Aftermath of the ballroom incident.
45 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**

Our protagonist ran off the moment the barrier broke. The vampire nobles who were right behind him chased after him, only to find the outsider left the scene without leaving a single trace.

"Wha___!!"

"How??"

It was shocking. There were over a dozen high-ranking vampires over here, yet not a single one had been able to capture him in the ballroom when he was right under their fingertips. To some of the nobles, it was a humiliating sight and moment.

The ballroom started becoming noisy as the vampires began speaking among themselves while questioning whether the man they faced was a human or a monster hiding under human skin.

"Enough."

That one word was enough to silence the entire room. But the queen was not done.

"As your queen, I order you. Find. That. Human."

The nobles then bowed their heads, acknowledging the order as their queen walked off into the shadows. A bell was then rung, informing the guards of the news of an intruder, causing a total lockdown within the castle. Because of the damage caused by the outsider, some of the vampires had a harder time healing due to the magic inflicted by Red.

To heal and gather their strength back, they would have to feast on some blood. Some of the nobles immediately killed their livestock on the spot to gather their strength while the rest left to fulfil the mission given to them by their queen. The vampire who was famous for having a large bulky body and incredible strength, Marquis Benjamin, had his hands on one of the human girls he brought as he bared his fangs, sinking his teeth into her neck and absorbing the life essence within her dry until only a husk of her body is left.

"This is YOUR fault!"

The room kept quiet and stared at the vampire, who was shouting at the top of his lung. Marquis Adon, the vampire who tried to buy Red from Vone previously but failed, raised his voice as he raced up to Vone, digging his finger into his chest while spewing out insults.

"If you had not brought such a wild untamable beast over, there would not have been a casualty as of today. Seeing how you are still just a mere Viscount after all these years, it's no wonder you did not have other strength to control such a beast."

"Yet when the queen was in danger, all you could do was sit on your fat arse and be stunned? Pathetic." Vone replied coldly as he spits right in between Adon's feet.

"YOU____"

Before Marquis Adon could interject, Marquis Benjamin stepped in, trying to calm both sides down.

"Now. Now. You two wouldn't want to cause a scene here, don't you?"

"I see nothing wrong in this situation. Is it wrong for us of higher rank to show those inferior to us the correct way?" Adon retorted as he grabbed onto his glass cub tightly while staring fiercely at the viscount that had just insulted him.

"Even if that has been the case, you did stand by while our queen was under attack. What gives you the right to lecture against the one who risks his life fighting the outsider?

"BLASPHEMY!! YOU WOULD RATHER TAKE HIS SI___"

As Adon tried shouting in retaliation, a quick scan of the room was enough to show what position he was in. The nobles in the ballroom all gave him a look of disgust and pity. Then, the murmuring began. Slowly, the once quiet ballroom was filled with chatters due to how Adon was acting.

"This... is not over," Adon warned as he retreated, having his shoulder slamming against Vone's one before exiting the scene.

"Are you ok, Viscount Vone?" Benjamin asked as he walked slowly towards Vone.

"Yes... I'm fine."

"Ignore him. There will always be higher-ranked nobles who act like this even though it's already out of trend these days."

"Thank you for your concern, Marquis Benjamin," Vone replied as he bowed to show respect.

"It's fine. I'm ready to head out to find that human. Care to join me, Viscount Vone?"

"I would be honoured to."

Benjamin took a look at Vone's body and asked curiously, "Are you sure? You seemed to have suffered quite an injury when facing the hum___". 

To his surprise, there was not a speck of blood found in his body. It was as if the wounds had disappeared altogether.

"Wow. Perhaps you have already feasted? There's not a single sight of injury. Your regenerative strength is faster than I thought. Must be nice being so youthful."

Vone looked surprised as he stared at the supposed cut he received from Red earlier on. Normally, it would take at least half an hour to heal from an injury like that.

"No... I have not feasted."

