Chapter 14
1.3k 9 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few days going back and forth, Arzhen saw the attitude of her 'sister'. She knew that she wasn't coming on her own prerogative, and she must've been very helpless to the situation, so she put away her vigilance.

She was asked by Rin about what the chieftain wanted to know. Arzhen knew this was going to happen, and she didn't feel any real need to hide it. She wanted Rin to relay to the chieftain that just because she took the initiative to attack the hyena tribe, doesn't mean she was willing to fight for the wolf tribe. 

The chieftain had already guessed this was the case, however he was relieved to know that the monster wasn't showing any animosity towards the tribe. It was clear to him that if they didn't attack her first, she wouldn't look for trouble from them. 

Weeks passed for the wolf tribe in such a calm manner, however there was always a sense of anxiety, as if something was brewing. What is to come, will always come. 

The chieftain received news that the lions envoy had appeared at the border of the tribe. He knew this day was coming, but he still hoped to be able to postpone it a while longer. The lion tribe had long shown its ambition to take over the wolves. What's worse is that the envoy that came this time was one he knew very well. 

The son of the lion king, Redaln. He was a brutal lion that enjoyed inflicting the most cruel and vicious acts onto his victims as possible. His methods were so abhorrent, that only by the lion King's favour could he even be allowed to maintain his position as heir to the lion tribe. He also showed unrelenting interest in Sedraa, which made the chieftain wish to tear him apart. 

This was one of the reasons he wanted Sedraa to be engaged sooner, because even though the wolves were only a shadow of the past, he knew the lion king wouldn't destroy the peace while his territory was unstable. However seeing Redaln being sent here now, it's expected what kind of concessions would be asked for. The chieftain was a little worried. Now that his daughter is pregnant, Redaln will definitely look for the monster. If the monster kills Redaln, then it's certain war will need to be waged, but if the monster is killed, then his daughter will most definitely be taken away by this disgusting lion. The chieftain only felt cold sweat running down his back. 

Redaln's conceited voice rang through the cave. 

"Old wolf. Where's your daughter? You're not hiding her from me, are you? 

The chieftain felt the veins all over his body pulse with rage while listening to the hateful lion. He could only control himself and remain polite. 

"How is that possible? My daughter is with her mate". The chieftain could only throw the monster out. He knew there was no other way. Redaln wouldn't let off. If it was just a normal envoy, he could probably send out some territory and some other benefits from the few vassal tribes under his control, but this has directly cut off his back road. Based on what the sister of that monster reported, Sedraa has been treated kindly by the monster, so he will choose to keep her in the hands of a wolf that treats her well, rather than this lion known for torturing whomever he wants. 

Redaln heard the word 'mate' and almost couldn't let out a roar in astonishment. He didn't believe this cunning old wolf didn't know his interest in his daughter, but he wondered which of the wolves here was stupid enough to be engaged to her, knowing his intentions. He has long been interested in the little white wolf. She has grown up proud but weak. He has happily thought of how he would crush her pride bit by bit, humiliating her in the process. Although he has no shortage of playthings, Sedraa was a special existence among them. Seeing the wolf tribe slowly losing its status among the strongest, he knew that the day he was hoping for was almost in sight,but now he hears that she belongs to someone else, how can he not be furious? 

"Oh is that so? Where is this 'mate'? I have to see just who managed to steal the heart of little Sedraa" the voice sprayed out through gritted teeth. 

The chieftain finally felt a little joy hearing Redaln try to keep his composure. 

"Her mate is the strongest wolf in the tribe. They live over in the valley. She has to stay over there since she's pregnant now". The chieftain said with a hint of gloating. 

Redaln was on the verge of losing control. Not only was the plaything that he wanted snatched by others, but now she was also impregnated by some pathetic little wolf? Where does this put his pride? Redaln tried his best to calm himself. Remembering what the chieftain said, the strongest wolf? Was it the wolf that slaughtered the hyena tribe? 

He didn't think the hyenas were much of a threat, but killing them all single-handedly is a little troublesome. However he couldn't just back down, he knew the old wolf was goading him into a fight, but he truly wanted to see if this wolf could live up to its reputation. His father had already ordered him to figure out how terrifying this warrior was, so he'll take this damned old wolf's bait, and see how the old thing cries when his daughter is begging for mercy at his hands. Thinking of that scene, Redaln couldn't help but let out a lascivious grin. 

"The strongest wolf? I'd love to see how powerful he is to have such a title". 

The chieftain said "If you're that interested. I can lead you there. However I have to warn you, this wolf is a little territorial. I don't want you to be harmed just because you were curious". 

Redaln could only push the hatred from the old man onto that warrior wolf. He hoped that the wolf could hold up to the hype, otherwise he would have to vent this rage on someone else, maybe a certain little white wolf. After all, he can't have his possession carrying another man's seed. 

"Let's go". 

43