PROLOGUE —
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

HI THERE , WELCOME AND THANK YOU FOR TRYING MY CREATION. LET THE ADVENTURE COMMENCE.

 

In the dark, cold and damp interior of a cave somewhere in the bountiful forest located at the far south of the continent was a man taking in his probably final breaths. He grunted refusing to give in despite being one of the few people currently aware of how bad a condition his body and life were. Every breath was a struggle every movement sent pain signals to his brain so fast he could barely tell a difference between the individual injuries.

Despite the agony, he grit his teeth and in a show of pure mental focus, determination, will and utter ... I mean utter stupidity he managed to drag his near lifeless body to one of the cave walls with no sight to speak of in the dense and almost kind of creepy darkness. It was a few minutes of gruelling crawling and manly grunts before he managed to get his battered body to lean on the walls. Then a few more to actually get his mind into a state when he could acknowledge that something was not right with the darkness and general quietness of the situation. Well that's not counting his pained whimpering and defiant grunts. Obviously couldn't ignore those. Yet he still chose not to address it.

With his relatively less injured but almost destroyed left hand he reached for the pouch by his hip and plunged it right in. the storage pouch was relatively decent, with enough space to fit enough rations for about three days and camping gear, it was a wet dream for any new adventurer that didn't have friends and family with deep pockets to help buy a worthwhile and easier to handle storage ring. The man couldn't help but ask no one in particular "where the hell is my damn storage band when I need it?"

but alas nothing but eerie silence and his own panting replied. His frustrations only grew as he could not find the precious health potion that he thought he had managed to snag. As his search came to screeching halt he decided that he finally had to address the elephant in the room. You see our injured man and soon to be corpse had not only noticed the weird darkness and silence but also knew its origin ... actually he didn't know its origin but he understood its cause, so with a clearly weary sigh in between the grunts and painful breaths he called out clearly knowing what will happen next he called out in the loudest voice he could manage " hey ZU!! I know you can hear me so just stop the theatrics and come out already!" 

right next to his ear in the most seductive and also creepiest voice manageable quite literally grabbed his attention, this was in conjunction with a perfectly timed grab of his neck. It whispered "how may I be of assistance my dearest? Our appointed meeting time isn't for another few minutes."

despite the pain of his failing body, he knew that several damp spots had just formed on his back and an electric zap rushed through him getting his hair on his body standing like the hackles of a scared cat. This combined with some serious sexual arousal that was plain weird in this situation to bring about a crazy cocktail emotion for our dying man.

He sat there stunned for but a few moments that he took to admire the beautiful woman with her strangely cute and disarming smile. He was just about to smile back because who wouldn't enjoy a woman as beautiful as her put their arms around him in such a way that was clearly meant to put all the focus on her. I say just about. Not sure if it was chance, luck or his will to keep struggling that the breath he had stuck in his throat made its presence known by deciding it wanted back out in the form of a cough. During the cough, a previously almost forgotten pain shot through his whole body and he was reminded of his situation.

it was also then that he finally saw his body's condition and almost felt like dying would be easier. His body looked like it had been through a week of being trampled by bulls on their way to  mate, his left leg was bent in the wrong direction and a portion near the knee looked like mince meat one has to wonder how it was still attached , right leg had so many slashes and claw marks that the once high quality deep green leather amour just looked like a few threads running from above his knee to the ends by his ruined boots, his torso was just a mess of blood and ruined leather with some of his bones visible and his arms looked like the were used to sharpen blades of all kinds coz of the cuts and stabs that he could see.

 

"wait a darn second, I can see? what happened to the .......?" his head that he realised was free  from her hands twisted ever do slowly in her direction while he whispered to himself. It was at moments like this that he knew her beauty was clearly used as a distraction as he held himself back from yelling profanities at her and managed in a controlled but very croaky voice in a feint of composure" Zu,  why in the blazing shits are you trying to pull when am on my last legs?"

 

"Well I just wanted to give you something we can both tell to our future babies in the future , you know like those 'how we first met' stories people tell."

"But we met like 3 years ago!!"

"you actually remember?" Zu asked in a squeel of pure joy and thats when he really wish he died sooner.

0