Chapter 16 – Battle against the demon.
1.6k 4 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

N/A: Extra Chapter sponsored by Merlin K.  

Sponsor a chapter by paying a Ko-Fi.  Ko-fi.com/perve69

.....   

Now I'm on the branch of a tree. On the ground was a boar-faced demon and Arthur, who was sitting on the ground. A few meters away from us was approaching a horde of magical beasts, which came in response to the demon's call. Faced with such a situation, I remembered my fight in the village a few days ago.

The situation is very similar. There was a horde of lesser beasts and at the end there was a leading beast, which was stronger than the others. In this case, we can say that the leading beast is the demon that called the others. The situation is a little complicated, but I don't see myself losing at any time. From experience, I know that demon skin is resistant to normal cuts, but not to more advanced abilities.

Another factor is that he is strong and big, but has a relatively fast speed. In short, he is a high-ranking demon. If we used the rank that the white faction uses, this demon would be an S rank easily.

"Arthur, take the sword and come here."

Following my orders, Arthur ran to the Excalibur and picked it up, then he jumped to the branch I was on. I don't want Arthur to die now, if he dies I won't be able to taste my revenge.

"Oinc, it's finally here."

Behind the demon, about fifty magical beasts arrived. Tigers, wolves, bears, monkeys and other types came to his call. I believe your calling has a limited range, causing only beasts within that range to enter the battlefield. As I said before, I don't see myself losing the battle.

All the beasts that came to the demon's call are of lower rank than him. Most are either A-Rank or B-Rank, meaning none of the beasts are a problem. Only at the beginning of the battle did I get a little nervous due to the opponent. I didn't know what his strength level was and from his looks, he was a strong demon. However, after some experience, I could see that the situation is much calmer than I imagined.

Well, this situation is fine for me. However, it is a serious problem for Arthur, who is still in the A-Rank of magic power. I believe he will encounter difficulties during the fight, but in the end it will be useful. Jump out of the tree and land on the ground.

"Let's stop wasting time, little pig."

"Hiiiiiiiinc."

After the demon's roar, the beasts immediately came towards me, running to attack me. The first to arrive was a tiger, which jumped with its mouth open and was quickly killed by my sword, having its head cut off. So it was a bear, who tried to scratch me. However, I dodged it by rolling to the side and slashing his leg. I intended to get up and finish the bear, but Arthur jumped out of the tree and drove his sword through its skull, killing it.

Then two wolves jumped at the same time and at the same time were cut by my sword. Arthur, who had killed the bear, used one of his abilities to kill three A-rank beasts at once. Suddenly, a giant spider launched a web that stuck to my arm, pulling me towards it. I could try to break the web using force, however, I took advantage of being pulled in the air to cut the beasts that were in the way.

After a few more beasts died, I was approaching the spider and was going to be wrapped like prey. To get out of this situation, I used the same strategy I had used against the demon, activated [hydra good footsteps] and moved in the air. I fell on top of the spider and plunged my sword into it, then cut part of her body, causing blood mixed with goo to fly everywhere.

Suddenly, I hear the sound of a tree being uprooted. With one hand, the demon ripped a tree from the ground and threw it towards me, hitting several beasts. Seeing the tree approaching, I dodged it and went towards the demon, killing all the beasts that were injured due to the impact of the tree.

....

(Arthur's POV.)

I always knew about the existence of the night shadow group. In the game, they are responsible for the events that make the hero conquer the heroines. However, I never imagined that I would get involved with this group a few years ago when I bought the fertilizer. Most people don't know about the night shadow group, that's because they work in the shadows, hidden.

From what I remember in the game, the group of night shadows is made up of traitors from the white faction and four demons who came from the demon realm. Each of the demons provides an event related to the heroines of the story and an event related to Sophia, Luke's fiancée.

One of the four demons and the weakest is Glord, the Boar-shaped demon that Luke is fighting right now. Luke, without a doubt, is a monster. During the game, Glord is titled as the weakest demon among the four demons, but compared to the others, he is very strong. He's someone I could never deal with in my current state, because of that, I'm paralyzed with fear at the sight of him.

I never thought I would meet one of the game's villains at such an early time and at an even worse time. Glord was a villain who completely established the relationship between the hero and Angelica in the game. In the game, when solving the problem in Angelica's village, the saint begins to have feelings for the hero and these feelings bloom even more overtime.

