The Vampire Queen’s exchange.
60 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three balls of flame burning in a bright white flame surrounded Red as they floated, more accurately twirling, around him.

The flames were burning fiercely, seemingly able to burn everything it came in contact with, yet Red wasn't afraid. Instead, he chose to stick his hand out, reaching for one of them slowly.

[Hold on a minute, It might be dangerous_]

Ryong panicked as soon as he realised what Red was trying to do since this was uncharted territory for both of them.

But before he could get his warning across to Red, Red's right was a few centimetres away from the flames. 

There were many moments where Red trusted Ryong's judgement when it came to dangerous situations or power. However, he had a very good feeling this time and decided to trust his gut feeling, reaching out for the ball of flame.

Upon coming in contact, the ball of flame burst into ignition,  seemingly engulfing Red's arm in flaming and burning the entire thing up.

But Red wasn't screaming nor shouting in pain. Instead, he stared at it as the white flames captivated his eyes while it swayed left and right.

Rather than hot, it was warm. The wounds that were covered by the flames were healing at a supernatural speed. It felt similar to bathing in a hot spring.

As he watched the flames with great curiosity, the hilt of Fang started shaking violently, shaking Red out of his trance. Holding the blade closer than before, Fang resonated with Red as its blade seemed to calm down the closer it was to the white flame.

'Do you want me to place the fire onto you?'

Fang shook twice as though answering yes.

'Alright.'

With the white flames still burning on his hand, Red placed his palm on the blade of the long sword and dragged it across to the tip. It was from this point that the white flames were seemingly absorbed into the Fang.

The Queen was still standing on guard as she kept a distance from the remaining 2 white flames hovering around Red. Whatever those flames were, she knew they were incredibly dangerous towards her. It was best to have a safe distance to figure out what her current range of motion and attack was.

The white flame was absorbed into Fang, Red raised the long sword, before swinging it down with his right hand. The white flames seemed ignited within the blade, forming fiery white flames around the blade.

'Thi... It's beautiful.'

[It's very similar to the aura blade shown by King Darius, except the sword uses its ability to amplify its attack.]

As he was still admiring the flames produced by Fang, the Queen made her move as she submerged herself into the shadows only to reveal herself from the ceiling.

Striking from the top were shockwaves accompanied by red fury slashed. Fang shook twice in response, reminding its owner about the danger approaching him. But even without the warnings, Red was already aware of the danger due to this useful little skill called [Killer Instinct].

Swinging his sword in a robust yet simple manner, the sword slashes heavily along with white flames, negating the Queen's attack with ease.

"What?!"

The Queen's eyes widened upon seeing her attacks vanishing in thin air as she launched another barrage of slashes of shockwaves path only for it to be negated with no troubles.

"Kugh!!"

Having no choice, the Queen started drawing blood out from her wrist, letting it flow. But just like the vampire earlier on, the blood didn't drop to the ground and instead floated to form rows of spears made from blood as she launched the attack repeatedly.

The speed, however, was in a different realm compared to the noble vampire's one earlier on.

Red was forced to heighten his sense of sight to the max, straining himself because of the sheer speed one of those spears possessed.

The Queen twirled her finger, spreading the blood spears in a circle surrounding Red as she flicked her finger, initiating the launch of her attacks.

With no other choice other than swinging his continuously, Red was stuck in a state of enhanced focus and concentration, making sure every one of the spears was destroyed or dodged. The 2 balls of flame along with Fang certainly helped since they were able to completely negate some of the blood entirely.

And it worked. None of the spears had been able to land a single attack on Red despite some of the spears being able to travel near the sound of speed.

It was all thanks to Ryong, more specifically, the magic and skill he provided that he was able to remain unscathed.

[Can't touch this] Lv. 1 --> 2 *New*

Any attack launched with bloodlust imbued will leave a tracing line. How the user uses this to your advantage is up to you.

Can't touch this du du du du~

'Hah! I was even able to level up my skills because of this.'

Red laughed hysterically beneath the mask, prompting Ryong to reprimand him not to go too far just because he got a little stronger.

Due to the Queen's blood physically being the catalyst for her attack, it was easy to trace every one of her attacks and, at this point, even an opening.

 Because in between 3 spears was a path leading straight to the Queen.

However, it required Red to rush straight for the Queen while destroying everything in his way in a single blow.

'Urgh, I didn't want to use this because of the nightmare it would bring me. But it seems like that's not an option now.'

