Day in the Life-Evening 2
493 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bast had purposely taken the long way to Padre's place, to let David bask in his chili glory, once David pulled in he went to the back, popping the trunk open he pulled out the case of beers, letting Bast close her own trunk as he walked up the steps to the back of the church, knocking on the door.

There was silence for a bit, then some shuffling before the door was opened, Padre in a more comfortable outfit since he was in his own home and he opened his arms with a chuckle.

''Welcome David, I see you've brought some refreshments, I heard you ate Chili not so long ago, but I hope you've got some room for snacks.''

David chuckled as he nodded, stepping in as Padre led him to the living room, setting the beers into the mini-fridge next to the table full of snacks and food.

The both of them sit on the couch and get comfortable. David opened a beer for the both of them as they started to watch the game that was on the TV.

Since Cyberwear has become a popular thing, there were now two different categories in sports.

Organic, and Non-Organic. One was about the old good stuff of seeing humans push their mortal limit to be faster than their rivals, while the other was focused solely on seeing just how fast, and hard you could push a simple sports game into a deadly practical match of sports, muscle, and chrome.

Padre was a naturalist, preferring to watch Organic sports, even if they were currently watching a 'Zero G' version of soccer.

''How did it go with Guadalupe?''

David took a sip of his beer before answering. ''Good, got slapped only once. But she wasn't angry at me, just angry at the world. She felt bad about it once everything calmed down.''

Padre chuckled softly. ''Did you actually feel it?''

''Don't tell her, but no. The Animal I had to fistfight in a blood duel hit much harder.''

''You were always good at fighting, I remember when you were younger and you joined that Boxing Gym... Lord, what was the name of that instructor?''

''Viktor Vektor, he wasn't the instructor, he was just upset us kids didn't know how to throw a punch right or take one right. I heard he just got his ripper doc license actually... Was wanting to go see his skill, and see if he wouldn't mind moving into the Megabuilding. Having a good ripper doc on hand would make a lot of lives easier.''

This was true, David was planning to hire Viktor, and then as he worked slowly make Viktor willing to work as a Ripperdoc directly working for Armstrong Inc, he's seen the guy's tests and his practical skills.

Vik was an absolute wizard of both sides of a ripper doc, the Technical engineering of being able to fix chrome, and the medical knowledge to fix bodies.

''That's good... Having a Ripperdoc so close to home will definitely pay off now, and even more in the future...'' Padre nodded softly, leaning forward to take one of the mini tacos and eating it quietly.

David watched the T.V., occasionally sipping from his beer before he finally spoke.

''How are the Valentinos responding to the increased hostility?''

''Like they always do. With a strong arm and a firm resolve, they're currently working on beefing themselves up, Chrome, Guns, you name it. There's going to be a war in the streets soon... I hate to see it but at the same time.''

''It needs to happen, the Sixth has been getting too aggressive lately, they've slowly gone from protecting the peace the way the NCPD can't to using the laws to their own benefit. Set up a meeting with me and Orta's, going to outfit them right and proper.''

Padre nodded without saying a word, sipping his own beer as his eyes glowed softly for a bit.

David took the time while he was talking to the leaders of the Valentinos to lean forward and make himself a small plate of snacks so he didn't need to keep sitting up to get them, grabbing himself another beer for when he was finished with his first one as well.

Padre's eyes stopped glowing a few minutes later. ''They've been wanting to see you forever anyway, next Friday? I got permission from Mama to use the bar, since it's a fortress by itself and away from the mega building.''

''Sounds good, time?''

''Around 2, so they can get food half off.'' Padre chuckled, causing David to laugh as well.

Friday's after 2 until closing was half off most food, so people could celebrate their new paychecks without spending out the ass to do so.

The two of them continued to sit there, idle chatter, watching the game and eating. Occasionally firing off a joke that made them both laugh.

As it was getting Later, Padre's eyes glowed as he answered a call. His eyes flicked to look at David beside him, and the slow grin he got meant David was about to be asked to do something so he sighed, setting his beer down and stuffing the rest of the tamales into his mouth.

The call ended and Padre's eyes stopped glowing. ''David, my good friend, frightening Mercenary who's tougher than nails and eats them for breakfast... And who has a tank disguised as a car. I just had a driver get his leg blown off and he can't drive... Would you mind going to go pick up some of my people?''

David stood up, brushing off his shirt and pants. ''Sure sure, send me the detes.'' David reached down, grabbing a bag of chips before he stood and walked out, Bast firing up as she already had been listening in on their conversation through the link she shared with David, a habit recently as she started to eavesdrop on him, so she could be ready sooner for situations like this.

Not that David cared any.

Once he got in Bast didn't even let him start buckling in before she took off. Since lives were at risk, they didn't bother following any laws.

That included traffic and sky laws as she slowly turned into an AV while driving, using her speed and momentum to use thrusters to launch her into the air, before the loud roaring of thrusters took over.

David buckled himself in and opened the large bag of chips, starting to eat them.

They come above the firefight going on near Pacifica, Bast suddenly cutting the thrusters as they free fell.

Bast smashed down onto some poor guy and part of the guy's car, putting herself between the thugs firing and the runners.

They looked up, their faces shocked at the sudden appearance of David as the window rolled down, them seeing David as he slowly inserted a chip into his mouth, crunching on it as the two doors facing them opened.

''Well? Get in, grab the driver to if he's still alive.''

''You're our ride? He said fifteen minutes!'' One of the runners yelled as they started to gather their shit, and the Driver and help the other two into Bast.

''I arrive too quickly sometimes, it's a real issue.'' David chuckled, the Driver without a leg letting out a laugh before wincing in pain. David turned around to the guy bleeding all over his car and stimmed his waist.

''Pain reliever and something to keep you together until we can get you to a doctor,'' David stated when they gave him looks.

The driver suddenly released a loud sigh of comfort. ''Oh fuck that's preem... Thanks, choom, I was afraid I was going to be sent up to heaven without a leg.''

''Everyone's in! Let's Delta!'' The one female in the group said as she slammed the door shut behind her. Staring as the bullets ricochet off Bast windows and another side as they continued to lay down fire.

David took another chip before handing them to the girl that had moved into his passenger seat.

''Hold these, if you take some no more than a handful, I'm watching,'' David said as he took control of Bast, driving off the car that they had flattened, and plowing directly through the little blockade they had made. Despite how well Bast handled it, she was incredibly fucking dense, so when David barely tapped their blockade with her, he sent cars swerving out of the way. Totaling whatever was stupid enough to get in his way while he drove.

It took him all of 5 minutes to lose them, and another ten to get them to a Doctor Padre trusted, waving as they left his car before he called out.

''Hey lady! My chips!'' He called, causing her to jump. She looked like deer in headlights as she returned them to him, the events that had just happened were way too confusing for her mind to process.

After all, how often do you see an AV/Car hybrid fall out of the sky, and then save you like a knight riding a tank?


Like it? Add to library!
Looking to support me?
paypal.me/BeaulenSmith
https://www.patreon.com/BeauSmith
Check out my Webnovel
https://www.webnovel.com/profile/4313773437?appId=10

25