The rabbits join the town.
42 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Blue's POV]

Things have been hectic on Master's end with the invasion and attacks from the vampire on his side. But on my end, things have been running extremely smoothly.

With the arrival of Senior Su Chung-Ae, the security of the land is better than ever. The kobolds that were in charge of handling the security and guarding of the forest have been training under Senior Su, which improved their skills as a warrior.

Though, the training they had to undergo was... rather gruesome.

"Since they are beasts by default, there are certain aspects of their muscles which are a lot of times stronger than what a human can achieve. Now, it's the best time to utilise those muscles and force them to evolve," was his reasoning when it comes to training the kobolds.

It seems they are not able to learn Senior Su's swordsmanship due to their physique as well. However, there was one being that has been deliberately training alongside them.

Lucky, the sister of the Kobold chiefs, has been training diligently along with the rest of the Kobold. However, as the rest of the kobolds were aimed to train their legs for an explosive power to strike, Senior Su had a different idea for Lucky.

Lucky grew up. The last I saw her, she was just a little runt. Now, she's about 13 years old. Seems like time passed differently between Master's World and her world. She was the only human who had the proper limbs needed to train in swordsmanship. Because of this, Senior Su has decided to take Lucky as his disciple and had already started undergoing her training immediately.

Thus, the town was rather peaceful as of now.

White has been hunting in the forest with the hunters to secure food for the village, while Silver has been helping out the farmers, using his body to drag the rake and sowing the field.

The villagers were initially scared of both of them due to the skills they had in their status.

[Natural Predator]

Debuff Skill

Inflict fear in creatures weaker than you or creatures you deemed as prey.

A skill that all predator animals normally have.

Effect: Fear, decreases strength.

But after working together for a while, the kobolds seemed to be able to get along with them just fine.

The town's landscape was generally almost down. The layout and details have been constructed rather professionally. Due to one of the Kobolds having the Job Skills of an [Architect], the construction of the Kobolds' house was done generally fast and quickly.

There was even a house for White and Silver, along with Senior Su. 

There was a part when the kobolds asked Senior Su if he wanted a bigger house, but he declined, saying a bed was all he needed. Nevertheless, they built him a house despite his complaints. When the kobolds revealed the house to him, he immediately turned behind and covered his mouth. He complained it was too big and spacious and that it would be a pain to clean it. But he had not once turned his head towards the kobolds and kept hiding his face. The old man was probably just shy.

The town is ultimately built like a dome, which is centred around the biggest tree as well as being a walkable distance from the portal station.

With the rough layout of the place in mind and the biggest tree conveniently stationed right smack in the centre of this entire place, it made it easy for me to plan and station where the inhabitants of this land are going to leave.

**

Lake <--- Forest <-- Portal Station --> Forest --> Cave

From the north of Portal Station: Forest --> Waterfall.

From the south of the Portal Station: Forest --> Open Grasspatch.

**

Living directly in the tree would be where Master's residence is.

The beast companion, such as White and Silver, would have lived towards the north of the Master's residence.

Towards the south of Master's residence would be where the town square of the entire town where the inhabitants would gather.

 

Following that would be where the inhabitants stayed as their houses would be built to surround the Master's residence.

In other words, the resident's house acts as a dome for Master Red. 

There is no favouritism among the inhabitants as every one of the residents is free to design their house however they like with the only rule that it should not be bigger than the village chief's home, AKA, Master Red.

The Kobold Farmers would have their homes built nearer to the portal station due to the farm being built on the open grass patch that was south of the portal station.

The Kobold miners would build their homes nearer to the east side of town so that it would be more convenient to move their equipment to the cave.

The Kobold Hunter's home, on the other hand, had the freedom to build their house anywhere they wanted since the forest was just outside of the town by a little.

The Kobold Warrior would then be stationed nearer to the edge of the town so that he can safeguard the security of the town.

On top of that, there would be a building for each team so that they would have the space to work on their professions.

