This Is It
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The air was a sickly sort of purple as smoke descended all around them. Screams fell from the candy-colored sky, like sparks from the lighters that caused all of this. It was a hard decision, one loaded with kerosene and gas valves, but someone had to do it. Sacrifices had to be made.

 

It was just another sacred night, here in Turgid Meadows.

 

Finch watches as the masses of people rapidly plummet to their doom in the explosion that sent them all flying out of town. Bodies rained down like a second coming of Noah’s Great Flood, splattering all around the neighborhood and its enclosing woods. He turns his head, staring down at the mess that used to be his friends. Charred to ruin and unrecognizable, much like himself.

 

Kitty’s head had been lost in the explosion, probably not too far away from Piggy’s midsection and arms, the boy’s trademark shorts and sneakers being the only thing left behind to mourn. It seemed almost poetic that the two rivals had landed next to each other like this. Moochie and Spike were nowhere to be seen, left behind in the ruin that used to be their stomping grounds.

 

He blinks, sighing, with a sense of peace one can only find in their final hours, as he looks down to see the blood spraying from the stump that had been left in place of his leg. He reaches downwards, hovering over a bleeding mess of glass and metal splinters stabbing out of his abdomen. The glass slides out easily, cutting his burned hands in the process but there was no pain. Never any pain, not like this.

 

The redhead leans back at Devil Lad’s feet, in the tall, soft grass, as they watch Turgid Meadows burn to the ground again. The alleged Halloween Poacher next to him stood as vacant and soft as always, mask still gleaming red and unmarred from the damages dealt out- the only one untouched or injured from their Halloween Adventure. But what else was new?

 

Finch’s blue eyes close softly, one last huff leaving his lips as the flames soar higher around them.

 

Another world-saving stunt that no one would remember in the morning.

 

"Hey DL?"

"Yeah?"

"You know what they say about fucking with fire."

"Enlighten me."

"Burn, baby. Burn."

1