chapter six
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone in the cafeteria roared with cheer to hear the existing news- well every except the lunch ladies. Soon after the noise died down and everyone went back to texting on the phones or eating their lunch. I didn’t eat my food. I mainly just mixed it around on my try.

Then I saw a boy walk up to me he had pale skin, nearly black hair, deep blue eyes, and was wearing a light blue sweatshirt but in deep blue said North star karate on it.

He sat down next to me.

“Hi,” he said with a smile.

“Hi,” I replied and forced myself to smile back.

“I heard you do Ju-Jujitsu?” He asked me.

“Karate. I do karate.” I corrected him.

“Hey me too!” he exclaimed “Where is your dojo?”

“Oh, my dad trains me he’s a seventh-degree black belt.” I told him “and I am a second.”

“Oh, I am only a red belt,” he told me.“You should sign up for the karate club, you would be good at it!”

“Uh maybe...” I replied.

“Oh I forgot to introduce myself.” he said “I’m Alex.”He told me

“My name is Rose.” I said, “maybe I should do the karate club if you think it would be a good idea, I am still not sure what you do in it though."

“Oh, you would love it!” he kept exclaiming. “in the club we  compete against other schools and practice Marshall arts We can sign up after school together if you want.”

I glanced over my shoulder to see the boy who got beat up and shook his head and walked away. I was confused for a moment but I didn't worry much about it. The good thing was that I was making A friend. I turned my attention to Alex again.

“That would be great,” I told him with a real smile this time.

RING RING Then the bell rang.

“See you after school?” I asked him.

“Definitely,” he replied.

And we both walked our separate ways.

I continued to zoom out through my classes and dismissal until they said: All after-school activities may be dismissed.

I walked into the room and saw the math teacher, Alex, and a couple of other boys but I notice there were no girls.

“Sorry, the sowing club is the next door over.”He said with a grin. i already had a bad start in this club.

All the boys except Alex laughed at the "funny joke."

I frowned. “I am here for the karate club,” I told them

“Listen you can't just join our club you have to prove you know how to fight and that you are strong enough.” one of the boys said with a huge smirk.

“Then how do I prove it?” I asked him.

 at the “You have to fight our strongest member- if you can beat them then you're on the team.” The teacher told me.

“Sounds easy enough," I said.

“Alex, Show this girl what real karate is.” the teacher said.

Alex stepped forward on the mat in the center of the room. I did the same.

“Bow at me,” the teacher said. we bowed to the teacher. "Bow to each other." we bowed to each other.

“Fight positions! Ready set fight!” he said

“Don't worry I will go easy on you,” Alex said trying to be nice. 

“You can if you want, but in my opinion" I informed him an uppercut right after I finished talking. “that might make your life a little bit harder.” He tried to roundhouse punch me to the cheek but I blocked out and hammer fist him and pulled him to the ground where he tapped twice and gave out.

Everyone was either in awe,shock, or in silence.

I looked around and I knew I had a giant smirk on my face.

“Alright, she’s on the team.” he announced very impressed “And everyone remembers the next torment is on October twenty-first or otherwise the day after the fall dance. For our new member's next meeting which is on Monday please bring your belt and gi.”

“Yes, Sensi !” we all shouted then we all grabbed our backpacks and either walked home or our parents picked them up.

I started to walk home

“Rose, wait up!” Alex weesed 

“Yes?” I asked him.

“Do you want to walk home together?” he asked still panting 

“Sure!” I replied

“By the way, you did really well today.I didn't expect you would be that good!”

“Thank you, I enjoyed beating you up.”

“Well, I wouldn’t say those exact words…”

We both laughed and talked until I reached my house

“Well, This is my stop. See you in school tomorrow?” I asked.

“We should hang out sometime,” he said.

“For sure,” I replied and opened the door, and went inside the house.

I saw my mom cooking up another storm.

“Mom!”I said.

She looked over her shoulder “Oh hi Rose, Sorry you startled me. What do you want to tell me?”

“I join the karate club at school,” I told her

“Oh, that’s good! I am sure your father would love to hear that.” My mom replied

“Where is dad?” I asked

“He’s working late.”My mom informed me.

“Oh OK, what are you cooking? It smells really good.” I asked her.

“We're having fried chicken requested by you little brother,” he told me.

“Of course he did.” I sighed. I glance up that the clock it was a quarter two five.

“Do you need my help making dinner?” I offered

“That would be great,” she replied. “You can start by preheating the oven.”

We cooked dinner and had a great time doing it too and we finally put the chicken in the oven.

“Thank you for letting me help,” I said

“It was a pleasure working for you,” she replied and smiled

we giggled a little bit and I walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs, and into my room. I glanced at my phone Ella was calling I answered

“Hi Ella,” I said

“Rose! I need to tell you something!” she said

“Oh no, What trouble have you gotten in this time?” I asked

“Hey I don’t always get in trouble OK ya I do- But I didn’t this time- But basically there was a riot going on during lunch!” she told me

“Wait what! Start from the beginning.” I ordered my best friend.

“OK, so you know Sandy and how she is basically obsessed with global warming and stuff like that? So during the end of lunch, she stood on the end of the table and yelled stuff like save the turtles and there’s more trash in the ocean than humans on the earth and stuff like that, someone threw that sandwich at sandy so sandy threw it back and the next thing I know there was a food fight! in the end Sandy got detention.” 

"oh wow. Ella, you NEED to keep me updated on this stuff," I ordered her.

"Don't worry, I will what I live for these days." she teased

“Rose Time for Diner!”My mom called

“OK, Mom!”I yelled back “Ella I got to go.”

“Aw  OK.”She replied with a frown.

And I hung up the phone and walked down the stairs. into the dining room

0