The remaining Kobolds would either stay at home or do other necessary jobs such as being a cook or cleaner.

I have also assigned a leader to the specific job that the Kobolds are assigned to. This way, at the end of the day, the Kobolds of each respective job will report to Sab or Trek, which will provide an update.

The teams are stated below:

Warrior team

Hunter team

Farmer team

Miner team

**

The current inhabitant of the town is 44.

Me 

White

Silver

Lucky

Sab 

Trek

Su Chung-Ae 

Kobolds: 37

**

At the end of the day, when all the work for the day is done, the town's people would gather in the town square where they would bring their food and drinks to relax and watch a certain TV programme to destress.

That entertainment would turn out to be... my Master's struggle. 

Using my magic, I would display a large screen the size of a cinema and show the current event my master is facing (excluding the times when my master needs some privacy).

The latest "episode" the townspeople have watched so far was when the master had to team up with the vampire known as Vone to take down the vampire mages.

The idea came initially during the first week when the kobolds settled down here. The morale among the kobolds was low since they were forced to be separated from their families and friends due to overpopulation in their previous homes. However, they were forced to adapt to their current situation because their village chief said so. Because of that, no one dared to complain and was working non-stop without a break on their initiative.

At this period, I was informing both Sab and Trek what Master was up to these days, displaying a screen and showing the current event he was undergoing.

While waiting for their chief to finish talking to me, the 3 representatives from the miner, farmer, and hunter team were waiting patiently. That's when the display screen caught their attention as it shows Master in various situations where he had to fight.

One thing led to another. Soon, the town square was filled with Kobolds all mesmerised by the master's fight scene.

That led to today, where it became a common entertainment for them to enjoy. Master Red's Life is a drama tv show for his people. Even Senior Su was caught invested in the show since there were many things from Master's world he had not seen before. His TV time is often accompanied by tea brewed by his disciple, Lucky.

That led to today when the town square was filled with its citizens as per usual. Then,

DING.

DING.

DING.

The intruder alarm ran across the town. The first to move immediately were the Kobolds warriors and hunters, as they bolted straight for where the bell was ringing from.

Accompanying in the back was Lucky while Senior Su remained in the town square, not batting an eye.

With the usage of my system magic, the leaders of each Kobold team can contact me in case of an emergency through a touch of a button.

<Beep>

Looks like one of the guards found them

"Boss, intruder found, two creatures from the north of the town. They appear to be rabbits offering their surrender."

"Rabbits?"

"Affirmative. The warrior team will keep them barricaded while the hunter team is scouting the area for any more intruders."

"Good job. Leave the rest to me."

With that, I made my way to the north. When I reached where the warrior kobolds were, they had already surrounded the intruders in a circle. Senior Su has taught them well.

Lying in the middle were 2 white rabbits. Not just any rabbits. One of the rabbits had a farmer's hat while the other had an apron on.

The Farmer rabbit was the first one to speak,

"Pi, Pi, Pi." 

[Please, we seek refuge here.]

Looks like the translation spell still works.

The farmer rabbit continued speaking while pointing at the other rabbit's belly. Upon closer inspection, it seems that she was struggling to even stand and that her belly was swelling.

It seems like she was about to give birth.

"Pi, Pi~~"

[Please, we have nowhere else to stay.]

Sigh... Seems like I am more similar to Master than I thought.

"You better work hard if you want to stay here," I replied while supporting the female rabbit in standing up.

"Get them rooms," I yelled as I snapped my finger, ordering the Kobolds to work.

The rabbits were then escorted to a room while the Kobold warrior stood outside as guards.

Before the male rabbit entered the room, he turned towards me and bowed, showing me his thanks before heading back to tend to his partner.

[Rabbits *New*: 2 (Pending)]

Looks like it's about to get even livelier here. I wonder when Master is going to come and visit this place.

**

[As usual, thou are full of surprises.]

[*Shut up creator.*]

'Hm? What are you two fighting about?"

[Nothing.]

[*Nothing.*]

3