Chapter 5
1.8k 0 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Top Up now accessible]

"Wait what!?"

Yoru face look like a pigeon hit by a pea shooter.

[Why so surprised?]

"Of course! Even though it's a video game system, this is not a game!"

[Oh... Did you didn't need Top Up function?]

"Eh... I'm not saying it's not necessary, it's just that from LN, WN, Manga, Comics, and so on, usually there aren't any. Or maybe there are, I just don't know."

[According to the message left by that being. This function really helps you to get gild easier. Because the price of equipment can be said to be very pricey]

"Ahh... So that why the Top Up function came to be. Should I take money from a bank or an ATM machine. A shop might do that too. Let's think about it later. I need to know where I am right now. Depending on where I am now, things can get really inconvenient."

"System, is there a map in the Shop?"

[Don't know. I don't have the authority to manage the Shop. My job is only to manage the System as a whole so that it can function normally. Contents of the Shop. What is your mission and the rewards. What functions will open. All of that is beyond my responsibility]

"Oww... Sucks. Oh well. Now we have to get out of this kitchen first. Judging by the size of this kitchen. Maybe we're in a hotel."

Yoru then slowly opened the back door of the kitchen and he looked outside which was still early morning. And no zombies at all.

However, Yoru didn't go out right away and opened another door. Here he saw several zombies wearing uniforms.

"Ahh... This is a school. I hope that this is a hotel, so I can steal a lot of money for Top Up. But if it's a school. Not so useful. The only survivors must be teachers who can't do anything and students who are still a kid."

[Wrong. Depends on what the school is like. Maybe there will be a teacher or student who can help a little]

"I know. Sports teachers are usually in good physique. Students who take extracurricular sports are the same. Some who are proficient in chemistry may also help. But not all schools have such teachers and students."

[Good argument. But, there must be something that can help right?]

"Yes, there is. Every school must have an infirmary. There must be medicine there. In the teacher's room there must also be a map. Now we need to go to the infirmary first and then teacher's room."

After confirming the destination. Yoru came out of the kitchen through the back door where there were no zombies. He walks without knowing where he is going. Every now and then he finds a pair of zombies. Or zombies in groups of 3-4 zombies.

"The ones in groups are definitely close friends. and the pairs that are probably lovers. And judging by all the zombies I've met. We're in a highschool."

Yoru fell silent and continued to search the zombie he had just killed.

"What clear is, I have to find the infirmary as soon as possible. So that I can find shelter faster too. Or maybe I have to find survivors first. To take me to the infirmary. Whatever it is, the important thing is the infirmary first."

Yoru continued on his way after confirming what he should do.

***

After meeting some zombies. Yoru heard the sound of zombies being killed.

ARRRGGGHHH

"It turns out that most zombies sound like that when they're killed? I thought they sounded like that just because they killed by me."

[Why do you think so]

"Because usually in video games, zombies sound like that when they get killed. With me having a video game system, isn't it normal for me to think like that?"

[That is true. Even though the system doesn't actually have that kind of function, do you need a BGM?]

"That's fine. But please don't turn the BGM too hard.]

[You can set it in Settings]

"I forgot about that function. I need to learn all the functions of the system. But maybe later when I find a place to rest myself."

[I suggest you learn everything. Don't forget to access the FAQ too. Many tutorials are written there]

"Thanks for the suggestion partner."

After that conversation, Yoru walked slowly towards the source of the sound where the zombies died.

Yoru hid behind a building and peeked in the direction where the voice came from.

There he saw a student fighting zombies. She has straight and shiny thigh-length straight purple hair that has a triangular fringe at the front which barely touches the ridge of her nose. She also has blue eyes. She is quite tall for a Japanese girl, and her relatively long limbs contribute leverage to her powerful sword swings.

"She's strong. Do I need to help her?"

[I don't think it's necessary. She's strong enough to finish off those zombies]

"That's true. But two heads are better than one."

After that. Yoru slowly approached the schoolgirl with his impromptu spear ready to be swing at any moment.

The schoolgirl was not aware at all of the existence of Yoru who walked up to her. She was too focused on the zombies in front of her. Or maybe, she was to enjoying the situation she was in now.

'Why does she smile every time she slashes her wooden sword at the zombies?'

[Such conditions are normal right? If you think about it from their side. Their daily life is ruined isn't it?]

'That is true. But for her. Looks like she's enjoying it all. Like, she's been suppressing her emotions all this time and now it's all coming out unhindered.'

[Maybe she's a sadist]

'It could be. But most importantly. '

Yoru readied his spear and fiercely he swung his spear and killed several zombies at once.

Seeing what happened. The schoolgirl was surprised and stopped for a moment.

Seeing the student was silent. Yoru again swings his spear and kills another zombie. After that he immediately killed all the rest off the zombies.

After all the zombies are dead. Yoru looked at the girl.

"Sorry if I bothered you. Was my help not necessary?" Yoru said in a soft tone.

The girl shook her head and said. "It's okay. Thanks for helping."

"Oh... Because from what I saw earlier, you seem to be enjoying all of this. So I thought you'd be mad that I bothering you." Yuri smiled.

"Eh..." The girl was surprised to hear Yoru's words.

"Do I look like I'm enjoying all of this?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, you smiled happily when you slashed at them." Yoru said while pointing at the zombie lying down.

The girl looked embarrassed to hear Yoru's words.

'Now her face is red. Is she embarrassed that other people see her like that.'

"Sorry, I showed you something unpleasant." Said the girl while hiding her face.

Yoru looked a little confused by what the girl said.

"Unpleasant thing? I thought you looked beautiful when you smiled earlier." Yoru said confidently.

The girl was shocked and her face was red like a tomato. Even his ears look red too.

'She does look pretty and now looks cute when she's shy like this. But, if it's like this. we will never finish. Better change the conversation.'

"You're a student from this school aren't you? Can you take me to the infirmary?"

35