"Then, you are pretty lucky. It means you were skilled enough to face that human and came out with no injury while some of the other fellas disintegrated into ashes. If you need some blood, let me know. I will loan you one of the humans I own."

"Thank you for your kindness."

As Benjamin finishes his sentence, he headed off into the darkness to fulfil his mission as well, leaving Vone alone in the entrance of the ballroom in silence as Vone took a look at the supposed injury he sustained from Red. 

'It's not just the fact that I did not eat. I haven't had the urge to ingest any human blood since that day...' Vone thought to himself silently as he tilted his head forward to where Red was last seen in his eyes.

'What is happening to my body...?'

**

 [Lee Jeong-Hun's POV]

A class that was completely different from what I expected. It was certainly a surprise. This wasn't a class that I had heard or seen before. The countless number of times I restarted this journey, this was the strangest one of them all. Why? Because there's no information about it other than an ominous message. Clicking on the (more details) button shows only these words:

[The one who tames the demons is not so different from them after all.]

The f*ck. Are they saying I'm the same as those demonic bastards?

Other than these words, nothing is shown other than 2 new skills and a title that came along with it.

[Possession] Lv. 1/10

With the power of the demons imbued in the forms of masks, one can draw out the latent power of the demons to apply it to himself. But be careful. The more power you take in, the higher the chance it is for a demon to hijack your body. Once a body is hijacked, it's lost forever to the demon. The higher the level, the more power you draw from said demons.

[Absorb] Lv. 1/10

Killing an entity would allow you the option to absorb their power to specific demons, making them stronger. There's a chance you can tame or even resurrect some of the dead beings into a form of a demon. The higher the level, the more you can absorb.

Title: [Demon Tamer] 

All demons weaker than you will be afraid of you. Demons that find you worthy will allow you to use their strengths.

It was honestly puzzling. The skills are pointing me towards something that a necromancer would use, but instead of the dead, it was tailored to taming them, not destroying them. But you can't deny the effect of these skills. This is a faster way to get stronger compared to the traditional level-up. However, this also meant that it was a double-edged sword when using it.

Picking up Jack-Ó-Lantern's mask, I stared at it, watching it closely. The design of the mask is rather closely related to that other awakener one... could it be that he's also a demon tamer as well?

**

[How long do you plan on staring at me?]

What the. Who said that?

[You dumbf*ck. You are staring at me.]

Who permitted you to intrude on my head?

[I can't do that. I can only talk to you when I want to. Besides, how much longer do you intend on staring at me? This is creepy.]

What makes you think I won't destroy this mask? 

[Destroying the mask would mean setting me free. Do you plan on fighting me with your current abilities?]

...

[I didn't think so.]

**

It frustrates me immensely, but I had no choice but to rely on this thing to get stronger now. With that being said, it was finally time for me to return home. Grabbing the key that allowed me to this dungeon, I turned the key in another direction as the gate was summoned.

Stepping out of the dungeon, I found myself back where I initially was when I used the key, but instead of being daytime, it was nighttime.

[So this is the humans that have evolved so far huh.]

Ignoring Jack-Ó-Lantern, I retrieved my phone from my inventory to check on any updates.

Tink! Tink! Tink!

?? 

What's with the repeated notification? 

Picking my phone up, the call logs were flooded with tons of messages and calls that filled up my entire phone, causing it to malfunction for a little while.

764 Text messages and 363 missed calls to be exact. I was only gone for 3 days. What's with the____?

?? What's with this date? Did I see it wrongly? 

[Oh yea. Time works differently when you were in that dungeon. You were gone for roughly 3 months.]

Shit. The class change key shouldn't have such a huge difference in time lag. What's going on?

With a heavy sigh, I tapped on the dial on my phone.

[Calling: Mother]

*Beep* *Beep*

Whatever happened, it is what it is. I have enough power to protect my family from this calamity. Now the problem is, how should I explain my disappearance to my family?

*Click*

"LEE JEONG-HUN WHERE DI_____"

2