6th Tail
52 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**

Being the Master of Magic, Tamamo-no-Mae has a deep knowledge of different spells that she had learned over the many years she has been alive. 

With her being in the east and having lived a long age for so long, she has encountered and studied various magic. Mainly Eastern magic, her talent in mystic arts stands out the most, especially since she was a spirit animal, to begin with. However, her knowledge of magic turned into a lust for power, which ultimately caused her to be malevolent.

Tamamo-no-Mae raised her hands, evoking several spells with ease. Fox Fires, Ice Spears, Gusts of wind, Floating Rocks, and balls of lightning all formed up in large quantities around her as she gently swipe her finger down, directing all those magic power into a single target.

Immediately noticing the danger of the attacks, Red dashed towards Lee Jeong-Hun and grabbed him, flinging him towards Kaguya and signaling her to leave.

Without needing to speak, Kaguya understand Red's intention and dragged both Kazue and Lee Jeong-Hun away, speeding off.

"Hey wai____" Before Kazue could finish her sentence, she was already dragged off.

As Red tried maneuvering around the destroyed floor of the Osaka Castle, like a homing missile the magic cast followed him in every direction he went. 

In the end, all the magic struck Red at the same time, creating a large smokescreen in the area.

With one swipe, Tamamo-no-Mae was able to clear all the smoke in the room to see what happened to the masked individual. In the near corner of the room, A Greatsword was found sticking on the ground some flames were extinguished afterward.

"!!"

'That weapon is not normal.' Was what was running through the mind of Nine-Tailed-Fox.

"It's my turn now," Red said to himself, raising his head and staring at the eyes of the Tamamo-no-Mae.

**

[Red's POV]

The beautiful lady that cast multiple magic enchantments blasted him at an alarming speed topping off with the fact that they were able to target him like a homing missile. If it wasn't for Fang, his hands would have been gone for good.

"What the hell is this lady's problem? Is she a witch or something?"

[...]

Ryong kept his mouth shut still, so I continued acting on my own. Dragging my sword, I kick off the ground and aimed straight for the lady. However, she cast a Barrier around her like it was nothing when I clashed my sword against her. Her Barrier was extremely tough, not budging even a little with that much power striking against it.

With the sword suddenly hitting something so tough, it had a slight whiplash forcing me to move in motion along with the sword and creating a gap between us.

[How are thou's body condition?]

"Still sore and stiff."

[Here.]

A very complex magic circle appeared on my foot as it starts to light up covering my body. As the lights fade, my body felt lighter and more relaxed. The soreness in my muscles was gone.

I cracked my neck, lifting the sword and placing it on my shoulders.

[*New Message from Ame-no-Uzume-no-Mikoto*]

"How are they able to text me?" I asked Blue who was transmitting the notification for me.

[*One of the titles has been activated here*]

Ame-no-Uzume-no-Mikoto's Temporary Champion

Effect: Boost in Attack Speed in Dawn Period.

"Why couldn't I use this in Mydarn?"

[*Due to the title being a gift for being a temporary Champion, the effect of the title is only limited to areas they have influenced in. In the other world, there was no trace of the influence of God for them to activate it. The only way they can send a message in the first place was because you equipped Combo-Maker, forcing a link to be established*]

"So similar to how WiFi works? Because I was too far from them I couldn't receive help and message. But because of Combo-Maker, it acts like an antenna causing the connection between us to be stronger for her to send a message."

[*Exactly, good job master.*] Blue replied sounding pretty happy and shocked.

I selected the message icon, opening to see the message.

[Ame-no-Uzume-no-Mikoto]:

[*Careful child. I thank you for saving my Champions but you need to escape yourself. She's too dangerous.*]

"Who is that?" I asked

[Ame-no-Uzume-no-Mikoto]:

[*The One and only Tamamo-no-Mae.*]

"Tamamo-no_Maeyyy?"

Suddenly a notification appeared.

[Titles now active.]

[Manticore Butcher ]

Effect: When facing a Beast-type Enemy, Damage +20%

Confused by why the notification suddenly appeared, Ryong responded out of nowhere. [In thou's case, basically either a Gumiho or Nine-Tailed-Fox, in your native language the Hu LiJing.]

[Has she regained her strength?] Ryong asked again while seemingly in deep thought.

The Goddess replied to his question.

