Chapter 3: Interesting Visitor
1.8k 1 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Adrien walked down the corridors leading to the staircases in the Flamel Manor, he kept thinking about his new parents as well as his 5 years in the wizarding world.

Having extremely old parents was certainly vastly different from having younger ones, and this was something Adrien was not used to. Though, he liked it very much because it gave him a lot of free time, and made staying at home very peaceful and harmonious because most of the time, the manor was deathly quiet.

Perenelle, his mother, was extremely kind, wise, sweet and soothing to talk to. She reminded Adrien of his previous grandmother to an extent, and Adrien had grown somewhat attached to the lady. She often told him stories of her youth, as well as the things she experienced along her long life.

Surprisingly, she didn't hide anything about her age or experiences to Adrien, explicitly stating that she was 655 this year. Adrien decided to pretend to act like a kid when she told him, so he exclaimed and said "Wow! Maman, why are you so old?" to which Perenelle replied that it was because of a magical potion, to make it easy for Adrien to understand.

Of course, Adrien, without a doubt, knew it was the elixir of life, however, he couldn't say that.

Adrien spent a lot of time with Perenelle. He usually helped to take care of her and they often read books together at night time. Unfortunately, giving birth to Adrien took a lot from Perenelle. She lost a lot of her vitality and looked rather sickly. She was completely bed-ridden, so all the time Adrien had spent with her was confined to her room.

Adrien could already notice that her health was deteriorating at an alarming rate. Whatever his father, Nicolas, was doing to sustain her life, was starting to fail and if nothing new was done, Adrien mused that Perenelle would soon pass away, which was something he dreaded but was prepared for.

Perenelle herself was unperturbed at the fact that her health was failing. Adrien mused that the only reason she tried to remain alive was to spend some time with her son, which somewhat warmed his heart.

Nicolas, on the other hand, was a wise, kind and stern father. He often taught Adrien philosophical lessons once he discovered the boy's intellect. He was a great father in Adrien's opinion and raised Adrien through lessons rather than through disciplinary action.

He often took Adrien out to visit the streets of Paris. Nicolas talked about his childhood whenever they went out. Nicolas said that back when he was Adrien's age, he could not roam the beautiful streets of Paris openly due to the danger it posed. Back then, witch-hunts were the norm, and anyone suspected of being capable of practicing witchcraft was apprehended and killed brutally. Thus, most wizardkind went into hiding, the Flamel family included.

Nicolas also took Adrien to see operas often. It was one of Nicolas's favorite hobbies so he wanted to show it to his son, hoping for the young boy to gain interest in it and appreciate the art. Fortunately, Adrien did. He honestly loved the operas he and Nicolas watched. It was surprisingly calming for the mind, and made him feel refreshed.

His favorite opera so far was the Saint François d'Assise, an opera in three acts and eight scenes created by the French Composer, Oliver Messiaen in the late 70's. It was one of Nicolas's favorites as well.

Also, Nicolas had started teaching him magic, after his repeated pleadings. Adrien could simply not wait to practice magic. For him, who came from a world where such a thing was a pipe dream, it was simply impossible for him not to be overly curious about it and seek to learn more about the mystical phenomenon.

Plus, this was the legendary Nicolas Flamel he was asking to teach him. Adrien was dying to see the man's view on magic. He simply could not pass up this opportunity he was presented with and mused that the things he would learn could not be taught anywhere else.

Nicolas saw magic as a tool. A tool for wizards that is only limited by the wizards imagination and stressed to Adrien that he could do anything with magic, he just needed to get creative.

Currently, Adrien was proficient in casting basic spells, like the levitation charm, non-verbally. Adrien decided to learn magic slowly and thoroughly, in order to deepen his understanding of it and improve his magical energy control and sensitivity, something he deemed as important for the ideas he had in mind.

Thus, Adrien currently was roughly as proficient at magic as a first year student at Hogwarts. He was yet to learn more advanced magical arts, like Occlumency and Legilimency. He was also yet to read on other subjects besides Arithmancy and Ancient Runes, he hadn't had the time to read them yet.

Soon, Adrien reached the staircase, where he overheard two voices talking from the ground floor of the Flamel Manor.

"Old friend, it's certainly a pleasure to see you again. It's been quite some time since we last met. How's Perenelle?" an old, calm voice sounded, in a somewhat warm tone.

"Likewise, Albus. Thank you for paying this old man a visit." another old voice, which Adrien instantly recognized as his Papa's voice, sounded.

'Albus?!...Could it be?' Adrien exclaimed in his mind, seemingly enlightened.

"As for Perenelle…I'm afraid she doesn't have much time left. It's one of the reasons I called for this visit actually." Nicolas continued, a moment later.

"I see..That is sad news…"  Albus responded sympathetically.

"What about your son, Adrien? You mentioned that he was unusual." Albus then asked, a moment later, intending to change the topic.

"Ah, yes. You see, I knew the boy would be different once Perenelle conceived him the day we took a dose of the Elixir of Life, but I didn't think he would be this different.." Nicolas replied, in a surprised tone.

"How so?"

"The boy is a prodigy Albus…I've never seen a wizard with as much talent for magic. He even awoke his magic just a month after he was born. The boy is also blessed with immense intellect. He speaks as if he is a teenager at times, and asks questions no kid should be able to ask.."

Nicolas responded, somewhat proudly.

"Ah, that's certainly very…different." Albus chuckled and replied.

Nicolas chuckled as well, before adding " Not only that, but it seems like the elixir of life caused him to develop some unusual abilities. He can see magical energy, can talk to animals, and possesses astounding vitality."

By the time Nicolas finished his statement, Adrien had already reached the bottom of the staircase, and once he did, his eyes widened slightly upon sighting Albus.

Albus had twinkling ocean blue eyes behind his half-moon spectacles, a long crooked nose, long silver hair that reached his waist, and wrinkles on his forehead. He was wearing a light blue robe and had his hands behind his back as he stood beside the front door of the Flamel Manor, alongside Nicolas.

'Indeed…It's him…Albus Dumbledore…'

Should Fleur be the same age as the MC?
  • Yes! Make them agemates, we want that! Votes: 16 57.1%
  • No! Adrien dating someone older than him is kinda hot! Votes: 12 42.9%
Total voters: 28 · This poll was closed on Sep 29, 2022 05:15 AM.
62