Chapter 9
1.5k 6 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lida could only follow in, embarrassed that it had been found out so quickly. She didn't know what her child wanted to do with the little white wolf outside, so she kept quiet, not saying a word.

Sedraa calmed down and remembered that the black wolf was a cruel monster. She was rash to lose her senses around her. Gathering the courage she walked into the place that had haunted her dreams for months. Seeing that the place was much tidier made her feel a little better. If it had been the same scene as that day, she might’ve broken down by now. However she could only look at the culprit that hadn't even given her a glance and quiet her terrified heart before whispering.

"I..I'm pr..pregnant"

Lida was shocked by the little white wolf's words. She didn't expect that the only day the child spent with her would be enough to impregnate her, but after hearing it she completely understood the situation. She didn't believe Sedraa could come here on her own accord. However, if she was pregnant that's a whole different story. A pregnant wolf needs the bond of the father of the child, otherwise it can cause great harm to the mother and child. Although her husband didn't treat her kindly, he was at least there so that she could rely on him to complete the bond during her pregnancies. Although he was there much less for the second and third child, but that's a story for another time.

Arzhen gazed at the little white wolf with her piercing eyes. She didn't have any feelings for her. In fact she just used her to vent her resentment towards the tribe that abandoned her. However she felt a little strange for this unexpected child. Growing up alone she's always wanted a family, people that will stay with her, both reliant and supportive. She didn't know how she should deal with this situation, so she remained silent. 

Over the month Lida has been with her daughter, she has been able to figure out a little bit of her temperament. Seeing that she was at a loss as to how to proceed, she decided to try and see if her child could listen to her suggestion. She looked towards her child and spoke gently. 

"A pregnant wolf needs the bond of the other parent of the child, otherwise it could bring great danger to both the mother and child. Since Sedraa  arrives your child, how about letting her stay here?" 

After speaking she was a little worried. She didn't want her child to think that she would start imposing control over her. 

Luckily Lida didn't have to worry too much about that. Arzhen looked at her mother and saw her worry and felt amused. 

" Have I not treated her well in this time? She's still so careful around me", Arzhen thought in a self deprecating way. 

She turned away from the both of them and said in an indifferent voice, before beginning to divide up the prey. 

"Stay if you want to stay. Leave if you want to leave. It doesn't matter to me". 

The two wolves couldn't tell who this was addressed to. So they could only peek at each other a little nervously. They both walked over to the black wolf who was focusing on the prey in front of her, laying on either side. 

Although Arzhen's face didn't change, she was happy with their choice. These two would be her women in the future, she only needed them to treat her kindly and she would take care of the rest. Dividing up the prey, she gave equal amounts to the two wolves while she ate a little less. 

Lida was happy to see that her child didn't favour Sedraa over her. The little jealousy in her heart replaced with satisfaction. 

Sedraa was a little more cautious. She didn't want to anger the black wolf, so she bowed her head and ate the meal silently. 

Arzhen took them both to the bed and though the two little wolves were showing some awkwardness towards each other, she didn't seem to feel it. She made them huddle together before wrapping herself around the both of them. 

Sedraa was very nervous to be in the presence of the black wolf, thinking that she wouldn't be able to sleep tonight, but after being brought together with Linda, she couldn't help but shut her eyes. Today had taken too much out of her and she just wanted to rest. 

Lida knew what her daughter wanted, and she was happy to get along with Sedraa. So without waiting for instructions she comforted the tired white wolf. Feeling her child's large body resting behind them, she also entered her dreamland. 

Arzhen looked over the two little wolves acting as a silent sentinel. She didn't know what a normal family should be like, but she didn't mind this strange arrangement. Lowering her head and licking the faces of the two little wolves, she felt a new feeling. A feeling of dependence from them. She had never needed to be depended on before. The feeling made her excited, though with her always calm face the two wolves would probably never guess. 

Arzhen kept staring at the two before reluctantly closing her eyes. She hoped that her sleep would be quick and she could welcome the morning immediately. 

The night in the valley is quiet and calm. A rare tranquillity in this aggressive world. The three wolves may have different thoughts about the situation, but now they slumber together in the den, comforting each other with their presence. 

Sedraa's parents were not so comfortable. They were worried about their daughter being in the hands of that monster. However they knew that if they went, it might be even more detrimental to the situation. Knowing from the scouts that Lida was seen hunting with the monster, they thought about sending someone over to assess the situation of their daughter.

They knew that her husband didn't treat her well, and her children weren't very filial, but they could only think of sending one of them over. They put their mind on the daughter. Sending a male wolf would be a provocation in itself, maybe the monster could spare her sister just as she had Lida. With a consensus reached, they fell into an uneasy rest. 

50