Zombie Dungeon
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Standing in his yard he sheathed his sword and jumped up onto his roof, using chakra to soften his footsteps by creating a 'thin' layer of absorbent chakra he leaped from his roof and onto the roof of the building next door, that was outside of the safe zone.

He made a little noise but he stayed low and focused on a few of the zombies walking around, none of them seemed to notice and he heard a soft chime.

He had eventually turned battle notifications off, and as long as he wasn't 'Safe' he wouldn't get them.

Needing to manually go check, he noticed he had a stealth skill now

[Stealth 19/30]
The ability to remain undetected.

Already pretty high, which was good. It simply meant that all his training paid off.

He began to jump between buildings, heading in a straight direction until he saw what he was looking for, it was a 'barrier' so to speak, the edge of the 'Game' wall for this dungeon, it was still a pretty big dungeon, at full speed, it would take him about a little under thirty minutes if he were to run the entire edge of the available map.

Now the question was, where was the boss for this level? If he had to guess the easiest idea would be for it to be in the cemetery not too far from his house to the north, it wasn't a large one but considering his situation.

All boss fights happened in the graveyard, so he began to head toward it. 

Since he was scouting right now he didn't try to level up anything other than stealth really, though he did hear another chime that he would check later.

Finally getting to the graveyard he landed on top of the fence, a notification appearing in front of him.

[Boss Detected, Activate Boss fight?]
Y/N

He clicked on no, glad it was an activation boss fight.

Returning back to his house he sat on his roof while he pulled out his inventory to take a look at his crafting material tab, he had. A LOT of bones, clicking craft on them a small menu with only three icons came up

[Bone Shiv.]
[Bone Throwing Shiv.]
[Bone Powder.]

Clicking the throwing shiv option, a quantity window appeared. Bones were really easy to get, so just to confirm he clicked just ten, before confirming it.

A timer appeared on the bones, the whole stack of them.

Clicking on them to try and move them prompted a warning. 

[Moving Crafting resources will cancel the craft and destroy the items used to craft.]
Confirm?

He hit no, noting for later that if he wanted to craft something, to separate the materials he used for it to a different box from the 'main' slot for them.

It wasn't long anyway, only thirty seconds so he stood up quickly.

Readying his sword he took his father's stance as he jumped from the roof of his house and out of the safe zone, attacking a few zombies with his father's skill before he heard the chime, stepping back into the safe zone.

[Crashing Waves 3o/50.]

It took longer to get it to update than the Swift Death due to the 'nature' of the skill, Crashing Waves was the style meant for him to fight against someone, and since nothing actually attacked him because he killed them too quickly it took longer to get the full 'experience'.

Checking his sword he noticed how the blood was already gone and now that he thought about it, none of the zombie blood got on him either, or if it did it was already gone.

He heard the ding of his crafting completing but he stepped forward to slash a zombie's arm off. Blood went everywhere but after a few seconds, it simply seemed to slowly vanish.

He shrugged at that and sheathed his sword, not caring as the Zombie looked around for what cut its arm off.

Sitting back down on the roof after an easy hop onto the roof he checked a few of his 'skill' masteries.

[Kenjutsu 18%.]
5% Your Blade can hold an edge longer
10% You are less likely to lose grip on your sword
15% Your sword is less likely to break.

[Taijutsu 12%]
5% Your knuckles have hardened, preventing your skin from splitting.
10% You're less likely to lose your balance

[Chakra Control 9%]
5% Your chakra is easier to control

[Shurikenjutsu 11%]
5% You are more accurate with throwing projectiles
10% You have a higher chance of being able to retrieve your weapon.

He scratched his chin, the small perks he gained from mastering things would be incredibly useful, one thing he'd already noticed was his knuckles hardening, having noted it when he accidentally punched through the boss's skeleton head and punched the stone roof. 

It hurt like a bitch, but his knuckles didn't split his skin.

He's trained both his Taijutsu and Kenjutsu but hasn't done much to train his throwing skills since it was, annoying to practice on skeletons.

Taking one of the throwing knives he now had after queuing up a LOT more to craft, he threw it.

It punctured a zombie's chest, but all it did was flinch slightly backward due to the force before it continued to shamble.

Hell of off-target, but at least he still hit the target... 

Looks like he knew what his next grind was, he had another two months before he had to consider taking the academy test again to graduate with the next class.

Now that he had a tone of throwing knives made out of bone made, he began to run along the roofs, aiming to level stealth and his chakra control while he practiced hitting targets. Not caring too much if he missed his target, he still tried to hit them, but instead of getting angry over a miss he kept moving and moved on.

He had enough bones that even if they did the smallest damage possible, he could most likely take out a tailed beast.

Even if he did, somehow run out of bones, speed clearing the dungeon would only get faster and faster since technically that dungeon was completed once the boss was destroyed.

Eventually, the thing about that dungeon that would take him the longest was reopening it with his thoughts.

He was finally able to land a headshot with enough strength that it killed the zombie it hit, and when the zombie dropped he noticed three drops from the zombie

[Zombie Jerky]
Recommend not eating it.

[Zombie Teeth.]
They... Could be useful?

[Zombie Cloth.]
A piece of fabric from a zombie's clothing.

Zombie jerky? That was... Unnerving, but it was most likely meant to be used in poisons or something, there was a curiosity about how it would work if someone did eat it, not that he would do it himself...

But he could force feed it to someone, and examine how it affects them, maybe it was like Zombies flesh from Minecraft? It restored hunger but with the side effect of making you more hungry.

He put his ideas to the side for now and continued to grind until it was time to head back for the night.

Exiting the dungeon the first thing he did was hide his clothing, automatically cleaning them in the inventory as he himself went to take a shower before preparing himself a meal.

It was just a quick and easy meat, veggies, and rice meal, despite its simplicity it was always good to eat after a workout.

Especially since weirdly his cooking skill had gained a mastery level.

[Cooking 5%]
5% The path of cooking is a long, and hard journey. But you will find it easier, able to better identify exact measurements of ingredients without using a tool.

Which, also just so happened to be the longest description for a mastery he had, which was less weird and more amusing.

It was while he was enjoying his meal that he sensed a presence coming close to the house before someone knocked on the door.


Like it? Add to library!
Looking to support me?
paypal.me/BeaulenSmith
https://www.patreon.com/BeauSmith
Check out my Webnovel
https://www.webnovel.com/profile/4313773437?appId=10

1