Chapter 33 – A turbulent night 2.
1.1k 8 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the party devolved into a battleground, the elf king, fueled by rage, began to attack the hooded men. However, I discovered an error. He should be strong as the elves' leader, but he appeared tired and unable to move properly.

Then an idea occurred to me. Margaret and the king of the elves were most likely drugged. This explains why Margaret couldn't react to the magic circle and was feeling dizzy. But how did they get the drugs? What about the drink? No, everyone at the party who drank from the same bottle would be in the same condition.

For a brief moment, I suspected it was the cup. Each representative was holding a cup that was different from the other guests. The drug could be in the cups, indicating that a traitor is present in the castle. However, that is something to be concerned about later. The lives of these three women on the verge of death are the most important thing at that moment.

Suddenly, an idea struck me. Share your soul. My life energy will be shared if I share my soul, saving her life. However, I'm not sure if sharing the soul with three people is a good idea.

"Carina, I need you to bring your mother closer to Margaret and Elizabeth. I think I can save them."

"Please."

Carina carefully placed Sarafina between the two women, as I had requested. Then I asked her to guard me while I cast the spell. Carina shifted her weight forward and drew her spear from its storage ring, as per my instructions. When one of the hoodlums approached her, Carina didn't hesitate and thrust the spear through his body.

Knowing I was safe, I concentrated on the three people in front of me. I closed my eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. Then I clasped my hands together and used my life energy to create a golden magic circle on the ground. Sarafina, Margaret, Elizabeth, and I stood in the center of the circle.

Suddenly, an aura surrounded the three women's bodies, and they approached me. A huge shock hit me when they made contact with my body. I was receiving the souls of three people at the same time. My bones felt like they were going to break as a tremendous pain shot through my body.

My body felt as if it couldn't handle the strain, but I persevered and concentrated. At one point, I bit my lip, causing blood to flow from my mouth. I sighed deeply and began to absorb the first soul into mine. Margaret's soul began to merge with mine, causing my entire body to shiver. It was a painful process.

After Margaret's soul merged with mine, it was Elizabeth's turn. When her soul made contact with mine, I felt my veins melt and a huge pain course through my body.

[I'll assist you.]

I was startled to hear the system's voice. Simultaneously, the pain in my body subsided, and the process of synchronizing Elizabeth's soul with mine continued smoothly, as if it were natural.

[Luke, you've lived three lives. As a result, I was able to transform her soul into something abnormal and divide her into three parts. Every life you've lived is now represented by a soul.]

If I understand correctly, my soul has accumulated enough years of life to be divided into three parts. As Luke had already merged with Margaret's soul, a portion of it represents my first life in this world. Elizabeth's soul was merging with the soul of my second life, the life I lived as Joseph. Finally, Sarafina's soul will unite with the soul representing my current life, my third life.

Elizabeth's soul had just merged with mine after a few moments. Serafina's turn had come. I'm only saving her because of Carina. I don't know her, and I can't even court her. She is, after all, Mufasa's wife. It will be a difficult situation because her fate will be intertwined with mine.

Actually, of these three ladies. Our fates will be intertwined; if one dies, all die. What a mess I've gotten myself into. Sarafina's soul eventually merged with mine. Unlike in the beginning, the system's assistance made things much more peaceful for me. The system warned me that the next step was coming after I merged Sarafina's soul into mine.

Now was the time for all souls to unite and become one. This time was anything but smooth, and my body began to ache, my bones felt as if they were cracking, and my veins felt as if they were about to burst. This continued for a few minutes, until I collapsed to my knees and vomited a large amount of blood. On my knees, I felt like most of my energy had vanished.

Looking at the three women, I noticed that the wounds on their bodies were healing, indicating that the soul sharing had been successful. However, none of them had awoken. They are most likely unconscious as a result of the soul-sharing process. After all, everyone's bodies had to be exhausted.

After a brief moment, I took a deep breath and stood up. I could see chaos all around me as I looked around. Some castle guards had arrived at the party hall and had begun a fierce battle against the [Night shadow] group. The main hall had become a battleground at that point.

Carina, who was supposed to protect me until the spell ended, was fighting a man in a hood. I took my sword out of the storage ring, and sliced ​​off the head of the man who was busy fighting Carina. He didn't even feel my presence approaching.

"Carina, everything worked out. Is your mother going to be okay?"

"Serious?"

"Yes, but she is unconscious. Call guards to protect her, Margaret and Elizabeth, meanwhile, I will try to help in the battle."

"Fine. When I gather the soldiers to protect them I'll go back to the Fight."

Carina turned and ran. I saw the king of the elves in a critical state at that time. I quickly approached the hooded man who was about to strike the king and thrust my sword into his chest. Then I considered the king's condition. He appeared exhausted and drenched in sweat.

Mufasa could have also been drugged. However, because his body is large, the drug may take some time to work. A shiver runs through my body. Everything had been meticulously planned. Empress Margaret and the king of the elves would have perished if it hadn't been for me. Mufasa was led into a trap.

If he comes into direct confrontation with that elf, Mufasa will surely die. I grabbed the elf king by the shirt and led him to where Margaret and the other two women were. Before long, Carina returned with a few soldiers who formed a circle around everyone.

"Carina, we have to go after your dad."

"Yes."

"But first, you have to help here in the hall. Look what's happening, the men in hoods are using dark magic to improve their physical capacity, making it difficult for the soldiers."

"Let's go."

My legs went wobbly as soon as I took the first step, and I fell to my knees. I realized what was going on; it was a side effect of soul sharing. As I previously stated, I expended half of my body's energy. In addition, I sustained significant damage during the process. But now is not the time to pause; people are in danger.

"Luke." Carina  had called.

I took a deep breath and stood up with the sword. Then I braced myself for battle. I began moving around the hall with [hydra god's footsteps]. I began slicing [Night Shadow] members with the sword that once belonged to the country's leader. Their skin was strengthened by the dark magic they were using. But it was in vain.

An enemy's limb fell to the ground every time I swung my sword. Carina's spear attacks were doing the same thing. The main hall was soon covered in enemy blood.

Carina and I left the hall in search of Mufasa after seeing that the current situation could be resolved by the guards. We found ourselves in a corridor full of dead soldiers, blood splattered everywhere, as soon as we left the hall.

Carina's expression had darkened when I looked at her. She then doubled over and puked. This is a normal reaction for someone who is unfamiliar with the situation. Fortunately, as Joseph, I was involved in several battles of this type. So I'm used to that sort of thing.

Carina, on the other hand, isn't. But seeing this scene now might be beneficial to her. After all, Carina is one of the God of Light's chosen heroes. She and the other heroes will fight the Demon King and his forces.

This type of situation will be common on the battlefield. So it is better for her to experience this now rather than on the battlefield during the war. I leaned against Carina's elbow and shocked her back to reality. Then I started moving, and she chased after me.

Suddenly, I hear a noise coming from outside the palace. Mufasa and the elf, I believe, are fighting in the garden. Carina and I both accelerated our pace. When we arrived at the Garden, the first thing I saw was the elf's arm ripping Mufasa's heart out.

Carina, who was standing beside me, knelt at the sight. After ripping out Mufasa's heart, the elf crushed it like an apple. When he noticed my presence, he smiled and said.

"Tonight is stunning."

...

thanks to everyone who is supporting the story on Ko-Fi. Also support: Ko-fi.com/perve69

38