Chapter 12
1.4k 5 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rin wanted to run as soon as she saw the monster the tribe talked about. If she didn't know any better, she would've thought this behemoth in front of her was some terror that had crawled its way out of the stories the women of the tribe used to tell to frighten the children. Unfortunately this is her nominal sister, but she doubts that the monster in front of her will truly treat her as family.

Remembering what her father had said her task was, she felt there was very little hope. She decided to be truthful lest the beast tear her to shreds for deceiving her.

"I'm Rin. I've been sent by the tribe to help relay news to them about the situation here". Rin felt quite proud that she didn't stammer out of fright, but when she saw a grin on the monster's face, she seemed to be doused with cold water.

"Did you think after saying that I'd happily invite you in?" Arzhen's voice resounded powerfully into the young wolf's ears.

Rin could feel a deep sense of fear coursing up her spine. Her body was telling her that she needed to escape, but her mind logically opposed it. She knew that if she even tried to run, her fate would not be pleasant.

Arzhen had been playing with this 'sister' of hers for a while, but she could still feel the uneasy breath of her mother who was standing close to the entrance. She didn't feel satisfied yet, however she didn't want to make the always gentle woman angry because of this. So she put away the malicious grin and returned to her original indifference.

"Since you've come, there's no reason to go back empty handed. They want to know what's happening here? Go ahead and tell them everything then".

Rin didn't understand what the monster was implying, but seeing as she could live to breathe another day, she didn't bother to question it. It wasn't until she came into the den that she answered her earlier doubt herself.

Although she hasn't been engaged yet. She is almost at the age of marriage, and naturally her mother has taught her some knowledge about what will happen with her future husband. So when she smelled the domineering scent of the monster on her mother she had already guessed something unbelievable.

Rin saw her mother's dodging glance and knew that what she had just thought was the truth. She couldn't believe that her mother would do something like this. Even though she knew her mother wasn't happy with her father, she never thought that her mother would cuckold her own father, with their daughter.

Rin felt her head was dizzy, and she was in a state of anger and disbelief. She wanted to shout at her mother, to ask her why she would do such a disgusting thing. But what right does she have to do that? She was also one of the reasons her mother chose to leave. The last two months have shown her how difficult her mother's life was. Only when she actually experienced what her mother had been doing, did she understand the amount of patience and perseverance she had. So how dare she question her mother's choices? Even if they are unacceptable.

She had a complicated expression, but she still called out to her mother.

"I've missed you mum". Those words weren't a lie. In the months since her mother has been missing, Rin has felt too lonely. She used to talk to her mother everyday, but it's only when you've lost something do you realise how important it was.

Lida looked at her daughter who hadn't exposed the matter of her eldest sister and herself and felt surprised. If this was before, she would've rushed up to question her angrily. Although she was very disappointed by her family, but her daughter was born from her. How could she not want to see her own child again. She walked over to Rin and pulled her into a loving embrace while whispering.

"I've missed you so much, Rin. I'm very happy to see you".

Although Rin felt uncomfortable with the breath of the monster emanating from her mother, but feeling the long lost affection, she chose to ignore it.

Arzhen and Sedraa watched the loving reunion from  the side. Sedraa felt a little homesick when seeing the mother and daughter. However she needs the constant aura of the black wolf, so she can only stay in the den until the child is born. She understood that her father must have come up with this idea. Knowing that her parents were worried made Sedraa feel very warm in her heart. She thought that staying here would be like entering a nightmare. However she was surprised to find that it wasn't as bad as she had assumed. Although she doesn't have too much interaction with the black wolf, because of the intervention of Lida, they can speak cordially. Sedraa felt that Lida's gentle nature was able to calm the monstrous nature of the black wolf.

Arzhen on the other hand felt something very different. A vicious jealousy surged through her mind. She kept thinking that if this sister of hers didn't exist, maybe her mother would give her more attention. It wasn't until the three little wolves felt the murderous aura of the black wolf that Arzhen managed to sober up. Seeing them looking at her, Arzhen could only pretend that nothing happened. She went and laid down, closing her eyes as if she was tired and wanted to rest.

Rin and Sedraa were still trying to understand why the black wolf let out that terrifying aura, but Lida understood. She knew that her child, although she acted heartless and cruel, felt a little inferior. She grew up by herself, surviving with her own cunning, but she longed for someone to protect her and love her. It was because she knew this, that Lida couldn't deny her child's outrageous requests. The fact that she enjoyed them is another matter, but she knew what her daughter had just felt was probably jealousy. She had noticed her child's strangeness since she mentioned who was coming. Although she was a little worried, it would cause her child more dissatisfaction if she said it aloud. So she could only keep the worries in her heart. 

47