Status Update (1)
89 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Red's POV]

"How much longer to the top?" I asked, with my entire body trembling, with my entire body sore, and in pain.

"Just a bit more. Come on, you don't even need to climb it. Just jump from one point to another." Master Darius replied.

"I'm not a monster like you," I replied, out of breath, trying not to fall.

"You don't reach the top in 2 minutes, I'm gonna make you do another 300 push up with no breaks."

"God dammit. I cursed as I forced myself to go higher and higher."

So what were we doing? Climbing the highest mountain in Forstguard. Why? This is the last day of training before we head to the castle in Ferdra.

To rewind what we did for a month, right after the incident in Lymbard. We headed to the north. From that area on, we were at different terrains, going on top, we emerged out from a hill. There was still forest here and there but there was other part of towns there as well. We have been continuing on foot as Master asked the soldier from back then to send his horse back to the castle.

He summoned the elf sword again and cast a spell to disguise himself, using wind magic. It worked as his long white beard and lion-mane-looking hair disappeared, turning back to a Dark brown short hair.

"Alright, that way, no one can find out who I am." As he laughs hysterically like a villain in the movie.

I feel bad for the Queen and his daughter.

From there we would travel ahead to each different town. Stopping in-between stops just to train me in the arts of aura as well as swordsmanship.

During the first day of traveling, he taught me the basic theory of aura first. The only takeaway I could remember from this was, everyone is born with it.

The first lesson in aura was particularly hard as I really couldn't sense anything at all.

"You gotta relax. Close your eyes and feel it."

[It's not like Ki where thou exert force internally. Although external martial art in Murim uses Ki from the insert to the outside. So maybe there's a usage you can link.]

With both of the old men instructing me left and right, it was hard to get the hang of it because of this.

I really couldn't visualize or feel anything at all. After trying fewer times, Master Darius felt it was better to try again later. With this, I'm off to rest.

[*Master, would you like to check your stats*]

Thinking about it, I did get stronger right?

"Yeah, sure."

Name: Red Chong

Title Equipped: One with the Mask

"Under the teachings of a great being, the wisdom of the student sharpens."

[Stats]

Strength Lv. 7 --> 10

Endurance: Lv. 3 --> 10

Intelligence: Lv. 2 --> 4

Agility: Lv. 5 --> 7

Luck: Lv. 3 --> 4

[Skills]

Passive Skills:

[Heavenly Demonic Mastery] Lv. 1

[Qi Cultivation] Lv. 1

[Mana Manipulation] Lv. 1 --> 2

[Grand Weapon Mastery] Lv. 1 --> 3

[Mordern Martial Art] Lv. 2 --> 3

[Butcher] *New* Lv. 3

[Hunter] *New* Lv. 3

[Poison Resistance] *New* Lv. 5

[Killer Instinct] *New* Lv. 4

Active Title:

One with the Mask

Effect: Learning and adaptability increase exponentially.

Ame-no-Uzume-no-Mikoto's Temporary Champion

Effect: Boost in Attack Speed in Dawn Period.

Inari Okami's Temporary Champion

Effect: Boost in Health when eating Rice.

Lizardman Slayer [*New*]

Effect: When encountering Lizardman and its Subspecies, Extra damage will be done to them

Goblin Slayer [*New*]

Effect: When encountering Goblin and its Subspecies, Extra damage will be done to them

Manticore Butcher [*New*]

Effect: When facing a Beast-type Enemy, Damage +20%

Surprised by how much the stats increased, I realized I had some new Passive Skills. Especially one that is very ominous.  [Killer Instinct].

I asked Blue to check the description for all the new skills.

[Butcher] Lv. 3

Due to the User being used to skinning skin and butchering the monsters up for survival.

This leads to an increase in proficiency in Skinning of Monsters and Enemy.

Using Skills related to Butchering such as [Cleave]

will have extra damage and a 15% chance of Critical Damage.

[Hunter] Lv. 3

Due to Users having to resort to hunting to survive.

Increases Hunting skill when hunting down targets

Skills such as Detection, Trap emplacement, Stealth, Silent footprint, and Hunting weapon Mastery are all automatically applied

Stealth Attacks increase 30% when landed successfully and 15% Chance of Critical Damage

[Poison Resistance] Lv. 5

With the poisonous insect continuously stabbing the User with its stinger and with the continuous eating of poisonous creatures, The User slowly builds up poison tolerance up till now.

Most poison won't have too much effect on him.

[Killer Instinct] Lv. 4

With the User massacring a large number of living beings. With every kill, his proficiency in identifying the vital spots of each breathing creature multiplies.

Bloodlust can be activated voluntarily. Able to sense bloodlust with a radius of 400 meters.

Able to withstand Enemy's bloodlust and pressure unless they are a lot stronger than you.

Causes instant death for some targets or Guaranteed Critical Damage for targets when landed on Vital Spots.

"What the. Killer Instinct looks cursed."

[It's useful though.] Ryong added on.

The titles themselves were all useful. The one that caught me by surprise was the [Maticore Butcher]

[Manticore Butcher]

Due to User repeatedly butchering up the Mythical Beast like it's nothing. These actions instilled fear in all beast-type Enemies, giving you an edge in fighting them.

Though the skill was useful. Part of me felt uncomfortable that these were even mentioned. I clenched my fist and broke into a cold sweat as I recalled what the last words from him were.

Checking out the Egg that I got back from Master Darius. It looked like it was about to hatch anytime soon. Apparently, he has been asking the servants to keep it warm so that it is ready for hatching.

With everything checked with no issue, I hugged the egg and slept by the fire.

4