The Date
2.4k 3 109
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucy was fidgeting, David had finally sent word that it was 'Time'.

She knew what he meant by that, it was time for the date.

She cleaned herself up nice and got into a nice, easy-to-remove blue dress.

It felt weird to be in a dress, but she was the one who wanted the 'perfect' date.

David showed up at exactly 5 PM like he said he would in a rented flying AV.

As the AV lowered towards the balcony and then opened its side the steps extended, showing a sharply dressed David wearing a three-piece black suit with Golden cufflinks and a gold tie clip.

The suit matched well with his dark brown hair combed back and the piercing blue eyes that glowed softly. Stepping down the step he offered his hand to her as a gentleman would. Helping her up into the flying AV and into the well-lit interior. She noticed champagne glasses available to the right in the main console.

Despite the windows on the outside being blacked out, on the inside they could see the city below them, the expanse of lights and people.

Helping Lucy sit down David kissed her knuckles softly before he spoke. ''Good Evening my beautiful Lucy, we will relax from the day while listening to soft music and sipping at champagne while we circle the city a few times before heading to attend our dinner.''

She smiled softly, a light blush on her cheeks already, David was purposely speaking clearly and making sure he didn't use any 'slang'. As he lowered to sit beside her the AV closed behind them. David handed her a glass of champagne while he took one himself.

She took a sip from it as she watched the AV pull away from the building and raise into the sky, slowly starting to circle the city.

''How much did this all cost Davy?'' Lucy asked, her hand already seeking his out and they now held hands, their arms resting on the armrest between them.

''Cost means nothing, all that matters is I get to watch all the lights through your eyes.''

She turned to look up at him, noticing how he had kept his eyes on her own. Her cheeks darkened slightly more before she shifted forward slightly, already pulling him into the first kiss of many throughout the night.

They circled Night city twice at different attitudes before the AV pulled from its path and began to head off into the northeast Badlands. Heading for a particularly tall set of cliffs .

Lucy noticed a soft flicker on the window before it was gone, her eyes moving to look at David who only grinned towards her, amusement in his eyes.

Soon the AV came to an empty area, high on the cliff that seemed to have been flattened out.

David shifted, setting the glass down as he kissed the back of her hand softly. ''Close your eyes please My Lady.''

She didn't even question him, her eyes fluttering shut as she felt him take the glass from her hands and the AV's doors open, as he lead her out she felt him guide her to the last step of the AV's stairs.

It smelled... amazing wherever they were, she wasn't quite sure, not able to exactly place the scent. But the air felt clean and smelt so as well, no fumes, no gases, no trash, nothing.

''I'm going to take your shoes off, alright?'' David spoke softly, getting a nod from Lucy she felt his hand keep ahold of hers before he slowly took her heels off before both hands took ahold of her arms. ''I'm going to lift you, and the AV is going to leave. Keep your eyes closed.''

Lucy nodded, trusting David could easily keep her steady as he lifted her, hearing the AV pull away and off into the distance before David began to slowly lower her, she shivered when she felt something touch her feet, her brows knitting together softly in confusion before her feet began to make small movements, feeling along the strange feeling.

''Strange, isn't it? Feels familiar but strange all at the same time, doesn't it?'' David asked, only to get a nod from her.

Leaning forward David pressed his lips softly to hers before he leaned back, slowly letting her go to support herself before it sounded like he stepped back. 

''Open your eyes.'' 

Lucy did just that, and she became frozen at the sight before her. She didn't see David in front of her, or to her sides so he must be behind her.

It was a green field, grass, and flowers as far as she could see, a lone tree in the middle of the field standing proud and strong, its leaves shaking softly in the air as the wind swept across the plains.

She looked down, her toes curling into the grass as she shuffled her feet a bit, not being able to help herself as she pulled the grass, hearing soft snaps as she plucked some with her toes, warm and fertile dark dirt was beneath the grass and she looked back up, the sun was just starting to lower behind them but it still offered plenty of light to let her see the beauty of the place.

Powerful arms came around her waist, pulling her back into his chest as David leaned forward to kiss the back of her head.

''All of it's real... at least to a certain point, then it's the nanites creating a moving image, but the things you see, the grass, the flowers, the tree, the clear beautiful sky, all that? That's real.''

Lucy rest back into him, her heart beating fast in her chest as she struggled to connect everything together. How had he done it all, is this why it took him so long, because he had been preparing what she asked for, and so much further beyond?

''Above all else..." David said, turning her slowly to look back at him. Lucy looked up at him as he smiled down at her.

''It's almost... Almost as pretty as you are right now.''

That goes a reaction out of her as she gushed, giggling softly before her hands raised and pulled him down so she could kiss him once more. Kissing him long and hard for a few minutes, the kiss helping her calm down slowly before she pulled away. Turning around one more to confirm that everything she was seeing was real.

It was.

Not even caring where her heels had ended up she began to run through the field, not even noticing that her blue dress had become a blue sundress as she ran through the field of grass, going to her knees as he fingers wandered along the many colorful and beautiful flowers.

It was then she understood the smell, the smell was flowers, she leaned down softly to get a better chance to sniff them before she stood. The smile on her face never left her as she ran towards the tree.

Her hands raised as she began to feel along the bark, all of the neurons in her brain firing off as she felt the real wood beneath her hands, the real bark.

It was then she heard a soft tweet and she jumped a bit, looking up as she noticed a bird looking down at her, its head tilted as it watched her before it flapped its wings and took off.

This caused her to turn around to notice a smiling David, his hands behind his back, he had changed into a button-up shirt and jeans, barefoot just as she was., she wasn't sure when it had happened but a blanket had appeared a bit behind him, a large picnic basket already there, the sun still lowering slowly, long shadows starting to be cast.

She ran to him and jumped at him, her arms wrapping around his neck as she began to smother him in kisses across his face, lips, head and cheeks, and jaw.

His arms held her waist tightly and he kept her close, only chuckling softly as she stopped, leaning down to look at her. 

''I don't know how you did this all David... Well, I do know, I know you used your nanites, I just... I can't understand how you made it all real, even a bird. The bird was real, right?''

David nodded. ''That was one of the hardest things, but yes. It is a real, living bird. Possibly the only living bird on the planet.''

Lucy tightened her arms, snugging her cheek into his neck. ''I don't even know what to say David...''

He chuckled before he slowly pulled her back, nanites cleaning the dirt from her feet before he walked her onto the large blanket and helped her lower down.

Only then did she notice she was wearing a sundress, smiling as she rubbed her hands along it, pulling at the fabric.

She wanted an easy-to-take-off dress, and this was a lot easier than what she had before.

David then began to slowly pull out dinner, still hot as well as glasses of wine and a wine bottle.

He finished a few final touches while she watched him, the first bite was heavenly, as were all the rest that came after.

She was never a 'wine' person to begin with, but it tasted delicious and was hard to put down throughout the meal.

Once they had eaten the light meal he had prepared David cleared the blanket and they watched as the last rays of the sun had begun to disappear, slowly stars starting to come out as they lay on the blanket. 

Watching as the stars and the full moon begin to appear. 

Lucy was surprised that even with the full moon, the stars were so clear and easy to see, she knew David did something, but she didn't question it, simply snuggling into his side beneath the stars and moon as she continued to watch them.

David's hand slowly rubbed her back as he watched them with her.


Like it? Add to library!
Looking to support me?
paypal.me/BeaulenSmith
https://www.patreon.com/BeauSmith
Check out my Webnovel
https://www.webnovel.com/profile/4313773437?appId=10

109