A friendly Test.
4.5k 6 196
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As he arrived at his home, a little past 11, he was going to enter his apartment, only to be stopped.

The door was locked, a screen hovering in front of it simply saying. 

'Rent late.'

David's brows went up, he just paid the entirety of the rent payment, plus the interest from a few missed payments, he had paid it before he left earlier.

So, he gave a nod before he turned around and walked toward the offices. Once he was there he entered in, a fat man sitting behind a desk as he was flipping through a stack of eddies.

Looking up on the intrusion, seeing David's face he scowled a bit before he barked. ''What you want kid?! Here to pay your overdue rent yet?!''

David stood in front of the desk, his brows raised. ''I paid early today, all the fees and interest as well, are you saying I have to pay rent again?''

''A new change of management, you paid the last guy, but not m-.''

He was shut up as David suddenly lifted himself onto the table, and with a finesse of an acrobatic, brought his legs over the table before both of his soles struck hard into the man's face, his chair shoving back on its wheels as his head bounces of the wall.

David in the same movement landed on the desk, sitting on it as he caught the chair with his legs, keeping them straightened but making it so the man couldn't move from his spot.

Just as the fat bastard got his senses back in order, he heard the familiar rack of a pistol as his eyes went wide.

He looked at David, then down to the firearm he now held that was aimed towards his crotch now.

The thought of losing his dick that he just paid to get fixed made him go still, David simply smiling.

''Now, I'm only going to say this once, and only once. I will pay you, the normal amount of rent, on the same day each month, I paid you this month already.''

Getting punked by a kid? Not in this life. ''Gun's not even lo-.''

BANG

''AAAAH!''

The fat bastard suddenly gripped at his arm, struggling to stay in the chair as he started to lean forward, only to earn him a kick to the face from David as he kicked the bastards face back again to make him look at him.

''Now, you made me waste round, know how expensive ammo is no a days? I'm hurt, and since we're such good friends I'm going to take this.'' David waved the stack of eddies, he already counted it, 5k.

''As the apology you just gave me, and because I'm such a good friend, as we have been for years. We're going to both leave this deal happy, right?''

The man rapidly nodded, honestly only 5k for this wasn't that bad, the mega building he owned made more than that in a single week.

''BECAUSE we are such good friends, I'm going to leave this here.'' David set down a medic hypo.

''Because I feel really bad now that we've apologized to each other.'' David smiled before he slid off the desk, turning to the man's computer he easily unlocked his apartment before waving as he left the office, closing the door behind him.

David, now back in his room used his computer to access the systems of the hotel, making it so that if anyone tried to sneak or break into his apartment while he wasn't around, not only would the doors lock, but it would also send him a warning.

Once he finished all that, he got himself one of the last burritos his mom had ever made and ate it, showering and brushing his teeth afterward before passing out on the bed.


''Kid's ruthless... Wish I had found him sooner, why was Gloria hiding him from me?'' Maine sighed as he watched the footage Kiwi had pulled up of the apartment, it showed the encounter with the new management.

''Kids smart.'' Kiwi stated bluntly, causing Maine to raise a brow. ''How so?''

She rewound the video a bit until she paused. ''Face has a disturbance matrix, meaning facial ID can't scan him. However.''

She fast-forwarded to him leaving, before stopping. ''But here? The matrix falls, showing his face, and he looks directly at the camera, and winks.''

She hit play, letting it play out as she said. Maine's face turned into a grin. ''The kid noticed we were testing him?''

Dorio spoke up from her pizza. ''He did admit to him being an Arasaka student, and Kiwi looked into it, right? He dropped out, but before that, he was a straight A student, the top of his class.''

Kiwi suddenly chuckled, shaking her head as the screen fizzled out before it showed an Ad for N-Cola.

Maine turned to look, his brows going up. ''I thought our line was secure from this shit?''

''It is...'' Kiwi continued to chuckle, seeming really amused by it. ''Kid reverse hacked us, minor deamon, impossible to track back, and since it wasn't sent with any malicious code, it got through with ease.'' Kiwi pointed to the ad message.

''A friendly Test, Hi Kiwi.''

Maine roared into laughter, slapping Kiwi's shoulder gently as he walked back to Dorio to enjoy the pizza with her.

Kiwi watched the screen as it switched back to her screen once more, closing her laptop as she stood stretching, wondering if she should teach the new kid a thing or two since it looked like he knew what he was doing at least a little bit.

But, the kid didn't have any hacking tech on him... Did he just use a computer? The kid's got some skill at least, his form is good too, looks like soccer did quite a lot for him.


Someone gave me 100$ just because I started this story, so everyone gets more chapters then I planned, and Patreon is soon to be 10 chapters ahead, possibly more.

Like it? Add to library!
Looking to support me?
paypal.me/BeaulenSmith
https://www.patreon.com/BeauSmith
Check out my Webnovel
https://www.webnovel.com/profile/4313773437?appId=10

196