Chapter 2: Escape(Edited)
210 6 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been approximately one month since I was locked up in the cage, but the time I spent locked up was not in vain - I devoted myself to practicing my control with the unlocking magic every day, and finally feel like I could break the collar. Now I just need to wait for the right moment to do it.

"Everyone, stand up."

As usual, the man who feeds us gives us an order to stand, but this time another person is with him.

"Come this way, Count Capell."

An obese man enters the room, dressed in fine clothes that can only be described as in very bad taste.

"Is there any merchandise in this room that catches your eye?"

The obese man walks around the room, looking at the cages, until he stops at my cage. He looks at me as if he is licking my body, which gives me a chill.

"How much for her?"

The obese man points to me with an unpleasant smile.

"I see you have a good eye, sir. She belonged to the nobility of the inferior race, and adding her beauty to the price, it would cost you 50 gold coins."

The slave trader does his best business smile while rubbing his hands.

"I'll take her."

"Understood, come this way to finalize the contract."

The two men leave and two women enter the room.

"Get up, beast. It's time for us to bathe you so that you are presentable for the nobleman."

The women pull me into a room where they pour cold water on me with what seems to be soap.

"Tch... even with all that, you still smell like an animal, although it's typical of those of your kind."

Shortly after, the nobleman returned and the trader approached with two guards.

"Grab her."

Following his order, two guards grabbed me by the arms, preventing me from moving.

"Count Capell, put your mana on the collar to complete the transaction."

The fat count put his greasy hand on my collar and injected his mana. I could feel a disgusting sensation that felt like chains were tightening around me.

"Okay, with this, the contract is complete."

"You heard him. Put her in my carriage."

As I recovered from that horrible sensation, I was lifted into the carriage and we went away.

+++
In the carriage, the nobleman takes out a crystal from his pocket.

"Hehehe, with this you will obey me with or without a collar."

"Come closer."

With his command, the collar forces me to move closer to the nobleman, so I follow his orders to get closer to him. The nobleman, upon seeing that I obeyed, gives a repulsive smile.

"Lift your skirt."

The collar tries to force me to follow his orders again, but this time I pour my own power into it, causing the collar to crack.

<Abnormal state cured>

"Didn't you hear me, stand up and…"

Without letting him finish his sentence, I quickly approach him and hit him, sending him flying out of the carriage.

(What a strange sensation.)

Although the body I am in is supposed to be that of a high-class lady with no training, I can still move my body as I did in my previous life.

"Attention, that beast has gone mad, kill her!"

The soldiers who were escorting the carriage now have it surrounded, brandishing their spears.

"Someone, heal the Count. The others, eliminate that creature."

The man who seemed to be their commander gave precise orders to his soldiers so that they could not escape from the carriage.

"Tch, it won't be that easy."

My body still feels a little heavy due to the state it is in, but it is still easy for me to move.

"If I'm a wolf, I should have claws."

The strength that I had channeled into the collar I instinctively put into my nails, making them sharper and more pointed.

One of the soldiers tried to open the door to enter the carriage, and taking advantage of this opening, I ran directly at the unsuspecting soldier and before he had time to react, I cut his throat with my nails. Then I pushed him backwards, causing him to collide with the soldier behind him.

"She's dangerous, surround her!"

Everyone points their spears and swords at me as they approach.

I grabbed the sword of the soldier I had killed, and then heard a message.

<Conditions for unlocking Fencing have been met>
<You have learned Fencing level 6>

In my previous life, one of the few things I enjoyed was when I was taught kendo at a sword handling school, so I smiled upon hearing that message."
+++

POV of the leader of the guards~

"I can't believe what I'm seeing."

In front of me, that beast just decapitated one of my soldiers in an instant. Blood splatters on the face of the beautiful girl, but she shows no hint of remorse.

"She was supposed to be a protected person. How can she kill someone with such a serene expression?"

"Die!"

My soldiers try to attack, but they are cold-bloodedly killed one by one. The girl never changes her expression, as if she were some kind of killing machine. After a short time, the last of my men has fallen, and I am the only one left.

"You're a monster!"

She finally changes her expression upon hearing those words, giving me a smile.

"Thank you, I hear that quite often."

I grip my sword and calm my emotions.

"Calm down, even if semi-humans are strong, she's just a girl. She shouldn't have as much experience as me."

[Enhancement]

I activate my body strengthening and then attack her with my sword. Although she must be physically much weaker than me, she narrowly dodges my attacks while trying to counterattack.

"Shit, it feels like when I practiced with my master."

Suddenly, she throws her sword at me, so I have to cover myself, but shortly after I feel an impact on the back of my neck and my consciousness darkens.

+++
POV Cinnamon~

I throw my sword to distract the leader of the guards and move behind him, sticking my claws into his neck, killing him instantly.

"All clear, now I just need to..."

Looking around, I see many soldier bodies, including that of the fat noble who seemed to have broken his neck when I sent him flying.

"Now, I need to see what I can salvage from the carriage and then leave this place."

<You have leveled up>
<Warning, the user will not be able to withstand the power contained in their body and will undergo emergency remodeling.>

After receiving these two messages, I start to feel dizzy, and the next thing I know, I've lost consciousness.

6