Chapter 22
834 4 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a wooden sword in both hands Yoru ran to attack the zombie. And the zombie really has intelligence. he can tell which attacks can be blocked and which ones must be dodge.

'He's smart. System, is he also a messenger?'

[I don't know. But I don't think he's a messenger. I don't recife emergency missions. And I never knew there was a messenger shaped like this]

After that small conversation a notification sounded.

[Emergency mission : Kill the Velotile Zombie in 1 hour.

Rewards: 1 Skill ticket

                 1000 Points

Target automatically locked on.

Remaining Time : 59:47]

[Emergency Mission appears. This zombie is called Velotile. He is smarter and stronger than ordinary zombies. But it still has the same weaknesses as ordinary zombies. But this zombie only appears at night because this zombie doesn't really like UV light]

'Thank you. I can use the old ways to fight these zombies.'

Yoru reached into his pocket and took out a coin and threw it at the barrel and made a slightly loud sound that made the zombie turn around.

Yoru didn't miss the opportunity and swiftly, he slashed at the zombie's leg.

'If it's like this. Everything looks easy. But I hope… what I did earlier didn't make too many zombies come here.'

Yoru then mercilessly slashed the zombie's head and killed it.

'So it's just zombie+2. Not so awesome.'

[You being able to meet Messenger is such an unexpected thing. So don't confuse messenger with other zombies]

'Ai ai captain. Does he have a core too?'

[Unfortunately no. The advantage of killing this zombie is only that he is counted as 10 zombies. Where the status of this zombie is equivalent to 10 zombies in one]

'Ahh... So not very profitable.'

Yoru then met the man earlier after he killed the zombie.

"Everything is safe. There are no other zombies around." Yoru said.

"Thanks for the help. Do you live nearby?" Said the man.

Yoru pointed to the house behind the man. And say. "You are standing in the yard of my wife's house."

"You can rest inside if you have nowhere else to go."

Yoru said nothing else and walked away from the man.

The man, along with the little girl and her dog followed Yoru and entered the house.

"You guys wait here a moment." Yoru asked the Man to wait in the living room. And leave them there.

Before long, Yoru came out with mineral water, bread and chocolate.

"You can talk about yourselves while you eat." Yoru sat across from the man.

The man took mineral water and opened it. Then he gave it to the little girl beside him. Then he also opened the bread and chocolate and did the same.

'This little girl may be her child.'

[Is there any other conclusion besides that]

'Who knows he might find this girl on the side of the road.'

[Humans are not pebbles that can be found on the side of the road]

The man started talking after he drank.

"My name is Miamura Merasato. And this is my daughter Alice Merasato. Thank you for saving us earlier." Miamura said and he lowered his head.

Alice imitated her father and lowered her head. Meanwhile, the dog in Alice's lap was silent.

"Zeke, this dog's name is Zeke" Alice introduced her dog.

"Woof" Zeke barked like he knew Alice introduced him.

"No problem. I'm not doing this because I'm kind. But because I have my own agenda." Yoru said while drinking his mineral water.

Miamura was a little tense after hearing Yoru's words.

"You don't have any shelter, do you?"

Miamura looks sad hearing Yoru's question.

"I don't want to ask too much about your history and why you got chased by zombies earlier. But, I'm sure you need shelter don't you." Yoru sounded arrogant with his words.

"We do need a place to take shelter. But that doesn't mean we will do anything to make sure we have a shelter." Miamura said with a serious face.

Yoru smiled and said. "I don't know what wild thoughts are going through your mind. But I'm sure you're thinking rude things."

"I don't need you to do anything difficult. I just want you to drive a bus for me."

Miamura couldn't believe what she heard a little.

"Is that all I need to do?" Miamura asked to be sure.

"Yeah, I don't need anything else. Even if i want, it's depends on what abilities you have?" Yoru answered with a straight face.

"I know more or less about engines and vehicle modifications." Miamura replied slightly confused.

"Then can you make a faraday cage?" Yoru said a little seriously.

"Faraday cage? What for? Are you planning on making an EMP?" Miamura was confused by Yoru's question.

"As expected of an engine freak. I didn't expect to make an EMP. But just in case from EMP blown up above our head. With what's happening now possibility that the government will launch the EMP is not low. To minimize the use of vehicles and fuel." Yoru explained a little.

"Come to think of it. It can happen. I can make it. But I don't have the materials to make it." Miamura was confused.

"What materials do you need?" Yoru asked seriously.

"Aluminum is the best. Where do you want to make faraday?" Miamura thought for a moment.

"Can you make a moving faraday?" Yoru is a little confused here.

"A moving Faraday? Not impossible, but a little difficult. Covering the engine isn't the way to go either. But maybe you can try. Or maybe you can use a vehicle with a diesel engine that will obviously survive EMP." Miamura gave his suggestion.

"Diesel engines are too noisy and will attract zombies. But maybe you can make the engine room a little bit soundproof so there isn't much noise coming out." Yoru thought things over seriously.

"I can make it. If we talk about power. We can use more than one engine too."

Yoru was taken aback by Miamura's words.

"You can modify a vehicle with two engines?"

"I can. it's not easy. But it's not impossible either." Miamura replied with a straight face.

"Okay, you officially join my group. Meanwhile I only have the bus parked in front of the house and the humvee in the garage. Later you will drive the bus and my wife will drive the Humvee."

Miamura looked a little calm hearing Yoru's words.

"Thank you."

"You'd better get some rest. You can use the room in the far corner. Tomorrow we have to leave this place and go to Takagi's estate." Yoru told Miamura.

"Okay then. I'm too tired for today too." Miamura complied with Yoru's request.

"For introductions, we can do it after everyone wakes up tomorrow morning. Good night." Yoru left Miamura and his child and he went straight to his room to sleep.

Arriving at the room. Yoru sees Saeko awake and looks a little angry.

Yoru didn't really care and immediately crawled and slept between Saeko and Shizuka.

"You don't have to be so angry. I didn't do anything. Just saved an extra driver." Yoru said while stroking Saeko's head.

Saeko was still frowning.

"Next time, if the same thing happens, I'll take you." Yoru said to calm Saeko and closed it all with a kiss on her lips.

29