed like The original Zabuza's murderous nature was affecting me, it was not like I had completely barred the ways to it either.

But seeing Kakashi, being distracted during our fight, there was a distracting thought in my mind screaming at me that I should attack him.

The problem was that, it will go against my plan, I knew that I had to focus on my objective.

The problem was that during a fight between two elites the time that I lost while deciding was enough to make a difference between life and death.

In this instance, the result was rather simple, Tazuna will live, since I had to resort to plan C.

But for Plan C to work, I needed to force Kakashi into using his full attention on me. It was far from being the case since he had not even started to use his Sharingan until now.

After our initial clash, I discovered another of my weakness. I was using this body, and I had the memories of the original user and his experience but I lacked something. The thing soon became apparent as I did not have the same revolve, the same ruthlessness toward myself and others.

I will constantly flinch back during our clash, I will retreat from fear of being injured, and I was not as resistant to pain as my opponent.

I quickly started to understand the saying that the more you do not want something to happen, the more it happen. During the following clashed, I received more injuries. They were rather small at first but as their numbers increased, so was their sizes.

Kakashi seemed to relax and if it was not for his job, needing to keep an eye on the situation, things would have been worse.

I could not keep calm, I was angry. And the more anger I felt the more my fears seemed to disappear.

" What is wrong with you Zabuza?" Kakashi asked me as we clashed once again. He was looking worryingly as if trying to understand what was happening.

One would have thought that he was a friend, worrying about me.

Instead of that, he trew another kunai at me and as I reacted a little late, another cut was left on my body before I retreated into the mist.

It was the strategy that I adopted after I discovered the gap in taijutsu between the two of us.

Even though he had the upper hand, I could still see Kakashi.  He only seemed to become more vigilant with time, certainly thinking that something was afoot.

He was not completely wrong.

I could sense a strange feeling washing over me.

I had tried to use my second talent Murderous, in the past. And it had always seemed like it was missing a catalyst. What I was feeling now was quite similar. It seemed like I had found the catalyst: unrestrained anger.

It was soon confirmed by an annoying notification from the system.

Talent- murderous has been activated

 + 20 % increase in strength, -20% decrease in Intelligence when you are focused on killing Kakashi Hatake.

With the activation of my talent, my vision started to get blurry.

I had a strange feeling. It was as if I was slowly losing control over my body, being replaced by an enraged beast.

All the distracting thoughts disappeared, with all my doubts and my fear only leaving place for my goal.

It felt like I did not even need to think anymore. Everything started to come to me naturally.

5