Chapter 3
134 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The gates come in three types: Green, Blue, and Red. Green and Red gates represent one-way gates to another planet, but the difference is that Green gates allow only those on one side to enter, in this case, Earth, while the other planet sees it as a Red gate. If an invader were to come out of that gate, they couldn't do anything other than defend against them. However, it will soon become a Blue gate that allows travel to either side, meaning that if they could overcome the initial invasion, they could retaliate later.

These Green and Red gates last only one week until they evolve into a blue gate, which, at this point, only lasts for three weeks. If it starts as a blue gate, it will last for a whole month.

The Dungeon, on the other hand, is a unique existence. As of now, and among the other planets they've come in contact with, only Earth displayed such bizarre occurrences. Dungeons don't seem to exist outside of Earth, nor do the Systems. It's as if they were chosen by a higher power. No matter which planet they came in contact with, whether strong or very weak in comparison to them, they didn't have these two things.

Dungeons function as an EXP farm, where only players can enter in this case, and have to complete various missions or objectives to complete it. The contents of Dungeons are fixed, with each of them about various events from unknown civilizations light-years away from them.

However, unlike the Gates, which connect to various civilizations, these Dungeons simply simulate events, and there is an [Escape] function, letting them leave if they are in danger and try again later.

He entered the Dungeon, and the whole world changed in an instant. He was driving a large carriage in the middle of the night when he heard the 'Ding!' Of the interface.

[Dungeon: The Vampires Strike!]

[Dungeon Details:

Level:1-10

Party cap: 5

Objective: Survive until dawn or kill every vampire.]

[Summary: After disregarding the locals' advice regarding vampires, you set out in the middle of the night as you're rushing towards your intended destination. However, you soon found out that you've been foolish to do so. There were vampires out there setto killing you and drink your blood!]

[Initiate Dungeon?]

"Start!"

He immediately jumped out of the carriage and pulled out his sword, activating the Sword Aura, which burns 40 mana every 3 seconds.

[Skill Activated! Area Detection] - Searches the area up to 100 meters around the user for any target the user wishes, including individuals, objects, or anything within this range.

Target: Vampires.

Since it was a single-use skill, it doesn't occupy a slot in the [Skill Reserve], and he activated a movement skill right when he identified his opponents hiding in the shadows.

[Skill Activated! Swift Movement] - Increases your movement speed by 40% in 20 seconds per activation for 100 Resources(Mana) each activation.

Duration: 5:59:58

As his speed increased dramatically, he quickly activated another skill.

[Skill Activated! Heavenly Flash (Sword)] It gives the user the ability to wield the Heavenly Flash technique. Granting the user 20% movement speed and knowledge regarding it.

Remarks: A venerable technique in the martial world. This is its sword variation. This technique heavily emphasizes speed over power, with the purpose of ending a fight even before it started using blindingly fast strikes.

Notes: This is a D-Rank version of the skill. Its effectiveness will be very limited.

Duration: 3:59:57

Suddenly, he felt a strange sensation as if something was invading his mind. He gritted his teeth as a large amount of knowledge was rapidly inserted into his mind, but he didn't let it slow him down. He immediately spotted the nearest vampire in his range and ran towards it.

As a vampire came into view, he saw a grotesque and skinny humanoid with glowing red eyes fixated on him. The creature was on all fours and leapt towards him with its mouth open. Using his superior speed, he rushed towards it and slashed it into two, killing it instantly.

As more and more vampires approached him, he acted quickly and began to slaughter them with ease, now thanks to his knowledge of martial arts. He wielded his sword with maximum proficiency and his strikes dealt extreme amounts of damage.

When a large group of vampires appeared behind him, he activated the StarSlasher's Active Effect, an area-of-effect attack that deals a massive amount of magical damage. With a swift swing of his sword, an energy slash, glimmering with various colors of the night sky, rushed towards the crowd and obliterated them in an instant.

"Wow, that was so powerful," he murmured to himself, but he could feel his mana depleting rapidly. He quickly deactivated the sword aura before activating [Swift Movement] once more.

This time, he didn't rely solely on the overpowered damage of the sword aura and instead used the power of the skills he had activated. He familiarized himself with his current abilities and began utilizing single-use skills that didn't require a slot to be used, even when the two other skills were still active.

[Skill Activated! Fireball]send a fireball towards a direction with damage and size that scales with the user's SPN.

"Since they're decreasing, I'll use this instead." He retrieved the bow from his back and sheathed the StarSlasher. He then deactivated [Heavenly Flash(Sword)] and activated another skill

[Skill Activated! Rapid Fire]Grants the user the skills of an accomplished hunter, enabling them to rapidly fire with pinpoint accuracy using any ranged weapon.

Duration: 2:00:00

"Okay, let's see how this one works," he said.

Though his mind still felt like it was being invaded, he had become more accustomed to it. He then drew the blue magical string of his bow and aimed at the remaining vampires, who were now fewer in number.

Adrian pulled the string of his weapon viciously, taking down vampires left and right. Despite losing many of their kind, they lacked intelligence and continued to relentlessly attack. Adrian continued his systematic approach of mowing them down one by one, repeating this pattern until the system finally announced that the dungeon had been cleared.

With a sense of accomplishment, Adrian received the notification that he had leveled up.

 

4