Chapter 18
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Liberna)

Dexter gave Snow a warning glare as he headed back to his room to get dressed. Logically, he knew she wouldn’t do anything stupid. But still he couldn’t help worrying about her to Wren.

Pushing open the door to his bedroom, he immediately rolled his eyes at Tari who was doing stretches on the floor shirtless, “can’t you do that in the guest room?” Dexter muttered, heading for his dresser.

“I wanted to say sorry about your friend’s parents,” Tari said, pausing in his stretching as he followed Dexter with his eyes. 

Dexter pulled out the second drawer from the top with a harsh tug, “did you hurt Jardin?”

“No.”

Dexter pulled out a shirt and put it on, “then it’s fine, he’ll get over it.”

Dexter crouched down to open the bottom drawer and grab some pants when he saw something strange out of the corner of his eye. Turning to face it, he watched as a person suddenly appeared from thin air and fell onto his bed.

*

Dexter would tell me if... he had a girlfriend... right? Was Wren’s first thought upon seeing the beautiful women in lingerie in his apartment. Then he felt bad for not keeping his thoughts focused on Jardin. Then...

Maybe she is just a family friend... She seems a bit old for him...

Wren kept his eyes respectively off to the side and pursed his lips as he thought. The woman didn’t move, just watching him from inside. The flower pot was growing heavy in his arms but he figured it would be awkward to put it down now.

She’s also way out of his league... and not quite his type...

When he decided, amidst the awkward silence, that she was most definitely wasn’t Dexter’s girlfriend, Dexter returned, looking even paler than normal.

“Let’s go.”

Wren started to follow behind Dexter, still holding the flower pot before realizing and jogging back to put it down and finally follow Dexter to see Jardin.

0