Chapter 42
554 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Yoru stopped modifying his eyes, he woke Saeko and Shizuka up. They were both a little hard to wake up so Yoru had to kiss them to get them to wake up.

Even though Yoru knew that the two of them were actually easy to wake up. But Yoru still gave them both a kiss to get them both a little energy after waking up.

After Saeko and Shizuka woke up. They came out of the room and found that many had woken up. Even some of Takagi's members didn't sleep because they had to be on guard.

"Souichiro, have your members on guard since last night rest. Tell the others to get ready. Don't forget to tell them to eat and go to the toilet. It would be funny if they felt like going to the toilet when we were attacked, wouldn't it?" Yoru reminded Souichiro.

"I don't think they're that stupid. But it's better to be on guard than to get into trouble." Souichiro then ordered several members of Takagi to do what Yoru suggested.

After the matter with Souichiro was over, Yoru went to see Miamura and Matsudo.

"Miamura, Matsudo." Yoru greeted the two after seeing the two of them sitting while eating.

They both turned and saw Yoru, Saeko and Shizuka approaching them and immediately stopped eating.

"You can continue eating. I just need to tell you a few things." The two of them continued their meal after hearing what Yoru said.

"This time it may be the last attack. So I ask you to find some people who might be able to drive all the available vehicles and prepare everything. Can you?" The two of them just nodded their heads.

Seeing the answers from Miamura and Matsudo, Yoru then left the two and went straight to the front.

"Yoru, this is the last one right?" Shizuka asked a little anxiously.

"Maybe. But it could be the last for today. I don't know for tomorrow or the day after." Yoru answered with a bit of annoyance.

"Are there other missions?" Saeko was a little confused seeing Yoru upset.

"No. Not for now. But just looking at what happened. Missions like this might come again in the future."

Saeko and Shizuka's faces looked wry to hear what Yoru said.

Upon reaching the fence, Yoru sees some of Takagi's members spreading new barbed wire as a trap.

"Yoru, is this enough?" Souichiro looked a little worried.

"Seeing what happened last night. With police zombies who can use their guns. Maybe now there will be zombies that can run and jump." Anxiety was evident on Souichiro's face.

"There shouldn't be any. If there are plenty of zombies like that. We've been out since yesterday. However, a precaution may be necessary." Yoru responded to Souichiro's words while looking around him.

Yoru saw some unused cars and walked over to the cars and invited some Takagi members to follow him.

Yoru immediately removed the car door forcefully. He then asked the Takagi members to arrange the car doors on the fence so that they could be used as hiding places in case there were zombies who could use gun.

After all is done, Yoru then climbs the roof of the bus to see if the zombies are approaching.

He activated the symbols in his eyes and examined them carefully.

'Nude zombies are not seen. But I haven't seen any zombies approaching.'

When Yoru was focusing on observing the surroundings. Miamura talk to him. "Yoru-san, I've packed all the things that can be carried on the bus. Some were forced to get into the other bus and cars."

Yoru was a little surprised to hear Miamura talking to him. "Ahhh... Miamura. When you're done. Tell all the drivers to get ready in their respective cars. When we have the chance, we'll just get out of here and head to Taiei Shopping town."

Miamura nodded her head and went straight to all the drivers to deliver their instructions.

[3rd wave zombie arrive in 10 minutes]

"Prepare guys. They're near. In 10 minutes."

Everyone immediately rushed to their respective positions after hearing Yoru's words.

'System, stop eye modification and focus on gathering mana. I'm not going to save mana now. I want this to be over as soon as possible.'

[Okay. This is the last wave. Because the sun rises in an hour. But there's nothing wrong with getting this all over with as soon as possible]

Yoru readied his bow and arrow. With his left eye using the night vision and farsight symbols he has started aiming.

Calmly, Yoru waited for where the wave would start.

After the wave officially started. Yoru immediately releases his arrow along with 3 symbols to strengthen and 2 symbols to speed up his arrow.

The arrow that he released went faster and killed several zombies at once.

[50 mana at once. You're wasteful. If it's like this. You can only shoot arrows 4 time]

'The first time I was just trying. 50 mana turned out to be too much. My arrow couldn't withstand that much force and shattered halfway. So I'm now going to reduce the symbols I use.'

Seeing his arrows shattered, Yoru decided to reduce the number of symbols he used.

[Maybe if your arrows are made of iron. Can hold more symbols]

'I don't have a bow that can be used with arrows like that.'

[Just do the same as in the second wave. There's not much you can do anyway. I think it's better if you go ahead and finish everything off with Saeko. Using 2 Str, 2 Agi and 4 End might suffice. And if you used the same amount on Saeko. You two might be able to finish it all without breaking a sweat]

'Too conspicuous. I don't want to use too much magic.'

Yoru fired arrows non-stop while talking with the System looking for the fastest way to kill the zombies that attacked them.

But without Yoru knowing, he ran out of arrows.

"Ehhh...." Everyone looked at Yoru and was a little confused because Yoru suddenly stopped shooting arrows.

Yoru just smiled and said. "My arrows are gone. Tehe pero."

Everyone could only facepalm to Yoru.

Yoru who ran out of arrows could only sit and watch the zombies walk over.

"You better activate your trap now." Yoru tried to distract.

Souichiro and the Takahi members could only sigh and heed Yoru's suggestion and activate their traps.

Events like in the second wave happened again. But for now. There were quite a few zombies that managed to escape the trap.

"Kouta, your turn."

Kouta readied his weapon and trying to snipe every possible zombie. However, the current zombies were much smarter than the previous wave and the zombies carrying the sledgehammer lined up in front of the other zombies.

"Yoru-san. Why do I see that they are lined up to protect the other zombies?" Kouta said with confusion evident in his voice.

"You're not wrong. I saw the same thing. Because guns don't work. Why don't we just bombard them?" Yoru sounded a little annoyed.

"Sigh, there's no other way." Kouta seemed a little reluctant to throw the bombs due to their small number.

Seeing Kouta's face like that, Yoru immediately grabbed the bomb that was in Kouta's hand and threw it himself.

The bomb that Yoru threw flew so fast and hit the leg of the zombie carrying the sledgehammer and exploded instantly.

BOOM!!!

The bomb that exploded also killed several zombies at once. However, the zombie that survive kept walking closer. Seeing it all, Yoru threw bombs again and again and again until the bombs ran out.

Everyone looked worried about what had happened. Because the smoke was so thick, they couldn't see what was going on in the cloud of smoke.

Except for Yoru and the system who can still clearly see what's going on there.

'I can't believe there some that survived.'

[Use the Eye of Truth]

Hearing the System's suggestion, Yoru immediately activated the Eye of Truth and was shocked to see what he knew.

23