Report Submission.
38 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3 months had passed since the attack of the Tamam-No-Mae, and the exchange between the Chinese champions occurred. 

Trapped in an office room lies a lonely figure who was desperately trying to meet the deadline of her report as the sound of the keyboard clicking started accelerating at a faster speed.

Click.

Click.

Click.

This continued for another hour until the lady hit the enter button on her computer.

"Finally, I'm done with the reports."

Sasaki Kaguya exclaimed as she got up from her seat and extended both her arms and back for a quick stretch while peering out into the moon that was shining brightly in the sky.

Just then:

*Ring~Ring*

Turning to where the source of the sound came from, Kaguya walked towards it, picking up the call.

"Hell____"

"SASAKI-SAN!!"

A scream burst through her cell phone, temporarily deafening her ear.

"Not you again," Kaguya replied with a deep sigh as the phone revealed the face of Diego, the Champion of Xiuhtecuhtli of the Aztec gods.

"Come on, just one date? I'll bring you somewhere fancy~~."

*Beep*

Ending the nonsensical call immediately, Sasaki returned to her seat and took a final look at the report she was about to submit.

Attached to the report was a picture of Red and the mask he wore. The awakener who singlehandedly beat the Nine-tailed Fox. It was a rather mysterious situation since the masked awakener was first mentioned in a report regarding the Imoogi's dungeon located in Singapore. Back when the masked awakener first appeared, he was defeated by Lee Jeong-Hun rather easily.

However, in the short time between the 2 incidents, he was able to best the creature who took down Lee Jeong-Hun with ease. He became a hero. 

The strangest information of them all was that he has been blessed by the Japanese Gods despite not being a citizen of Japan. The Shinto Gods are known to be very territorial, with them not getting involved with anyone outside of Japan. For them to treat a foreigner with such favouritism was highly unusual, especially when the only ones who could communicate with the gods were champions and priests/priestesses of that specific god.

The reason why one would say the masked awakener was blessed was due to his ability to wield a divine weapon without retribution. When one wields a weapon given by god without permission, he/she would be struck by a bolt of lightning that would kill him ten-fold, making sure he/she will never disrespect the gods ever again even in the afterlife. According to Abe Kazue, not only did he steal the weapon from her, but he was seen using that very same weapon later on against Tamam-No-Mae. When questioned how he managed to come to Japan despite not having a passport, all he could say was that the gods were the ones who brought him here. Although suspicious, he was able to support his claims due to the messages passed from the gods to their champions directly, who vouched for his innocence of being in Japan illegally.

Of course, currently, only two people know of his true identity. Sasaki Kaguya and the other one being Nakamura Yuuma. Of course, this detail is not revealed within the report since Red did ask to keep his identity a secret.

*Bzzt* *Bzzt*

Kaguya's phone once again rang with Diego's name appearing on the screen.

"Is it worth keeping your identity a secret if it means I have to deal with this idiot again?" Kaguya thought to herself as she declined the call and packed her bag.

As her phone dies down, suddenly the screen brightens up once again, indicating another call.

Frustrated at the mess that was Diego, Kaguya grabbed her phone, shouting straight into the speaker:

"FOR THE LAST TIME DIEGO, I'M NOT INT___"

"Is this the wrong time?"

Hearing a different sound, Kaguya quickly took a look at the contact, which distinctly wrote the word: Nakamura Yuuma

"Nakamura-san! I am so sorry for the way I spoke earlier, I ___"

"It's fine, it's fine. So... Diego, huh? Interesting dating choice you have there."

"Stop teasing me, Nakamura-san!! It's just that he has been pestering me for a date for so long that I got fed up with it."

"I'm kidding, hahaha. On a serious note, have you noticed where our masked adventurer has been recently?"

"The last conversation I had with him, he said he was heading towards the United Kingdom for his oversea exchange."

"Well, that overseas exchange timing has been rather weird given the timing where the place he is staying has been reported with multiple gruesome murders that couldn't be explained."

"Murders? You don't think he would have been caught up with it, do you?"

"That was my thought initially, so I tried calling his number to make sure he was fine, but...

"But what?"

"He hasn't picked up his cell for over a few months."

"But that's normal, right?" 

"Yea, until I receive a report from earlier today."

"About what?

"The roundtables have started moving once again."

Kaguya grabbed her phone tightly as she carefully asked one last question.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I'm sure."

**

After bursting through the doors of the ballroom, Red could finally start on his mission. Without wasting a single second, he zig-zagged through the halls with extreme speed, making sure no one could catch him. As he makes a turn in one of the corridors, he stumbles across 2 vampire guards who are patrolling this region of the castle.

"Wha___?"

"Who?!"

Before any of them could finish their sentence, Red had already made his move, plunging his fist to the stomach of the guard from the left while [Heel Kick] right at the chin of the guard from the right, instantly dropping both of them to the ground.

With both of them down, he immediately continues his journey as a siren was sound all over the island, causing a complete lockdown of the castle, ensuring there will not be a single living thing coming in or leaving this area.

But alas, that was not Red's concern. His only objective is to find clues and records of Lord Vasilius that would benefit the other world.

As he descends from the castle, trying to find something that could help him, a voice sounded off in his head.

[Try this door.]

Without batting an eye, Red pushed the door open, slipping in and blending with the darkness, throwing those pursuing him off his scent.

[That will keep them busy for a while.]

Red peeped out into the hallway with the tiny gap the door had.

The hallways were clear.

'Time to move.'

As he took a step into the hallways again, Ryong stopped him.

[Stop. Take a look behind thou.]

Red complied and takes a look behind.

Books.

Books and books all filled to the brim of the bookshelf. Thousands of them all stacked together side by side, and that was only the first row. It was a library.

Red took a step in stealthily, walking past the rows of bookshelves filled with different books. Some are covered with dust, while some look completely new. A mixture of old and new books all compiled together.

Red proceeds to grab one of the newer-looking books from the shelves and proceed to read its title.

"Fifty... shades of Gr___"

Then he stopped himself immediately, knowing something bothersome was going to appear.

[*Fifty Shades of What?*]

Once again, proving his theory was correct, Blue appeared seemingly nowhere as usual to ask her unnecessary questions.

"...Nothing."

Red replied, immediately moving on from where he took the book. As he left the section he was in, tilting his upwards, he was able to see the section he was in.

"Romance."

'Huh?'

[What's the matter?]

It appears that this entire floor was dedicated to the genre: Romance.

Given that there are lots of genres for books in the world, how many stories is the library in this case?

As he ponders to himself to either go up or down, a small cough could be heard from his back.

*Cough.*

Cautious, Red immediately went into a battle stance, drawing Naga out, and preparing for a battle... Only to find a small boy there waving his hands.

"Hello, Mister!"

2