The Mask
677 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mask, an object worn on the face. Purpose of the mask range from varies of reason: Protection, Disguise, Performance or Entertainment. 

The current oldest mask to even be discovered currently is approximately 9000 years old. 

The mask at core is a very practical tool. But it has a lot of various forms. Sacred, Practical or Playful. 

All these mask have their own intended purpose on how it should be used. 

There was even a mask for shaming people. These days, the amount of mask with different usage continue to grow. 

With one that is normally used in the year 2022, the surgical mask in fear of contracting disease from another person. 

However there are still particularly some interesting method of the usage of the mask. 

One of the stories of the usage of mask comes from India. Where the usage of mask was put at the back of the head when traversing through the forest, in hopes that should there ever be a tiger that try to creep up on a person, the mask will act as if its a monster that would scare away the tiger. 

Or so it was told by a friend. 

Well it is interesting hearing that however, it always seem that some Mask are creepy in general. 

Take the Hannya Mask for example, it portrays a female spirits that has gone rogue due to jealousy and obsession which is kinda similar to how the Chinese Hungry Ghost works. In general its a creepy mask to carve. 

Now why am I talking about Mask in general? Well, I'm holding one right now and it's making me see weird stuff. Very weird stuff.

16