Chapter 12
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luc was taken aback by the sheer size of the explosion. "Dylan couldn't have caused an explosion that big," he thought to himself, and immediately grabbed his bow, his heart racing with worry for his comrades. Although they had only come together for this particular mission, Luc had grown quite fond of the two of them. "Shit! Shit! Shit!" he muttered as he hastily made his way towards the scene of the explosion.

When he finally arrived, his worst fears were confirmed. The bodies of his comrades lay before him, charred beyond recognition. And there, standing amidst the devastation, was Adrian.

"You...you motherfucker!!!" Luc shouted at the top of his lungs, his anger boiling over. He launched arrows laced with poison at Adrian, but to his surprise, none of them found their mark as Adrian effortlessly dodged them without so much as moving from his spot.

Luc then called upon his mana to create arrows with a trajectory he could manipulate, but Adrian proved to be equally skilled at blocking and evading them with his sword aura. Frustrated, Luc closed the distance between them and swung his bow at Adrian, but when he caught a glimpse of Adrian's eyes, he felt as small as an ant. Fueled by his rage, he threw aside his bow and drew the short sword that had been holstered at his waist all along, but which he had not had the opportunity to use until now.

Luc swung his short sword with all his might, but to his frustration, Adrian simply sidestepped each strike with ease, not even bothering to block. "You bastard! Am I not even worthy of a proper fight with you?!" Luc shouted in desperation, his rage mounting with every futile attempt to land a hit.

At one point, Adrian deflected one of his attacks and kicked him away, cackling like a maniac. "Holy shit! Hahaha... I struggled against you and your pathetic companions, but you're laughably weak on your own! I could have taken all of you with ease if not for that fucking poison! Come on, show me what you ants are made of! Show me how you pitiful creatures fight against gods like me!"

"What the fuck are you talking about? God? You're out of your mind!" Luc's anger reached a boiling point at Adrian's remark.

"How does it feel, huh? To be on the receiving end?" Adrian's voice cracked with excitement.

With a trembling hand, Luc reached for something inside his back pocket. "You think you're a god...? Then let's see how you fare against the power of one."

He took out a purple crystal and crushed it with his bare hands, causing his hand to be covered in blood.

As he released the broken shards, a shadowy figure emerged in front of him. "Looks like you're in trouble," said a werewolf with a body made of shadows. Just the presence of the creature was enough to put immense pressure on Adrian.

"Shut up, shadow. Kill this guy," Luc commanded with anger in his voice.

"You're lucky I can't kill you, human. Will the job be done if he's dead?" the shadow replied.

"Yes," Luc confirmed.

"Can I play with him a little?" the shadow asked, licking his lips.

"Make his death as agonizing as possible," Luc said through gritted teeth.

"Heh! Just the way I like it," the shadow replied eagerly.

"Aren't you supposed to be a god?! Show me what you've got! Go!" Luc yelled, his voice echoing across the dark labyrinth.

The shadow leapt towards Adrian, striking down with its massive claws. Adrian attempted to dodge, but the attack grazed his armor, leaving a hole in his otherwise impregnable armor set.

"You're pretty good. But we've got giants to deal with. Should we take care of them first?" The werewolf grinned.

"Tsk! I don't care about those," Adrian replied dismissively.

"So that's a yes," the werewolf concluded before dashing towards Adrian and striking him. Adrian managed to block the attack, but it still had enough force to send him flying towards the giant monsters.

Left with no other option, Adrian began fighting the monsters while the werewolf followed closely behind. The werewolf attacked Adrian occasionally but primarily focused on clearing out the monsters.

"Woooo!!! This is the best!" The werewolf exclaimed with excitement as it cut down the monsters, regardless of whether they were giant or not. It effortlessly cleared them out while taking any opportunity to attack Adrian.

As they finished killing all the monsters the system notified: [9th wave completed!] [The next wave will arrive in 00:03:00]

"Now that that's over, let's get down to business," the werewolf said, flicking the blood off his claws nonchalantly until they were clean.

"Damn it... Fine, let's do it-" Adrian abruptly stopped and coughed up blood. "The poison... Shit."

The werewolf sneered at the sight. "You're dying from poison? Pathetic." He then charged forward and delivered heavy blows, but Adrian did his best to keep up despite the excruciating pain. He deactivated [Pain Nullify] and activated [Giant's Strength] this time, causing his body to be immediately overwhelmed by the poison, which had spread throughout most of his body by now.

Unable to bear the pain, Adrian's grip weakened, and he lost his sword as the werewolf struck his stomach, flinging him away once again. Crashing onto the ground and hearing his bones break from the impact, he groaned, feeling that his body was reaching its limit. He was certain that he would die at this rate. No, I won't die to something like this! I have to surpass them! I have to show them that I can be like them too! That I can be a god too! Suddenly, the system popped up in front of him.

[Special Offer! Today we'd like to offer a skill for you! [Eyes of the Seven Deadly Sins: Envy]! It's a one-time offer!] [Accept/Decline]

"Shit… Is this similar to his? The Unkillable Demon King?" he mumbled, "I'm dying anyway, I'll accept. Lend me the power to obliterate my enemies!"

[Accepted!]

Suddenly, the scenery changed, and he found himself inside a minimalist room with white walls, a small table, and a chair in front of him. Despite the absence of a lightbulb, the room was brightly lit. "What the hell...?" he muttered, glancing beside him to see a child with chin-length white hair staring down at him.

The child's eyes were unusual, with black sclera and no irises or pupils, except for a small white dot in the center, making him look a bit eerie, especially since he had an expressionless face. Finally, the child spoke. "What a pitiful thing you are..." even his voice was devoid of emotions. "Are you in pain?" Adrian nodded in response.

"Allow me to help you," said the child as he descended from the bed and placed his hand on Adrian's forehead. "There, you've been healed." Adrian felt his pain receding, and he was able to regain control of his body. His bones had even been mended, allowing him to stand up, albeit gradually. He spoke softly, "Who are you? Why am I here?"

The youngster forced a smile and replied, "My name is Levi, one of the Seven Deadly Sins."

0