Chapter 3: Eevee and Metting Serena
641 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kalos Region, Vaniville Town

The Kalos region's starting point. In this town, a car is headed toward a certain place in the city. The car belongs to the Professor of Luminose City, Professor Sycamore. A couple of suitcases could be seen in the back; clearly, he was ready for a trip of sorts.

Professor Sycamore stops the car and heads toward a beige and lime-colored two-story house with orange tiles on its roof.

A large ground field could be seen off to the side. A Rhyhorn could be seen resting in front of it, enjoying the sunbath.

"A house with a resting Rhyhorn." This is indeed the place Grace mentioned. So that professional rider lives here with her daughter, eh? " Professor Sycamore muttered under his breath.

He then proceeded to the house's gate. He observed the Rhyhorn for a moment before nodding his head, " A well-trained Rhyhorn indeed. It's no wonder Grace is able to win so many competitions so easily.

"Still, Grace should know I should be coming today since we last spoke over the phone. Her daughter is quite lucky to have received Professor Oak's invitation to his summer camp. As I recall, Grace said her daughter was called Serena, right? "," he talked to himself again before pressing it.

A buzzing sound echoed inside the house before he heard a rather quick voice respond to him. "Yes, yes, I'll be there in a minute! I'm just finishing preparing breakfast! "

Another moment passed in silence before he heard the door open. Grace appeared wearing a kitchen apron and a ladle in one of her hands. However, she became dazed upon seeing Professor Sycamore at her doorsteps.

"Haha, good morning Miss Grace. "I do believe I told you over the phone that I would pay you a visit today," Professor Sycamore spoke out with a laugh.

"Ohh...was that today? I'm sorry, Professor Sycamore. It completely went past my mind, haha!", Grace replied with an apologetic laugh.

"That's quite okay. You've been pretty busy as of late, so it can be easy to forget things. I'm very familiar with that feeling since I'm a Pokemon Professor. That's why I came a few hours early. The scheduled flights to Kanto aren't until a few hours later...

"I see. I really am sorry about that. My next competition is up soon, and I need all the training I can get. Why don't you join us for breakfast as an apology? "Your drive from Lumiose City must have been long."

"It wasn't much of a drive, to be honest, but is that alright with you?" asked Professor Sycamore.

"Of course it is! It would be an honour to treat Kalos's Pokemon to a home-cooked meal. Grace offered with a smile, " and don't be a stranger at the door. "Welcome to our home, Professor Sycamore."

"Thank you, pardon my intrusion." said the professor.

After the two went into her home, there was no sign of her daughter anywhere on the first floor. Grace then saw her fletching at the window. Seeing her daughter not there, Grace spoke out to Fletchling, " Fletchling, be a dear and go wake up Serena, okay?"

"Fletch!", Fletchling responded, bobbing its head.

And at this present moment, Serena can be seen sleeping on her right side with a Pikachu and Bulbasaur pillow next to her. Most of her body was covered by her blanket. The sunlight peered into the room, showing that it was morning, but Serena was still sleeping.

Fletchling took over her flight and went to Serena's room. It entered through the slight crack of the door and then landed on Serena and looked at her while tilting her head.

Without prior notice, Fletchling lifted her head back and initiated a pech. All of a sudden, Serena felt something sharp strike her head.

"Ahhhhhhh!", Serena yelled out, jolting her body up. She then tumbled over onto the side of the bed, revealing her pink pajamas and a bow ribbon tied around her head; her feet stood up as she tumbled out of the bed, letting her Bulbasaur pillow toss into the air and land behind her.

Meanwhile, back down on the first floor, after hearing a loud crash from the second floor, Grace smiled and looked at Professor Sycamore. She then started to set the table.

"See? Grace said, "Works like a charm every time.", seeing her daughter had woken up now.

Not even a couple of seconds passed before a groggy Serena started walking down the steps to the first floor, rubbing her eyes. She then let out a groan and complained at the fletching who was flying behind her.

"Ugh... Mom, how many times do I have to tell you I don't like you to send a fledgling to wake me up!" Serena said, arriving on the first floor.

Well, good morning, Sleepyhead. Did you enjoy your sleep? "," asked Grace with a smile.

"Yawn...good morning, Mama," Serena said with a yawn, stretching her arms.

"Fletchling!"," Fletchling replied, flying over to Grace.

"Good work, Fletchling. I put your meal off to the side, so feel free to enjoy it. Serena, breakfast is almost ready. We have a guest this morning, so go wash up. "

"A guest..."?" Serena replied, confused.

After she got a clear view of the floor, she saw Grace and Professor Sycamore.

"Ahh! I almost forgot!", Serena became flustered in shock.

"This is an important day for you since this will be your first time leaving Kalos. "It's a loss. I can't go with you, so that's why Professor Sycamore is here to take you in my stead," Grace said to Serena.

"It's as Grace said. It's good that you're awake, Serena. It's nice to meet you too. You can call me Professor Sycamore since it's my first time here. "

"H-Hello, Professor...", Serena replied with a soft tone, still waking up.

Serena then realised Professor Sycamore was actually there in her house and froze up. She saw her hair was very much unkept, a typical bedhead. Her pajamas were also somewhat messy, as a result of tossing around due to Fletchling's Peck moment.

"Ahhh...", Serena yelled out once more, finally realising the situation she was in. She hightailed it out of there and went right back up to the washroom to get cleaned up.

Seeing Serena act a bit clumsy like this, Grace laughed as she set the food down. " I hope you don't mind waiting a bit longer."

"Not at all. "We still have some time before our flight," the professor replied, checking his watch.

"Sounds like you're meeting with Professor Oak for your new research?"

" Yes, I have planned a meeting with Professor Oak and some more plans in the Kanto region for my research!" replied Professor Sycamore. " There will be plenty of other children the other professors are bringing, or coming together with their parents for this summer camp. Serena will fit in just fine. "

"Then that is good. Serena's been looking forward to meeting more friends and seeing a lot of Pokemon. "

Professor Sycamore nodded his head.

And just like that, after some time passed, Serena started her trip toward Kanto along with Professor Sycamore. She has an embarrassing face most of the time, but during their flight, she was able to get acquainted with him. She was very much looking forward to the event taking place soon, just as the professor did.

Pallet Town, Kanto Region

Professor Oak hosted a summer camp, and he invited some of the children of Pallet Town and from other regions, as well as some professors, to discuss new discoveries related to Pokémon.

Outside Professor Oak's lab, there are a large number of kids waiting with their parents. Ash, who appeared to be excited, was there with her mother. Green was also there, and Gary, Professor Oak's grandson, could be seen with his face painted with resentment. Gary was made to walk with everyone. There were numerous more kids attending the summer programme.

Professor Oak stepped out of the lab carrying some bags and shouted to the kids, "Everyone gets in!". The parents of each youngster that traveled with him were then the focus of Oak's attention.

I swear I'll look after your kids. Professor Oak comforted all the parents, "Don't worry; nothing will happen to them under my watch;" now they all seemed reassured.

The kids were seated next to one another on the minibus. Some kids didn't get a chance to get their preferred seats because they were all taken by other kids. Driving the vehicle would be the Professor.

Gary enjoyed making fun of Ash for being a loser for whatever reason, always.

Stop moving around so much on the bus, you loser. Because Ash kept moving around, Gary appeared irritated.

They reached their location after two hours. All of the students were instructed to follow Oak when he safely parked the bus.

* * * * *

Thanks for reading! Hope you like it.

Give a review of the story.

.

1