Chapter 17
997 0 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'What kind of power is that!!! Isn't that too strong!!!'

[That's why I said you can call yourself a god among human if you can use this skill to the max of it's capabilities. But the other skills that you must have are also quite a lot before you can fully use this skill]

'I don't know what I need. But with you here, I don't have to worry, right partner?'

[Of course. I'm here making plans so you can become God]

'Isn't that to much of a goal?'

[To much or not. Time will tell]

'Whatever. The important thing is that I can survive. And complete all the missions.'

[If you don't have anything you have to do now. Use Mana Gathering to recover your mana]

'Ahh... I forgot about that skill.'

[Huhf]

Yoru feel that system sign earlier. But he brush it all and fokus on his mana gathering.

Yoru then used the two skill tickets he had to buy Multitasking and Energy Efficiency and tried Mana Gathering.

[Not bad. For the first time using mana gathering, you are quite proficient]

'But I feel a little strange. When I collect mana and absorb it. I felt like my body was on fire. I didn't make a sound because I didn't want anyone to know what we were doing. System, what's wrong with my body?'

[That's not a problem. Over time you will also get used to it all. The burning sensation in your body occurs because of mana from outside entering your body. So your body has to change the mana to mix it with the mana in your body. Think of it like you pour syrup in a glass of water. You need to stir it don't you]

"Ohh. So you mean the density or maybe the purity of the mana in the atmosphere is higher than that in my body. So my body did the mixing process with the side effect of my body feeling like it was on fire."

[Precise analysis. If the lvl of mana control you have is high. You won't feel any side effects at all]

'Maybe I need to do mana control training first. I'd better read the FAQ further.'

While Yoru was resting and reading the FAQ about mana control. Shizuka walked over to him.

"Yoru, the meal is ready." Shizuka said as she sat beside Yoru and rested her head on Yoru's shoulder.

"If you came here to tell me the food is ready. Why are you sitting down?" Yoru was confused by what Shizuka was doing.

"Ehe..." Shizuka then stood up and pulled Yoru's hand leading Yoru to the dining table.

Arriving at the dining table. Yoru could see everyone was seated and ready to eat.

"So I'm the last one. Kouta, you look happy. Did you find a new toy?" Yoru said as he sat down.

"You know Yoru-san. Takashi and I found some new toys. And this one is really good. ehehehehe..." Kouta said with a slightly disgusting smile.

"Takashi, has he been like that ever since?" Yoru looked at Takashi and asked. Yoru only received a nod of his head in response.

"Kouta, we'll talk about it all after eating. Now let's just eat first."

"ITADAKIMASU" Everyone said at the same time.

Yoru smiled and said "Itadakimasu"

Either because they are hungry or because they feel a little safe. They eat voraciously.

Yoru finished eating faster than the others. He stood up from his seat.

"Don't eat too fast. I just wanted to look around the house. When you're done eating. Meet me on the second floor balcony."

Yoru then walked away from the dining table. Yoru came out of the house and saw the humvee parked in the garage.

"It's usable. It's just, who can drive this. I wish there was someone else like Shizuka that I could dedicate to as a driver."

After that, Yoru climbed the fence and walked around the house from the top of the fence.

"This neighborhood isn't very crowded. But why are there so many zombies here?"

Yoru saw Kouta and Takashi already on the veranda and decided to stop what he was doing and walked towards the balcony.

When they arrived at the balcony, everyone was already there.

"What do you want to talk about?" Saya immediately asked Yoru after she saw Yoru was already on the balcony.

"About tonight. If my prediction is correct. They will become fiercer when night falls. I don't know why, but I noticed that since we in school, the zombies seem to be more active towards the afternoon. So, they will be more active when night falls. So, we have to prepare. Or rather make more defense in this house."

Everyone was stunned to hear what Yoru said.

"What we should do. We do have a lot of nails and a few hammers. We can barricade windows and doors so we can survive when night arive." Said Kouta giving his suggestion.

"Anyone have any other suggestions?" Yoru gave the others time to present their proposals.

"Yoru-san, you said that as it was getting late, zombie more active isn't it?" Saya asked to make sure of something.

Yoru just nodded his head.

"I have several opinions. 1, They don't like sunlight. Maybe there is something in the sunlight that makes them weak. 2, They don't like heat. In this case the temperature. So the hotter the temperature is, zombie won't come closer. 3, Maybe both. It's hot during the day." I explained.

"So?" Yoru was confused.

"We can make the surroundings a little hot by burning something. So that the zombies don't get close. Even if they get close. At least they're approaching a place where there's no fire, so it's not this house." Saya gave the suggestion.

Yoru was silent for a moment.

"It's still 3pm. So we still have time. Shizuka, and you two. Come with me out for a bit. The rest, stay here and barricade this house." Yoru gave instructions.

"Where are we going?" Shizuka asked a little confused.

"We're looking for a barrel." Yoru answered.

"We don't have much time. We'd better hurry."

After hearing Yoru's words. Everyone started doing preparing for their assignment.

***

"Shizuka, use this wooden sword for a while." Yoru give a woden sword to Shizuka.

Yoru swung it a few times before giving it to Shizuka.

In fact, when Yoru swung the wooden sword he also poured mana to activate the symbol at the same time.

'The result of multitasking. I can control mana along with other activities.'

"You all ready?" Yoru asked the others.

Saeko nodded, the others nodded too but it was obvious that they were a little worried.

Yoru and the others walked towards a park.

"Why the park?" asked a male student.

"Usually the park is used as a gathering place for the homeless. And homeless people usually use a barrel to burn wood when they are cold. That's what I often see." Yoru explained.

When they reached the park. They immediately went around and looked for the barrel. And sure enough. Around the park there are several cardboard houses and a few barrels.

"Careful, I'm sure there must be zombies around here." Yoru warned.

Yoru and Shizuka were very careful here. Not just for their safety. But also for the safety of other students. But after destroying all the cardboard houses and going around a few times, Yoru and the others didn't find a single zombie.

"We don't have much time. You guys are strong enough to lift that barrel, right?" Yoru asked.

The barrel they found wasn't very big, maybe only 50 liters, but enough for what he wanted to do.

The two students each brought one barrel, and yoru brought 2 barrel. They immediately returned after getting what they wanted.

Yoru also directly instructed the students to place the barrel in the place he had determined. After that Yoru took all the wood he could find, and filled the barrel with wood.

After everything was ready Yoru returned to Shizuka's house and found all the windows barricaded with wooden planks and only left the front door and back door blocked by chairs and tables.

"Where did you find the wooden planks?" Yoru asked because he didn't find any wooden planks when he wandered around Shizuka's house.

"At the house next door. Takashi and Rei were out looking." Saya's answer.

"You're lucky too." Yoru laughed a little forced.

"We're ready, just waiting for the night. Hopefully nothing untoward happens." Yoru said which made everyone feel a little scared.

29