Day 2, Before Competition
58 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Red's POV]

**

The next day came, and I woke up from the knock on my door.

"Sir, breakfast here."

Standing up from the bed, I walk towards the door and collected my meals, and ate.

After finishing eating, I wore my mask and returned to my plates. The guards came and salute before asking me to follow them for today's event.

From there, I was guided to a prayer room where a lady is in a nun dress.

[Looks like it's a priest.]

The lady cast a spell and a magic circle appeared below my feet. Suddenly white light envelops my body, and the wounds and aches in my body all healed up.

[*Healing Spell detected*]

The guards then guided me forward to the gate of the arena and wait. As they opened the gate, loud cheers and trumpets were played, and I was ushered to the middle of the arena.

"Looks like everyone is in high spirits, I said to the guard escorting me."

[Of course, the fact that an unknown person who appeared out of nowhere and won against the prodigy appeared, they are looking forward to seeing thou's next fight."] Ryong added.

As I walked ahead forward, the remaining participants were down to 4 only it seemed. One was a beautiful blond girl who looked very familiar for some reason. She had a long sword sheathed and wore armor that was made from a monster part. It felt as if I had a Deja Vu when looking at her. 

Another was a rough-looking dude dressed in a school uniform. He wore what I assumed was a school blazer loosely. He was wearing a spectacle and had messy hair. But he was huge, at around 1.83 meters, and was jacked. If he was smoking a cigarette, you would have assumed he was a mafia boss.

And lastly, at the end was a white-haired young man in his 20s that didn't have any armor equipped on and had a sword attached to the back of his hip. He was handsome looking as well, looking like someone from a Hollywood movie. His looks were comparable with Lionel's. They both could easily be scouted in a magazine and be top models back in my world.

I sighed in silence, as I got envious of all the handsome-looking fellows around me.

As I took one small step forward. Suddenly my surrounding turned dark and quiet. It was as if someone brought me to space. It was suffocating, as I could feel a gaze that was constantly following me, looking at my every movement.

While in the midst of walking, somehow I was blinded and suffocated.

[Calm down.]

Hearing those words from Ryong, I blink once and the image of my surrounding return to my sight again. Still breathless from the experience, quietly, I tried to catch my breath under the mask and I stand in queue with the rest. Before I could check who was the one emitting such pressure, the host cut in.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Welcome to Day 2 of the Competition between fighters!!"

As the host was speaking, the crowd started getting wilder and wilder, with the audience screaming and cheering for some of the participants' names. Including mine surprisingly.  I looked in the direction where the royalties and their guest were. It seemed there were more people compared to yesterday. I managed to spot Lionel amidst the audience with the Kings, he saw me and gave me a warm smile and a wave. The girls around that area who saw Lionel smile, instantly had their hearts melted.

"God damn handsome man."

[I can actually feel thou's jealousy through the mask.]

"Let's introduce the contestants that lasted for today. Firstly, we have the Frostguard academy ace who devastated his enemies with just his fist and magic. in every fight we had, he shattered the opponent's magic and power with a punch, rendering them useless. Let us welcome you..... TONY LOKEEEEE!!!!"

Crap I'm getting second-hand embarrassment.

The crowd cheers as the rough-looking dude suddenly had his head facing down, not staring at the audience.

Upon closer look, his face was actually tomato flushed as he started sweating nervously, while his mouth turn into a weird radio wave shape. He just proceeded to bow and not get up.

"Secondly, we have the one and only Barbarian Princess, who inherits her father's explosiveness and her mother's intelligence. She defeated her opponents using the Mydarn swordsmanship as well as countering her opponent with magic when she was in a pinch. Careful and as dangerous as a Panther, we have PRINCESS SEREN MYDARNN!!!!"

Princess? Seren Mydarn? I immediately turned my head in the direction of the lady. There was glaring at me, ready to pounce and kill me straight away. I quickly turned in the direction of King Darius. King Darius saw me looking at him.

He proceeded to knock his head with his knuckle, wink, and said:

"TEE-HEE."

**

[Ryong's POV]

The moment King Darius acted on the TEE HEE post, Red's blood vessel started popping out as if it was going to burst any moment. He clenched his fist, cracked his neck, and muttered under the mask.

"That stupid old fool. I'm gonna punch him after this."

I feel that Red's personality is slowly changing due to being driven mad by his other master.

The host continued introducing the third participant while Red was trying to avoid King Darius's daughter's gaze while cursing the King himself.

"Thirdly, we have the one regarded closest to heaven. He defeated all his opponents with pure ease and skills. With just his swordsmanship, he wrecked the stage regardless of what the opponent throws at him with ease. The champion that still held his title of being the strongest here, the so-called Sword saint..... ARTHUR!!!!"

Using the mask, I turn my gaze towards the boy that was the supposed sword saint. Our eyes met as he stares at the mask intensely. 

Hoh. Looks like he has the fighter's intuition to sense me. The heavy pressure was most likely caused by him testing me and Red. I could even gauge his aura. It was at least 30 times the amount that Red could produce. 

As much as I liked to support Red, what Lionel said was right. This guy is a monster. Knowing Red's stubbornness to rely on me, and in his condition now. He is most likely to lose to him. 

But It wasn't Red's first time facing a monster. Maybe something might surprise me again who knows? 

The host introduced Red afterward and started explaining the rules for Day 2. 

So apparently initially the lines up were supposed to be followed what yesterday's arrangement was.

Line ups:

Red - Tony Loke   ------   Serene Mydarn - Arthur

However, to make things more interesting, they decided to swap the opponents around through a lot and this was the end result.

New Line ups:

Red - Serene Mydarn    ------   Tony Loke - Arthur

Upon seeing the new arrangement, Red immediate slap himself to make sure he wasn't in a dream. Sadly, Red's luck was really bad and he had to accept that he had to fight with his master's daughter. Seren Mydarn looked at King Darius and rolled her eyes before leaving. King Darius looked at the lines up and laughed so loud that it echoed throughout the entire arena. I could see tears of laughter rolling out from his eyes.

Looks like it's a victory for Red's atrocious luck again.

4