Chapter 7
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As he stepped out of the armory, he donned the mask and headed straight for the dungeon. Activating its invisibility effect, he arrived to find a bustling scene with many people already gathered. Reporters and paparazzi were there, beginner players were entering the dungeon after getting their permission, and many were forming parties of four with one another. The atmosphere was lively with various activities taking place.

Without delay, he walked through the dungeon portal and was transported into a white void.

[Multiple players detected.]

[Join a Room]/[Create a Room]

Adrian clicked the [Create a Room], set it in [Private], and hit [Start] immediately.

There is no limit to the number of people who can enter the dungeon as its space is infinitely stored in a pocket dimension. However, if a party wishes to clear it together, they must create a room and other members can join by browsing the available rooms. This feature is a convenience for players who cannot afford to waste valuable time waiting for others to come out in order to get stronger. Instead, they save time by putting people in "different servers" where they can do their own thing without interfering with each other.

Since Adrian is alone, he simply created a room and started. Ever since he began, he has been slaughtering vampires that were supposed to be a challenge for players of his level, as if they were mere bugs. With the concealment ability of the mask, the vampires cannot even sense his presence and are dying without any idea of the attacks being thrown at them.

Continuing on, Adrian soon reached level 10. Normally, players need to have their levels checked by the facility's A.I in order to update their License, but he doesn't need to. He can update it manually himself, just because he can. However, he does not abuse his authority, nor does he allow anyone else to do so. He simply has enough authority to bypass the system and the A.I.'s algorithm.

After leaving the facility undetected, it is now noon, he made his way to his car parked at the back. Now, he planned on entering other dungeons to continue leveling up. Normally, it would take more than a week of grinding in a dungeon like this to reach level 10, and leveling up further would require even more grind and hence more time. However, with his powerful equipment and his cheat-like ability to buy skills, leveling up was like a breeze for him.

Adrian was driving towards his destination when he suddenly came to a halt. Ahead of him, there was a blockade with robots acting as military personnel stationed on the road.

One of the robots spotted the cars approaching and walked towards them. In a lifelike voice, it explained that they had detected a red gate beneath the surface of the road that had been there for quite some time. As a result, monsters might break through at any moment and cause chaos on the road.

Adrian wondered aloud, "Why did the Phoenix Guild's Sentry robots only discover the gate now?"

As he spoke, a large, black, cube-shaped object flew above them and stopped. It dropped multiple steel rods, and suddenly beams of electricity connected all the rods, forming an entrapment.

The robots walked through the walls made out of energy unscathed and weapons formed out of nowhere from their bodies. Adrian couldn't help but snicker, "Hah, nanotech."

Suddenly, the ground began shaking violently and people started panicking. Monsters broke out of the ground and began attacking the robots, who were waiting with their weapons ready. Adrian and the other bystanders watched in horror as monsters of various shapes and sizes tore up the highway they were supposed to be driving on.

As the battle continued, it became apparent that the robots were winning with ease, despite facing a large number of powerful monsters. The bystanders cheered, confident that victory was easily within reach, as the robots were designed and made by the Phoenix Guild, who had once saved the Earth in a great war. Additionally, they were created by the player currently ranked number 3, Norsa, who was known as Allspark for his ability to bring machines to life.

The ground shook once again, but the people dismissed it as just the effects of the ongoing fight. Suddenly, a large humanoid monster, covered in thick plates, burrowed its way out of the ground, breaking free from the entrapment. Its eyes were crimson, its fangs razor-sharp, and it was drooling, indicating its hunger. The monster looked towards the bystanders and charged towards them.

"Shit, I have to save these people!" Adrian exclaimed.

[Skill activated! Shadow Clone Technique] A shadow clone replaces you in your current position. You become invisible for 3 seconds after casting.

He hastily exited the car through the window, and while invisible, he summoned his weapons and sprinted towards the monster.

[Skill activated! Swift Movement] Increases your movement speed by 40% in 20 seconds per activation for 100 Resources(Mana) each activation

Duration: 6:00:00

[StarSlasher(Prototype)]STR: +100 VIT: +120 DEX: +30 SPN: +50

Active Effects(s): Enables the user to wield a sword aura, making each attack inflict both magical and physical damage.

2.) Releases a powerful magical slash towards a direction that deals a large amount of magical damage.

He activated the sword's aura and charged at the monster, but his attack barely scratched the surface.

Shit, not enough strength?

The monster swatted him away effortlessly, but Adrian managed to regain his composure midair and rushed towards the monster once more. The monster was about to snatch one of the fleeing bystanders when Adrian noticed that the monster's hands were not covered in hard plates. With a graceful swing, he sliced off the monster's right hand.

The monster bellowed in agony and shifted its entire focus to Adrian, thirsting for revenge.

"Now you're angry, huh!?"

[Skill Activated! Giant's strength] Grants the user 50 STR upon usage.

Duration: 1:00:00

The two continued to clash, and Adrian's items were the only things allowing him to keep up with the monster's power. Without the extra hundreds of attributes from his items, he would need to be at least level 30 before being able to barely keep up with such a creature. Now that his skill activation slots had been upgraded to three, he activated [Heavenly Flash (Sword)].

With the necessary techniques at his disposal, he started overwhelming the monster, cutting bit by bit through its thick plates. He seized an opportunity and managed to slash the monster's wrist, causing its attacks to lose some force.

Even while more monsters are emerging from the ground, one of the robots rushed in from afar to help Adrian. Luckily, the robot's weapons were strong enough to crack the plates on the monster's back, exposing its vulnerable flesh. Adrian quickly took advantage of the opening and attacked the monster's back while the robot continued to target the plates scattered around its body. The monster roared in pain and frustration, attempting to fight back, but Adrian was too quick for it to catch and the robot was too far away for it to reach.

After minutes of continuous assault by the two, the monster was bleeding all over and losing strength. Adrian seized the opportunity and dashed in, stabbing it in the neck. He then pulled out his sword and activated StarSlasher's second active skill, severing the monster's head and causing blood to spurt out like rain.

1