Chapter-4 Well, that worked out I guess?
109 10 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*SMACK*

MP 90/120

Trying to push his maw off me, I'm flung backward and scuffle along the ground.  Rolling backward, I spring up to my feet and check my wound.  I realize there is nothing but some bruising and a tear in my shirt.

Whipping my head up, I look towards Toothless standing in front of me, staring a Change-wing down. 

'...Huh?'

Bewildered for a second, I can only think of him saving me because I didn't kill him.  It turns out my choice was the right one.  I just didn't know there was a Change-wing behind me.

-Flashback-

"- [World difficulty upped three times..."

-Flashback end-

 

"That asshole did up it.  I didn't notice it until now because he was scrunched up in the net, but Toothless is definitely bigger than in the movie.  That Change-wing confirms it.  It's easily 50% bigger than in the movies and stuff."

Then I feel an incongruity looking at Toothless, something is off about his body...

'His right wing is broken.  His bone is even sticking out of the skin.'

All this was processed in but a split second.  Using two brains, pretty much, and seeing the world around you in almost slow motion, made it quite effortless.

The Change-wing rushed toothless, biting into his left shoulder.  Rotating his body Toothless kicks off the ground launching himself over the Change-wing's neck, flipping the beast onto its back. 

Clawing at the Nightfury's belly with its back legs, it leaves a gash running along the right side of his body.

Toothless, unable to use his wing, is at a big disadvantage, and the Change-wing capitalizes on it immediately.  Using its wings, the Change-wing pushes Toothless toward his broken wings side, preventing him from using it for balance effectively.  He hurls the Nightfury onto its back.

*Ding*

-Spontaneous quest generated-

[Your new best friend is in danger.  Quickly take action and save him.]

-Rewards upon completion-

1. {Healing hands Lv-1}

2. {Draconic Anatomy Lv-1}

3. {Instinct Lv-1[ability]}

Failure condition: Death, Toothless's death, User and Toothless's death.

Please read my note at the bottom before you stop reading my story.  It's not what it looks like, so please read that quickly.

*

 

Baboom...

Baboom...

Inhale...Exhale...

*CRUNCH*

With a shove of my foot stomping on the ground, I rush towards the Change-wing.

'I don't know if I'll survive, but I feel so alive.  It's amazing...  I can feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins, my fight or flight wanting to overpower my senses... I love it.'

The Change-wing chomps down on the beast's neck, and a screeching roar echoes out.  The Change-wings right wing is blown off with a loud bang and a purple light flashing.

*SCREEAAA*

The now furious dragons start to wildly tear into each other.

With a final great pump of my legs, I jump unto the Change-wings back, scampering up its rough hide toward its head.  I leap from its shoulders to the back of its neck, firmly gripping it.

The dragon is trying to throw me off by shaking its neck wildly while biting Toothless.  I quickly reach the base of its skull and ram my knife into its right eye.

It plunged into the soft spongy oculus dexter, causing the beast to let go of its hold on Toothless's neck.  Rearing its head harshly and quickly as it did, I was thrown backward into a tree.

*CRACK*

"MNGH!!"

'Oh fuck, I broke a rib...definitely broke a rib.'

Ding*

Skill [Pain resistance Lv-1] Acquired.

'That will be greatly appreciated.  Though doesn't feel like it's doing much at the moment, haha.'

Pushing myself up off of the ground, I see Toothless ripping a chunk out of the Change-wing's lower neck.  Quickly refocusing, I sprint toward the vicious beasts once again. 

My knife is still lodged in the dragon's eye, and I need to get it out quickly.  The pain in my ribs tells me that I should stop moving, and the pain I feel in my lungs tells me that I have a bone gouging at it.

Launching myself from the ground, I rush at the back of the beast's neck, slamming into it as hard as I possibly can.

Jerking the beast sideways because of the impact, the Nightfury settles on its haunches before pouncing onto the Change-wing's neck,  viciously ripping it out.

My foolhardy move was rewarded both in a good and bad way.  The Change-wing is now on its death bed but so are Toothless and I.  I felt my rib puncture my lung as soon as I had made contact with the dragon's neck.

'It's getting harder to breathe, and each breath is so painful I want to curl up into a ball and cry.  I need to move, just touch Toothless and heal him...you just...need to touch him...'

Dragging my aching body up into a sitting position, I start to focus on my mark.  Pushing my sensing out toward Toothless, I feel a little tug. 

*Ding*

'Ah, I'll let you read that...I need to focus on saving Toothless.'

-Rewards being distributed-

{Healing hands Lv-1: Touch the target you wish to heal, and so shall it be.  Due to a Title you hold, your efficiency has greatly gone up.  1MP for 5HP}

{Draconic Anatomy Lv-1: Any living entity classified as draconic will be given information about its anatomy.  Higher levels provide much more information.}

{Instinct Lv-1: You are now imbued with the instincts of a wild apex predator.  This is much like a sixth sense.  However, it is far more powerful.}

*DING*

[Killed a wild Change-wing.  Your contribution is 62.13%.  5763 Experience gained]

[You have leveled up x9]

Lvl: 9 {653/5120}

HP: 32/250 {Bleeding, Slight apoxia, Internal bleeding. -3hp/sec }

MP: 90/312

CP 112/250

VIT: 25

STR: 22

AGI: 31

DEX: 35

PER: 32

INT: 25

WIS: 26

SP: 9

Mp 85/312

I teleported to Toothless and put all my Skill points into healing hands.  I lay my hands on his side, not knowing how to work it when it automatically starts to begin.  Now the process of learning how to do it will start.

My mana and chakra gather around my hands, starting to shape into little funnels, almost like a whirlpool, and gently pour into Toothless's body.

I start to feel faint, the loss of blood, and now my mana and chakra on top of it are straining my body far more than it can handle. 

'Concentrate...Meditate and try to regen more chakra and mana faster.  Pull it from your surroundings, let it flow through you like a runoff, fueling your skill.'

Trying to sense the mana permeating through the air, focusing solely on saving Toothless, I begin to feel it—a gentle blanket wrapped around me, caressing my skin, and blowing gently through the air.

Skill acquired.

{Mana sensing Lv-1: You now can sense mana outside of your body. All things have mana in them. This skill has a highly compatible skill that can be used in tandem to greatly improve efficiency.}

Skill acquired.

{Assimilation Lv-1: Use the mana around as your fuel.  Instead of making it your mana, you command it as if it already is. Gain a 10% increase to the amount off mana you can use from your surroundings.}

Skill acquired.

{Meditation Lv-1: While you are meditating, your mana and chakra regen are increased by 200%. Due to a title you have, the efficiency is greatly improved. Increases to 400%.}

 

'Perfect. Now I just need to hold out long enough...'

HP 12/250

...

9

...

6

...

4

...

Watching my Hp slowly draining away, the only thing I can do is keep pumping mana and chakra into Toothless. With the last vestiges of my consciousness finally slipping away. I start to heal myself...although...

HP 1/250

It seems I was a little too late now, doesn't it?

'Well, I guess that's okay. It was fun while it lasted, even if it was only a couple of hours...it was the best...couple of hours...I've ever had...'

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

So... I think I know what I'm going to do. Sometime this summer, I'm going to leave. I'm going to go on a trip for 2 years, and I think it's something I really need for myself. The story will continue on so I might get a good amount of chapters out before I leave. Now regarding what I said earlier in the chapter. The Failure condition means if you die, you will fail the quest, if Toothless dies you will fail the quest. If both of you die, you will fail the quest, it's not a punishment. This system does not give punishments, ever. Thanks for reading this chapter. It means a lot to me, so really, thank you.

*

 

2