Vs Griffon Slayer (3)
71 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Red's POV]

 

"What did you mean I passed?!"

 

"You passed the test."

 

"How?"

 

"There was a hidden condition in my test. As long as you were able to disarm my weapon from me, you passed the test."

 

"Wha_____"

 

"Alright, as long as you got it, we're done."

 

King Darius finished his speech and ended it. He turned his body and left. As he tilts his head, I can see a hint of sadness on his face. I briefly remembered that King Darius was a battle addict. But I supposed my performance was not up to his standard. Sighing, I spoke with Ryong.

 

"Hey, can you lend me your power? I wanna try fighting the King again."

 

[Thou sure? Thou are already at ends wits.]

 

"There's not many opportunities I would be able to face a monster like this and not get killed. Can you help?

 

[Alright.]

 

As the King bends his back to retrieve his weapon.

 

A sudden wave of Bloodlust suddenly breeze pass through him. Alarmed, he retrieves his weapon and stands on guard. While he turns his head to the person emitting such killing intent. His eyes meet with the same boy who challenged him earlier on. However, even he can tell it wasn't the boy in control now. Something else was staring and looking at him.

 

The mask itself was the clue. The eyes of the beast in the painting of that mask were previously closed. Now it was wide open. the beast's mouth now turned into a smile.

 

[Up for some fun, Old Man.] Ryong spoke as he used his finger to taunt the King.

 

King Darius, stared in surprise. But piece by piece, he started to figure out what was happening. He gave one of his signature hearty laughter.

 

"HAHAHAHHAHAHA. Oh boy. This is going to be fun."

 

"This will be a learning lesson for you."

[This will be a learning lesson for you.]

 

Both Old Men spoke in unison to me. As they both prepared to clash with one another.

 

[King Darius's POV]

The mad lad. The Boy actually allowed the beast to possess his body to fight me. Though I know from first-hand experience that the beast in the mask was not malicious but he could actually possess the boy to fight, it's a new experience! I will never let this chance go away. A beast in a boy's body. Let's see how well the beast can fare.

 

I kept the Griffon Sword and Took out another weapon. The Bear Slayer. A Greatsword with the soul of the King of Bears that I slew. This weapon grew on me well that it cuts buildings like its butter. Unable to contain my own excitement. I roared, evoking a taunting skill, [Warrior's Roar]. This forces my opponent to focus their attention on me and blindly attack me. However, after finishing the roar, he was already gone from my sight.

 

As I look around for my opponent, I felt a tap from the back. I gripped my weapon tightly and swung with all my might in the backward direction.

 

However, like previously, he was nowhere to be seen.

 

Suddenly a staff came slamming onto my left ankle. Before I could catch the beast in the mask, he vanished again.

 

Getting agitated, I switched to using [Aura sensing] to figure out his position. However when using it. I couldn't find any trace of him. Before I could do anything. The staff appears again, this time split into 3 parts as it lands on my right shoulder, almost forcing me to drop my weapon. However, because of the fact that the weapon did land on me. It meant that I caught him. I grabbed the staff and pulled it towards me.

 

'I got you."

[Me too.]

 

As I swung the great sword with my left arm horizontally, The beast appear out of thin air, holding on to a spear in a throwing position.

 

Swinging that sword halfway, I forced myself to stop the motion of swing, midway, and guard myself. Just in time, the beast threw the Spear like a javelin toward me. Using the great sword, I guarded against it. However, the force behind that throw was so great that I had to shift it to another direction, fearing that it might destroy my weapon. Without giving me a chance to breathe, he summoned the long ego sword and zigzags toward me. I summoned my own set of weapons. A sword and shield and closed my distance between the beast, prepared to take him down.

 

[Red's POV}

I gave Ryong the authority to possess my body to learn from my mistake and how to work on them. But It was more than I expected. He literally made no extra unnecessary movement when executing any attacks. Currently, both the King and him were rushing to each other, Ryong with Fang while King Darius with a summoned weapon, a sword, and a shield. Before continuing the fight. I'm actually quite confused about how am I seeing this from a 3rd person's perspective. It was weird, as I'm currently floating around my own body that Ryong had possessed, seeing everything on site. Without thinking too much, I continued the lesson, carefully watching the fight.