With a quick sigh of annoyance, Red deflected the last spear coming to him and made his move. Pushing his feet off the ground with enhanced strength, he held his sword high as he closed his eyes and began pouring a large amount of aura into his blade.

And with a heap of breath, he cleaved straight ahead with an explosive might.

**

[Mydarn's Swordsmanship: Boulder Strike]

Single or multiple targets depending on how it is used.

Slams a sword against the target while exerting a huge amount of pressure. The strength of the pressure is said to be similar to a crushing boulder.

Combo: 1

Requirement: Aura Mastery or Mydarn's  Swordsmanship.

**

Fang howls fiercely as the blade penetrates through the air, cutting and burning everything in its way with the help of the cleansing flame.

Red held Fang with great concentration and strength as the pressure of the atmosphere increased exponentially due to his aura enveloping the entire library's floor. 

 While holding on to his weapon, several new message notifications rang as one by one revealed themselves in front of his face.

**

[Learnt Mydarn Swordsmanship - Red's ver.]

[Due to the user surviving against someone who uses this swordsmanship regularly, he was able to learn and adapt his twist to this swordsmanship, gaining it as his style of fighting. Thus, this swordsmanship has been unlocked for you.]

[Mydarn Swordsmanship - Red's Boulder Strike has been learnt.]

[While the boulder strike of this calibre is nowhere near the one his master uses, it is still powerful all on its own.]

**

"Hah! Even when I don't see him anymore, he still manages to demoralise me on how I am."

Red smiles faintly as he closes the message window.

[Thou are a crazy guy, earning a new swordsmanship from such a dangerous situation.]

Ryong complains as he sighs heavily, looking at the Queen whose face is showing signs of extreme annoyance due to her spell being broken due to this one strike. Along with the pressure, Red managed to successfully land an attack on her left as blood could be seen dripping from her dress.

The Queen glares at Red, staring at him furiously as her back starts to sink due to the extreme pressure she is feeling. The only way to describe this was that it felt like a boulder was placed on her back. It was hard for even the Queen to move her body freely.

But she wasn't done. There was a reason why she was the queen of the vampires.

With part of her blood in her hand, the Queen chanted from seemingly nowhere, which in turn summoned several magic circles in the library. 

"Wha?!" 

Releasing his concentration accidentally due to the sudden appearance of the magic circle, the heavy pressure in the library instantly lightened up, allowing the Queen to move freely as she waved her hands towards her, as though retrieving something back.

Like a warning signal, his perception against bloodlust immediately acted again as they warned him of the dangers coming from his back Red immediately released the pressure entirely and rolled towards his left, barely avoiding the blood spike the Queen recalled.

Kicking his leg off the ground again, he bee-lined straight for the Queen again as he swung his weapon vertically and horizontally, all within a second, which the Queen promptly dodged with no effort and returned a wave of blood spike shooting out from the ground, with one successfully piercing in Red's left thigh.

Biting his lip in hopes that it would lessen the pain spreading across his leg, Red twisted his entire body and, in return, swung his sword upwards towards the Queen, damaging the Queen successfully with the help of the skill, [Phatom Cleave], which sends an invisible slash towards the Queen.

The Queen screamed in pain as infused within the skill was the addition of Aura and the Cleansing Flame that landed on her left arm. Because of the unique skill of the [Cleansing Flame], the fire burned even brighter once it recognised the Queen as an unholy being.

The flames then started to spread across from her hands up to her bicep, burning even brighter the longer it burnt. With seemingly no other choice, the Queen raised her left arm and, without hesitation, severed it off with the help of her right claw.

Without wasting a single second, Red kicked off the ground again, this time changing Fang into its Greatsword form. Stopping right before the Queen, he raised his weapon high in the air and was about to end it all when something dropped right in between them.

It was a book.

"!!"

The book is titled: Marceline's Diary.

Along with the book was a tiny golden key.

"H-How is this here?!?"

The Queen asked as her face broke out into a frenzy of panic. Floating above the book was the little boy Red met earlier on.

"Big Sis asked me to pass you the book you wanted, big bro!"

"Big Sis?" Red asked, confused at who it was, only for a new message to emerge in front of him.

[*Surprise!!*]

'I should have known it was you. There's no one else more pain in the ass than you.'

Red said as he reached out for the book, only for his hands to be grazed by a blood spike.

He turned over, seeing the Queen practically crawling over to retrieve the book.

"Get your filthy hands off the book, human."

The Queen warned as magic circles emerged from the library surrounding them.

3