[Ame-no-Uzume-no-Mikoto]:

[Not yet, the Lone wolf Awakener managed to find her all by himself.]

[Then we might have a chance.]

As the two of them are still deep in their conversation. I summoned Stix and engaged in combat with her again. this time keeping my distance.

I thrust the spear forward repeatedly, however, the Nine-Tailed-Fox managed to either dodge or block all of them except one. I threw one jab toward her before switching trajectory and swinging the spear. 

The spear managed to cut her face, causing her to bleed a little from her cheek.

Suddenly the atmosphere around the room changed. The room turned cold and I started to shiver due to the sudden drop in temperature.

The Nine-Tailed-Fox starts emitting Killing Intent was so strong that it felt like I was getting crushed by a Boulder because of it. I was not capable of standing up properly as it seemed as if weights were attached to my body, dragging me down.

"Kneel." The Nine-Tailed-Fox demanded.

Kreeakkkkk

Thumppppp-!!!

The pressure increased exponentially where there were dents formed against the floor. Ultimately it became too heavy that the entire floor shattered and slammed against the floor below.

I stood up, trying to understand what just happened when suddenly she grabbed me by my neck and starts strangling me.

"Impudent fool. You dare cause a scar on my face." 

As she said that, she slammed me against the floor again, dropping us to another level below.

Thump-!!!!

She gripped my neck tighter as I struggle to even lift a finger.

[Red, move away now!]

Seeing how Ryong was panicking. I summoned Naga out and swung my blade while being choked. However, the Nine-Tailed-Fox sighed and used her finger planning to stop the blade.

She fell for it. I infused Aura and Mana in Naga, forcing the blade to extend and aiming it at her neck. The Nine-Tailed-Fox noticed what was going on, and evoked a Barrier around her body to defend against the blade. But what she didn't expect was that a flimsy blade was able to emit such power and weight behind it.

Because she underestimated me, that sword broke through her Barrier and landed on her, slashing her body diagonally.

"AIEEEEGGHHH!!!!"

The Nine-Tailed-Fox screams in pain and I took the opportunity and kicked her off, escaping her grip.

The Nine-Tailed-Fox who was wearing a white dress was now stained with her Crimson red blood. Her eyes glowed in Red as she glares at me, baring her fangs out. Her forehead appeared with an ominous symbol. Her fingernails turn into sharp claws while Fox's ears appeared out from her head. And the most intimidating part was that several white tails sprout out from her back.

Several Fox fire appears automatically as she held the wound that was located in her neck. I realized that we were already outside of whatever this place was. I looked seeing passers-by that were curious about the whole situation. Some started staring at us, some were taking pictures, some were just speaking and the rest simply just looked.

- Woah look at that girl.

- Damn, she's so pretty, is that cosplay on her?

- Wow, the effects are cool as hell, look at those tails.

- Are they shooting a movie or something?

There was a man who ran up towards the Nine Tail

and with a pen and paper, he wanted to ask for an autograph.

I rushed trying to stop the man from getting close to her only to find myself too late. The man's entire body was burnt to a crisp immediately and there was nothing but ash left. The paper that he held, slowly fell to the ground.

Shit, I need to stop her. I grabbed my Naga and swung my weapon again, but she saw it coming, deflecting the attack with her tail. She snaps her finger and 4 screams followed suit.

4 people turned to ask immediately and that's when they realized this was not a show anymore. Immediately all hell broke loose as people all tried to flee away from the site. However, all of them simply just got ignited and burnt to death, leaving nothing but ashes behind again.

"STOP IT!" I yelled from my mask, as I summoned Stix and threw it like a javelin hoping to stop her action of burning the civilians. But it didn't work as even when both of her hands were preoccupied with stopping the spear, the fox fire continued burning the rest of the people like they were nothing.

One by one, I could see the spirit animals burning up in the spirit realm and turning into ashes themselves dying. Some tried to protect their Master but the power of the Nine-Tailed was too strong for them to even do anything. 

And from the ashes of the dead people, blue orb that was filled with light all floated up, and with a flick of her fingers, they all flew towards the direction of the Nine-Tailed-Fox's mouth.

[She absorbed and ate the life force of the humans...]

After the massacre, another tail suddenly emerged from her back. 

She smiled, delighted to see it, and starts stroking it.

The 6th Tail has emerged now.

3