Tidbits and Thanks
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There is a time when Erin is thinking of her past and states that ‘there even was a man that bumped into her once’, that was indeed David. That is when they first met!

 

I did look up some information about the sea and I did put in a few things that I found. Of course, some may just be hearsay but nonetheless some may be true.

The eye patch apparently did help with focus on the ship.

And, apparently, the pirate captain is something that the crew basically voted for.

It was apparently known too that pirates did have more than one flag, using them to confuse others.

The bird idea is similar too, they were small and were worth a bit, so it was a good reason to take them on the ship.

Earrings were supposedly to help prevent sea sickness, but it wasn’t true. Princess Bethany and Erin talk about this when they are at David’s home.

 

I did try to put in the pirate’s life a bit, to make it more realistic, but also tried to make it so that they weren’t the worst of people. I wanted to bring them across to be similar to guardians of the galaxy where they could be good and bad. Prince Elton hated it but since they were somewhat loyalty to him, through David, it was a huge deal, he could only hope that they try not to break laws very much.

 

I really wanted to express freedom in this book. I wanted Erin to walk that fine line but then have all right to walk that fine line…If you get what I mean. The dropping of vases at the end was her stating she was there, when she didn’t have to be, and that she wanted to leave. On Elton’s side, he didn’t think he’d have to worry about the thieves at the same time, but it ended up working out better anyway. So, in other words, the meeting took longer than any of them thought…

 

Erin’s last name isn’t stated. She isn’t from a well-off family and pretty much didn’t care for it. Also, ‘Ulrich’ wasn’t called that often because I hadn’t a name for him for most of this book. When it came to be that his name was known, I still felt like ‘the Merchant captain’ was his identity. That was another reason why Erin thought ‘I hate it, I hate it, I hate it’ to his name. ‘Ulrich’ was also because of ‘Ursula’ the sea witch, as in close to the same name.

 

Don’t get it wrong with David’s position on that pirate ship. At the moment he bears no power really. He’s gotta work hard to gain their approval yet, before coming to co-captain with Erin. David uses tricks to help him get more respect and power. He becomes just as bold as Erin as well, which makes the crew members understand how the both of them are good for each other. Another thing that helps David gain approval is the fact that he helps the ship. He doesn’t do it for them, he likes to sail, that’s all…He does it for himself.

 

I know Eric helps kill Ursula in the little mermaid, with the ship poking her big butt, but I needed to bring in Robin and that looked like the most fantastic way to do it! I have no regrets making another character kill Ulrich! I needed her bow skill to stand out to all of them and it worked! (She is Robin in the ‘Robin Hood’ book…Which some people may have already figured out…)

 

 

Things I did not mention: Alison does indeed get punished after returning home, by being put over Elton’s knee in their own room.

Alison said, ‘I’ll make it up to him.’ Was indeed the thieves.

David’s personal conversation with Erin about children. Erin is known to have been beaten and yes, she had been pregnant before and lost the child. She never got pregnant again and was told that there was a high chance that she couldn’t conceive. I did not think that had to be in the book. Just following along the lines of what could be realistic to what she went through, I didn’t think it was plot worthy and a bit sad. If I said she could have kids and that she never got pregnant it wouldn’t be realistic enough for me. So, I just didn’t state anything in that department. (Also don’t expect a child coming with those two, at least not in the next two books.) It was another reason why I made Pauletta more involved with Princess Bethany, not only because she was already basically family, because of Cid, but because it probably is the only way she will hold another little one.

 

 

 

 

Thank you for reading my third fairy tale book! It’s totally different to the little mermaid but really, there are still some similarities if you think about it! There was still a leg problem and instead of no kissing, I put in heaps of kissing (another perk to doing ‘reverse’). Like Ariel getting taken away by Ursula, when she got her voice back, David got taken away by the merchant captain. Instead of spending three days on land with her prince, David spends a while on the boat. (Again, another reverse. Instead of land, it was sea, which is how I came up with pirates because they are real, where mermaids are pretty much magic, so I couldn’t use mermaids in a non-magic book.) I believe there are still more similarities or just ‘reverse’ similarities, but I’ll let you guys figure it out!

This book really poured out of me, and I think it’s because I already know the characters, I already knew the scene, all I had to do was just let them take me to each scene! Actually, I didn’t except the capture and death of ‘Ulrich’ to take so long but the characters just kept talking! I had to put in a steal from Alison, because how could she not!? I had to introduce Robin and Amil into the story because they are characters coming up later. Elton had to get the pirates into his collections, because that’s what he does! Erin had to loot the ship because, as a pirate, why wouldn’t you!? All that had to happen because that was what they were as characters!

 

Nonetheless, the next book is called ‘Both a little scared, Neither one Prepared.’

If you didn’t get what it could be just through the title, (Because the next words would have given it away), it is ‘Beauty and the Beast’. Once again, it will be reverse, and you already know about the ‘Beast’, which is the princess from Melya. What you will find out in the next book is how Steven becomes a part of ‘Beauty’ for the Beast. I believe it may be the most emotional book of the series too. I know it states the title more of a pretty girl and not so handsome prince. I would like to state now that my beauty and the beast is more described on what’s inside a person as well. Yes, the princess is a beast outside and inside too, but at some time she can also be beauty inside as well…I just wanted to state that…

1