After the event with Glord, Angelica becomes the first heroine to join Arthur's harem. However, when I was reincarnated in this world, I used my gimmicks and in-game information to win Angelica long before the main event. I was going to use the main event to further seal my relationship with her. However, I ended up screwing it up in the end.

I wanted to do things fast, and everything went wrong for me. Angelica's village was almost destroyed because of me and my relationship with her collapsed, and to make matters worse, the villain who was going to seal my relationship with her appeared in a situation that Angelica is not even present. At this point, all I can do is help the character I hate the most in the game, to survive, and try to make amends for my mistakes in the future.

I look at Luke, and see him running towards Glord. On the way, he swung his sword, killing all the beasts that were hurt. With a smile on his face, Luke jumped up and swung his sword vertically. Glord, using his weapon, defends Luke's attack, who without wasting time starts swinging his sword performing a series of attacks.

As the two fought, I focused on killing the remaining magical beasts. I managed to kill five more magical beasts, while Luke attacked Glord with quick movements, causing him to be on the defensive. Suddenly, Glord expelled a wave of magical power from his body, pushing Luke back. Then he moved his weapon vertically, aiming at Luke's head, who held the sword with both horizontally.

One of Luke's hands was gripping the hilt of the sword, while the other held a part of the blade. Upon the impact of Glord's weapon with the sword, Luke fell to his knees on the ground and began to be pressed. Glord began to apply force on top of Luke, causing the ground beneath him to crack.

Quickly, I ran towards the two, dodging some magical beasts that tried to attack me. Surprised by my sudden attack, Glord dodged my attack, leaving Luke free. Wasting no time, Luke used [Hydra God's footsteps] and got behind Glord. Swinging his sword, Luke sliced ​​off its tail, causing the demon to scream in pain.

Then Luke cut one of Glord's heels, causing him to drop to his knees. Luke was about to deliver the final blow, however, a magical beast suddenly appeared behind him, causing Luke to defend himself instead of attacking. Luke quickly killed the magical beast, however, on his back, Glord got up and hit him, sending him flying a few feet.

Covered in dust and with a mouthful of blood, got to his feet. I could see the murderous intent in his gaze, he was angry. The rest of the magical beasts went after Luke, who proceeded to kill them all.

Faced with such a scene, I saw a perfect opportunity. Gathering my magic power into the sword, I ran towards Glord, who had his back turned. I tried to perform one of my sword techniques. However, it looked like Glord was already waiting, and before I could attack, he swung his weapon and hit my hand that held my sword, shattering it.

A huge pain coursed through my body. All this due to the trap I fell, Glord probably let his guard down, so I could attack him from behind. Falling into the trap, I found myself in a tight spot, with Glord about to deliver a final blow to me.

[Leviathan - single cut.]

Suddenly, Glord's body falls forward beside me and something flies through the air. Looking at Glord, I could only see his body, his head had been cut off, and he fell forward a few feet. I looked to where Luke was and saw the bodies of the magical beasts that were attacking him.

I looked at Luke, who was standing there looking at Glord's dead body. His eyes glowed purple in the midst of the darkness, and a smile broke out on his face.

"I told you I wasn't going to be defeated."

...

(Luke's POV)

When I received the blow to the back, I flew a few meters and fell to the ground. My clothes were covered in dust and my mouth filled with blood from the impact on my back. I got up and saw the rest of the magical beasts coming towards me and attacking me.

Quickly, I killed all the remaining magical beasts and saw that Arthur was about to be killed by the demon. I gathered my magic power into my sword and used my technique [Leviathan - Single Cut]. It consists of a variation of my technique [leviathan], instead of moving my sword in several directions, I concentrate the power of each movement in a single slash.

Using [the hydra god's footsteps] I approach the demon and cut off its head. It was the perfect opportunity, the demon was focused on killing Arthur and trusted the beasts to delay me. That was the mistake that led to his death.

After the cut, the demon's head flew through the air and its body fell to the ground.

"I told you I wasn't going to lose."

 I failed to fulfill my objective of capturing him for interrogation. However, I did get some useful information during the fight against him. This information will be useful to Empress Margaret and many lives can be saved.

There are many ruined people who do not deserve forgiveness in this world. However, there are many good people who just want to live a peaceful life with their families. That kind of person doesn't deserve to suffer, that's how I think.

[Mission Accomplished.

Reward: 30 stat points]

"Sigh."

 A measly 30 stat points. What a shit system.

54