The Voice of A Dragon/The Lord Of The Rings- Princey Leggles what the actual fuc-
22 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I don't expect anyone to know this (unless you are Hello_There or Shamiko and you stalk me) but my pen name (PrinceyLeggles) actually comes from when I was writing with a friend, and for some reason, I was talking about Merry, Pippin, and Legolas. And I called Legolas Princey Leggles. Cause he is a prince and other shit. but ha, yeah, that's the backstory. 

Legolas loved creatures, just not dragons. It was dragons that had taken his mother’s life- and scarred his father’s face. But strangely- it was also a dragon that was the first to make him truly care for life. 

 

It was days like these- lying in the dark, hair spread out underneath him as he let his mind race. The only other person awake would be Aragorn- or one of the hobbits usually, and they would leave him be. Let his heart wander through the fields of memory. 

The memory of elves is vast, they can remember everything about their lives which last many thousands of years. But, on this specific night, sitting on a tree stump and watching the slim shadow of Gollum slip through the trees, he remembered the strange dragon. 

Unlike the great serpents of the north, like Smaug, the dragon who had infiltrated Erebor, this dragon wasn’t a brilliant shade of red, or gold. Rather a collection of dark ebony and navy scales. Only a smattering of silver stuck out from the rest. It was small, too. Only about half the size of any other dragon Legolas had seen, if that. 

He was stupid, he supposed, walking up to a dragon like that. It didn’t matter how small it was. It could still kill him. But his idiotic elfling mind only shot back: Glorfindel killed four balrogs. I can’t even approach one small dragon. But Legolas was no elven lord, he was still (as Gimli had put it) A pointy-eared princeling. 

GOLLUM.” Legolas started ears perking up instantly, he knew Gollum was near. He just couldn’t let him get closer. He let out a sigh of relief as the frantic footsteps faded again. He let his mind blank again. 

Yet the dragon hadn’t minded him at all. It seemed a little nervous at first- but soon faded into pure curiosity as Legolas didn’t do anything particularly harmful. He remembered offering it a few of the delicious red berries he had found earlier. The dragon accepted. He remembered some form of communication- almost like speaking.

The dragon- Katya its name was- led him through the first to the place where it had been resting. Legolas then helped Katya improve the makeshift shelter she had made. They spent the day together, the first friend Legolas really had. Dragons weren’t that bad. 

1