Chapter 17
16 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ah, so you're our new member," the voluptuous woman remarked, rising from her seat and exuding a secretary-like aura as she adjusted her glasses. "Newbie, let me have a look at your Status Window."

"I don't think anyone else can—" Adrian's words were cut off as the woman swiftly approached him, her index finger landing on his forehead.

However, her expression quickly transformed into one of shock. "What?! Why can't I access your Status Window?" Yuna hastily glanced at the others standing behind her. Out of thin air, a mechanical armor materialized on Rozajeld's arm, a blue energy blade emerging from it as he pointed it toward Adrian. His movements were so rapid that Adrian had no time to react before the man was standing right in front of him. With the blade mere inches from his throat, Adrian's instinct to defend or retaliate hadn't even kicked in, while this man had already aimed his weapon at him.

"What kind of Sin do you possess?" the man asked calmly.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about."

"You have the Eyes of a Deadly Sin, don't you, Adrian?" Norsa inquired. The room grew tense as they awaited Adrian's response.

"Alright... There's no point in hiding or lying... We're guildmates, after all. It's the Sin of Envy," he answered hesitantly.

"See!? Norsa, I told you his eyes were one of them! You owe me money! Hahahaha!" Mirai laughed wholeheartedly.

"Fine, fine. You'll get your money later." He answered with irritated expression.

Mirai's brother, Soei, chimed in alongside them. "You guys seriously bet on this? That's so childish."

"Nope! Not at all, Aniki."

Despite the tense atmosphere in the room, the three continued to converse. Yuna spoke once more, silencing the chatter.

"You're currently the fifth person known to be alive and recorded with this inherited power or having received it physically. It's a big deal. And we have at least one more person in this room who belongs to that list."

Rozajeld retracted his arm, causing the armor to disintegrate into nothingness. "Did you encounter Leviathan?"

At that question, Adrian's heart skipped a beat. "Why?"

"Did you meet him?"

"I... I did."

"Tsk, so His Divinity was correct..." Rozajeld returned to his seat and continued speaking, massaging his forehead due to the headache he was currently experiencing. "According to His Divinity, Leviathan has gone missing from his prison. Our god is one of the oldest and most powerful beings in this universe, and one of his former comrades, Leviathan, is imprisoned for a reason. But now, he's nowhere to be found... What did you do?"

"I did nothing, I swear! He gave me his eyes and asked me to free him, which I agreed to, but I'm not foolish enough to actually carry out his request. I was just playing along to get his eyes. I did nothing, I swear!"

"Our god and his former comrades have been attempting to locate him, but they have been unsuccessful. They claim that Leviathan is currently not in this universe or plane of existence. That prisoner possesses countless abilities! His escape poses a tremendous danger to the entire universe!"

"So, what do you suggest we do?" an arrogant voice interjected. It belonged to Ethan Clark, a muscular man who spoke with a stern, deep voice. "If your god is as powerful as you say, why can't he resolve this?"

"Are you disrespecting our God?" Rozajeld's tone dripped with murderous intent.

"Stand down, Ethan! You wouldn't want to anger a member of the Mechanicus' Royal Family." He then turned his head to Rozajeld with a serious face, "I apologize for his arrogance, Your Highness."

"You are forgiven, but the problem still remains. You," Rozajeld pointed at Adrian, "Out of Leviathan's countless abilities, there is a high likelihood that one of them is the power to possess someone. He may have already possessed you and is hiding within your body. We must be careful."

Norsa stood up from his seat and approached Adrian. "If there is another presence within you, I should be able to detect it." He placed his hand on Adrian's head and infused him with magic. Adrian's heart raced, and he swiftly commanded the shadows within him to conceal themselves from Norsa's abilities, but his efforts proved futile. After a few moments, Norsa's gaze sharpened. "Why do you have shadows within you?"

"I... I copied it..."

"Using your eyes? You copied Seong Jun-woo's most powerful ability?"

Adrian nervously replied, "Yes... These eyes have the ability to replicate any movements and skills. Although, when it comes to skills, they are suppressed and their level is reduced if my own level is insufficient."

"Indeed, a Transcendent-rank skill... So, have you copied any of our movements or skills thus far? What about what I just did?"

Adrian's voice quivered slightly. "No, I would never dare to copy the abilities of my guildmates."

"Good... Rozajeld, I have not sensed any trace of this Leviathan apart from the souls within the shadows he had gathered. However, I cannot completely dismiss the possibility that he is merely concealing himself and evading my abilities."

Norsa stood up from his seat and approached Adrian. "If there is another presence within you, I should be able to detect it." He placed his hand on Adrian's head and infused him with magic. Adrian's heart raced, and he swiftly commanded the shadows within him to conceal themselves from Norsa's abilities, but his efforts proved futile. After a few moments, Norsa's gaze sharpened. "Why do you harbor shadows within you?"

"I... I copied them..."

"Using your eyes? You copied Seong Jun-woo's most powerful ability?"

Adrian nervously replied, "Yes... These eyes have the ability to replicate any movements and skills. Although, when it comes to skills, they are suppressed and their level is reduced if my own level is not high enough."

"As expected of a Transcendent-rank skill... So, have you copied any of our movements or skills thus far? What about what I just did?"

Adrian's voice quivered slightly. "No, I would never dare to copy the abilities of my guildmates."

"Good... Rozajeld, I have not sensed any trace of this Leviathan apart from the shadows he had gathered. However, I cannot completely dismiss the possibility that he is just hiding himself and evading my abilities."

"You're absolutely right. Leviathan could attempt to take control at any moment. Despite his weakened state without his eyes, he remains powerful enough to eliminate most of us, even if we join forces. It's inevitable that he will seek to retrieve his eyes. For now, I entrust you, Norsa, with the responsibility of safeguarding this new member. Suppress him if Leviathan tries to seize control or possess him. I will return to my planet to personally deliver this information."

"Is it truly necessary, Emissary? Can't you simply... you know, send them a message? I find that technology or whatever it is quite useful," a voice, seemingly aged but emanating from a youthful-looking man, chimed in.

"Master Zain, it's a matter of showing respect to our God, Mammon. Please refrain from making such disrespectful remarks."

"Hah, I had no intention of being disrespectful. Please accept my apologies." Zain then offered a slight bow.

"No worries. I shall take my leave now. Should the Guildmaster decide to hold any gatherings later, kindly inform me, and I will attend once my tasks are completed."

"Very well." Zain raised his thumb with a satisfied smile.

Yuna spoke once again. "Adrian, since I couldn't access your status window, you will need to inform me of your skills and attributes."

"Yes, ma'am."

Adrian then opened his status window.

[Name: Adrian Zeilstra]

[Race: Human (Surface Human)]

[Main Job: Jack of All Trades]

[Level: 15 (9% EXP)]

[Attributes:

Health: 73, 665

Stamina: 7,665

Resources(Mana): 8,208

Strength(STR): 511

Dexterity:(DEX): 544

Vitality(VIT): 1,637

Intelligence(INT): 849

Supernatural(SPN): 684

Charisma(CHA): 300

Luck(LCK): 200]

[Skills: Eyes of The Seven Deadly Sins: Envy, Shadow Resurrection(List of Shadows: Rasen, Deepak, Luc, Dylan, 7 unnamed Giants.]

[Skill Reserve: Swift Movement: 4

Giant's Strength: 2

Heavenly Flash(Sword): 1

Fireball: 3

Area Detection: 4… Expand/Collapse]

[Talents: Keen Intellect, Business Aptitude, Negotiator]

[Remarks: You're slowly becoming what you've always dreamt of.]

1