 

Ryong went aggressive against the King, hitting him mostly in the joints. The ankles, elbows, and hips were all targeted. But I don't get how the King couldn't see Ryong when he was just right in front of him. Especially when using Aura Detection. Suddenly voice replied.

 

[I matched mine aura with his.]

 

It was Ryong.

 

"How are you even able to talk while fighting such a monster."

 

[Becuase I'm strong. Anyways, like camouflage, waves come in forms of energy that can either be emitted or transferred. While the King was emitting energy to have a stronger power output. All I had to do was find the right wavelength output to erase my presence from him.]

 

The King suddenly stopped moving and took a wide distance apart from Ryong.

 

"You crazy bastard. You actually tried to match my Aura output. No one has been able to accomplish that historically. You managed to do it. Do you know how crazy is that? The odds of finding the exact wavelength output is like finding a needle in a grass field."

 

Astonished, I look at Ryong (who is in my body) in awe. Even I know how difficult that was. Just emitting a little aura took forever, he managed to emit and match exactly. Jesus. No wonder, he's a monster as well.

 

Ryong then used Fang and positioned himself. He closed the gap in an instant with one step as it rushes all the way to the king. The king braces for impact and slams the shield down. It created a shockwave of rubble heading to Ryong. Ryong calmly switches Fang into dagger form and ran. The King saw it as an opportunity and used his shield charging to Ryong. Ryong changed the weapon to a great sword and Cleaved it towards the shield.

 

[Cleave]

Extra 15% Critical Hit.

 

The blow landed on the shield and the King's entire posture fell lower. Not giving up, he used a skill.

 

[Royal Shield Bash]

 

A Single Target Skill

An upgraded Shield Bash that evokes the animal spirit of the King. The Damage impacts Target's entire body. Inflict extra damage, the closer the target is to the shield. Block all attacks.

A Skill befitting that for a King.

 

Requirement: King and Shield equipped.

Status Effect: Stun Guaranteed

Skill Cooldown: 5 hours

 

Ryong's great sword attack was completely negated and he was bashed by the shield. The shield suddenly had an image of a Lion's jaw appearing Biting Ryong, but he dodged the very last minute, avoiding that fatal bite. He didn't give up, however, rushing and jumping over the king. Imbuing Aura in his legs, he did something that looked stupid at the time to me. he used Aura to Kick the shield.

 

Suddenly I heard a notification from Blue.

 

[Skill Activated]

[Impact Kicks Combo 1]

[Left Low Kick] ---> [Right Roundhouse Kick] ---> [Crescent Kick] ---> [Back Kick]

 

Thump!

 

The King felt nothing on the shield.

 

Thumpp!!

 

The King started grabbing the shield tightly for some reason.

 

Thumktrhhh!!!

 

The King's shield suddenly went to sideways in the wrong direction.

 

Booommmmm!!!!

 

The King held on to the shield but his entire body flew to the back.

 

Ryong then started running with Combo-Maker in staff form and suddenly, using it like a pole vault, he pole jumped on the King's head. he was up in the air for at least 3 meters above. He took out Fang, swapping it to the Great Sword form. He plunges the entire weapon in the direction of the King's face. The King trying to react according could only use his shield to block.

 

THUMPPPPP!!!!!

 

Both Ryong and the King flew from the mountain top to the edge of the mountain.

With the King, the first one to stand up.

 

"STOPPPPP!!!!"

 

Ryong got up trying to continue just halt in his area.

 

"I give up. I'm too old for this." The King said before lifting his legs and lying flat on the snowy surface.

 

Suddenly Ryong left my body back to me. My entire body went into shock. Before I know it, it shuts down. Now, it was my turn to lie flat on the snowy surface as well.

 

"You went too far, asshole."

 

[It was fun, Heheh.]

4