Shoot me.
280 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

David rolled his shoulders a bit, his shoulders cracking as he stood without his shirt and in only shorts.

As he stretched he cracked his neck before he spoke.

''Clear down range.''

Suddenly there was a thunderous sound before what looked to be a liquid metal suddenly expanded across his skin, covering his vitals first before then quickly expanding over his body.

A massive round ricocheted off his right abdomen with enough force to cause him to slide back a few feet.

''Love me a woman who will shoot me without hesitation,'' David growled out, looking down to where he was hit at the metal began to recede slowly to show a bruise forming.

<Well, you did tell me to shoot you, and who am I to not follow an order from my hot hunk of a walking tank?> Rebecca almost purred over the call.

There was a hearty laugh from the call as well before Maine whistled out. 

<Damn David, you really tanked a Grad round with ease, and this is something we can all have?> Maine

David began to walk back over to the garage base, they may have 'moved' on from being just a normal crew, but this garage was still a great place to fool around in, even if fooling around meant firing high-grade caliber at David.

''Yeah, minor implants around certain parts of the body, those with cyberwear will have it easier since we can just directly put the fluid into them. Samus will need the implants though.''

<I can see a bruise forming, did it hurt?> Dorio asked through the group call.

''Like getting a right hook in the gut, it can suppress small arms fire quite easily, but tanking a round like that will still hurt.''

<When compared to suffering from a gut punch, and a bullet tearing through me like swiss cheese, I think I'd go for the punch.> Falco chuckled.

David now entered into the range of everyone else, dropping the call. Lucy walked over to check on his abdomen and vitals with the new bio-scanners her eyes had implemented. 

Everyone now had them, some at different 'grades' than others. David had the most advanced ones since they could even detect minute details in someone's facial features, heartbeat, and even changes of chemicals they released since David had created something, something that was broken when compared from game logic to real-life logic.

CASIE

Computer Assisted Social Interaction Enhancer. This allowed him to know exactly what to say when he needed to, by having Bast assist him in real-time response.

That wasn't even the worst part

He also made a Dialectric Enhancer that allowed him to directly dominate conversations by releasing bursts of chemicals into the air around him, and the only reason he had even managed to make something so powerful was through the use of nanites.

Since with the right materials they could make these chemicals and release them, and have a stock ready whenever he wanted to... Persuade someone kindly, was easy enough to do.

''And what did you call it?'' Kiwi asked as she examined him as well from more of a distance.

''Titan, because it seems fitting.'' David said as he grabbed his shirt from the table with a few guns laid across it, pulling it over his head.

''And it isn't counted as a cyberwear?'' Maine spoke up from his seat beneath the table umbrella, taking a drink from his beer.

''More so an augmentation but yes, it isn't counted as a cyberwear.'' David confirmed as he dusted his shirt off, his skin rapidly healing out of view as his nanites worked.

''What's the catch?'' Samus asked, despite already knowing what it was.

''It requires 'Energy', or fuel to operate at full capacity.'' David said as he went over to Bast's open trunk, pulling out what looked to be a normal stim, however, it had a blue liquid in it.

''It can operate for smaller things, like covering the throat, heart, or small areas without any energy, but you would only need to top up every month or so.'' David stated as he injected it directly into his wrist. With a quick hiss, that was all it took.

''Is the liquid... Energy, dangerous?'' Dorio asked curiously.

''Not at all, it is bioenergy, basically, stuff we're already made out of, released on a constant basis. Just concentrated on the augmentation. Even if you have no augmentation to have the energy be used on, your body will naturally get better. Healing faster, operating better.''

''David, when did you turn into a snake oil peddler?'' Falco chuckled as he examined one of the fluids as David took them out of the trunk.

''When I realized that this is basically a protein shake, but better and more natural.'' David chuckled with a shake of his head.

Dorio took one of the stim and did the same as David had done, injected it into her wrist.

Her eyes flashed a few times, her cyberwear catching up to the sudden boost in power before she shook her head letting out a whistle. ''Holy shit...''

''Ah, it also boosts cyberwear performance and lowers the possibility of going... crazy, if you catch my drift.'' David grinned that old snake oil-type grin.

''Wait... I thought they didn't really have a way to do that?'' Dorio asked, David had long since explained that what he injected Maine with wasn't a 'cure' per say.

But now that David had spent longer researching, and with the help of his women, and the nanites themselves getting more wrinkles in his brain, he had found a solution.

Cyberpsycosis happens when you stop feeling 'human' when your brain starts to lack that 'humanity' portion of you.

Then... Why not just make it easier to produce that feeling, the chemical needed to keep the brain steady? To make you feel a little more 'Human'.

''They didn't, not until I found one at least, long story short. When you go coco for the puffs, it's because your brain isn't registering you as a 'human' anymore, and that's not good. This stuff simply helps you avoid such a situation.'' David smiled, watching all of his crew inject themselves with one.

''So... Every month?'' Falco asked, rubbing at his neck as that's where he injected his, he hated stims.

''Until I can make it better? Every month, but that is only to keep the 'effects' active at full strength. But if it comes down to it you can wait up to two months before the effects completely expire, the crazy suppressant can last up to 6 months, as long as there is nothing that.'' David turned to look at Maine.

''Stresses, the mind.''

A few of them got a chuckle out of Maine being under a spotlight suddenly, like the bro he was he just laughed it off.

''Hey, you got me a better Sandevistan, one that won't cause me to go mental, and even has a better upkeep dilation and a few other nifty tricks!''

''Is anyone else on this stuff?'' Pillar asked, his golden fingers wiggling as he felt that new boost, like a drug that wasn't addicting but felt just as good.

''Rogue, I'm wondering if prolonged exposure can restore youth.'' David admitted, getting Falco to laugh out loud.

'You really are a peddler! What can't this thing do?''

''Cure cancer.'' David added bluntly, everyone turning to look at him.

''David. There already is a cure for cancer?'' Samus stated, unsure if this was a joke or not, always hard to tell when David looked so serious.

''What about Ligma cancer?'' David asked, face still straight.

Maine's brows went up before he asked. ''What's Ligma?''

----------------------------------------------------------------- 

V had been working hard for multiple days, sleeping in vents, or just in Sanchez's office when she could, living on office snacks and nutrition bars David gave her, but she finally completed it, having built up a massive amount of evidence against each cop in that district, if they were good, bad, or already 'handled'.

One of the officers on vacation was actually 'taken out' because the cops with hands in their pockets didn't like their 'justice above all' pursuit of the force, and had been handled by one of the criminal gangs bribing the cops.

Now that he had everything, it was about compiling a case, for Sanchez and David's Mayor Candidate.

So the release of the case, the evidence, and the promise to 'clean' the departments fully and thoroughly would push them into the public image as saints.

Not only was the client pleased, but so was everyone in the Afterlife, accepting V as one of their own.

Nicknamed the 'Ghost' due to her frightening abilities to sneak, even able to disappear into a crowd with ease.

Something she had learned in the training simulation for fun was how to quickly 'change' disguises. Not knowing when it would come in handy, if at all. 

But it was a nice party trick that people begged her to show off. Along with her misdirection pickpocket skills.


 

 

Like it? Add to library!
Looking to support me?
paypal.me/BeaulenSmith
https://www.patreon.com/BeauSmith
Check out my Webnovel
https://www.webnovel.com/profile/4313773437?appId=10

10