Chapter 1. Bad day
2.5k 2 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author:

Before starting reading, I would also like to invite you to familiarize yourself with my author's work "The Path of Omniscience", where the main character is not a person, he is cold and insensitive to everything.

 

=========================================================

 

A middle-aged man walked briskly along the white and clean corridor. He was wearing a white lab coat and was holding a black briefcase. His face was average except for the piercing green eyes. Neatly combed black hair already had a little gray. At the moment, his face was calm, but there was irritability in the depths.

 

"These moneybags think I don't understand what they want to do. Do they really think I won't understand their further actions? If you are the first to break the contract, then I will not abide by it either."

 

With a contemptuous smile, he cast a fleeting glance at the suitcase. As one of the leading geneticists of his country, Franz was invited to work in a new government program that, for the masses, was studying the genome of various mutated people.

 

In fact, these experiments related to the official name only relatively. Mutants were people who, thanks to unknown mutations, acquired certain abilities. Some people had a stronger physique, others had a perfect memory.

 

Unfortunately, these mutations brought not only advantages, but also disadvantages, most of the abilities had extreme side effects. A person with a stronger physique, because of the rapid cell division, did not live long and died. Another person who had a perfect memory, memorizing every moment of his life, cannot contain the information received in the brain and at the end of his life goes crazy from headaches.

 

Franz himself did not have a qualitatively pronounced mutation, which on the one hand upset, on the other encouraged. When he finished his education and started working, observing a variety of different mutations, a previously unknown feeling of incompleteness and a desire to become more perfect awoke in him. This inoculated him to study mutated people, which in turn attracted the attention of the government to his person.

 

The government itself wanted to have people with certain abilities at its disposal, and some of them themselves would not mind mastering some mutation.

 

At that time, Franz and a representative of the authorities concluded an agreement that they would supply him with the necessary, and upon completion of the creation of the mutagen, they would allow him to become one of the mutants.

 

Unfortunately, recently, in an unknown way, information about his and the government's experiments on people was leaked to the network. This information shocked citizens, especially mutants, on whom experiments were conducted to a greater extent.

 

Seeing where the situation was going, the government, no matter how stupid it sounded, began to shift the blame to Franz. And the crowd, which has no common sense, under the control of several leaders, moved straight to the laboratory, where, in their opinion, the main culprit is located.

 

Realizing his hopelessness, Franz took the last sample of the mutagen and burned all the documentation, decided to run.

 

Going down in the elevator, Franz took out his phone and dialed the number of his trusted driver and part-time bodyguard. Putting the phone to his ear, he heard several phone rings, after which a slightly nervous voice came out of it.

 

- Yes, Chief?

 

- Have you prepared the car?

 

- Yes, I'm already waiting for you in the underground parking lot.

 

- OK. I'll be there in a few minutes, get ready.

 

- That's right, Chief.

 

After disconnecting, Franz put the phone back in his pocket. The passing of time put a little pressure on him, as it meant that the crowd, among which there are several quite serious-minded elements, was approaching. But soon the bell rang for the arrival of the elevator, and the door opened, opening a passage to the underground parking lot.

 

Quickly running out of the elevator, Franz ran through a small corridor, went straight to the luxury car in front of him, driven by a rather large middle-aged man.

 

Jumping into the back seat right behind the driver, Franz strapped himself in and told the driver to go. Pressing the pedal, the car started from the spot, quickly leaving the several-level underground parking.

 

Having driven a considerable distance from the laboratory, Franz, sitting in the back seat and holding the suitcase tightly, watched as an angry crowd approached the building from all sides in the distance. Soon he saw how some people from the crowd began to break windows and run inside, destroying everything in their path.

 

Sighing, Franz turned away and began to think about some of the problems that had arisen.

 

"Are these moneybags so uninterested in this serum? No, definitely not, they would definitely like to have her for themselves. But then why did they hang all the dogs on me?"

 

Suddenly, his face distorted first in understanding, then, disbelief came to replace it.

 

"These fools think that the formula is already complete! How could I forget about those lab technicians sneaking around everywhere. These, these not very intelligent people probably imagined that the mutagen was already completed and passed this information to the government. But why all this circus with the crowd? Did they not share something among themselves?"

 

At that moment, Franz, already tired of questions, noticed a magazine lying next to him. This distracted him from his thoughts and after looking closely, he noticed that it was not a magazine, but a Naruto manga he had recently forgotten in the car, which he decided to read in his spare time.

 

Reading a variety of fantasy books and watching anime in his spare time was something like a break from work for Franz. He watched the Naruto anime as a child, and only recently, after reviewing it at a more conscious age, decided to read the manga.

 

Sighing and turning to the window, he saw the car moving at a fairly fast speed along the central highway. There were multi-storey houses at the bottom of the road along the edges, and a little further there was a private sector with many houses of the same type.

 

At that moment, looking at the multi-storey building, Franz noticed something flashed on its roof. Before he could react, he heard the armored side window on the front driver's seat crack with a penetrating sound.

 

Turning his head, Franz saw blood flying through the cabin and realizing what had happened, he immediately ducked. The car, having lost the driver, skidded and flew right sideways into the concrete divider.

 

Consciousness came slowly and, opening his heavy eyelids, Franz slowly looked around. He felt pain in his legs and chest, his breathing was difficult, slowly looking around, the first thing he looked at was the suitcase, which remained in his hands, but then he saw a rather sad picture for him.

 

Thanks to the airbag built into the door, his upper half of his body survived, which cannot be said about his legs below the knee, which, as he saw, were clamped in an abundance of metal.

 

Suddenly, as if this was not enough, he felt a burnt smell hit his nose, which slowly began to enter the salon. This saddened him even more, the only hope he had left was that his life was needed by the people who shot at the car. Although the probability of this was close to zero.

 

Suddenly, several machine gun bursts were heard nearby, and then another and another. These shots were heard from different directions and Franz assumed that these were two different groups.

 

The longer the shootout lasted, the more desperate Franz's mood became. He could no longer breathe, and he could see the fire slowly penetrating into the cabin.

 

Interrupting in sad reflections, his gaze came across a suitcase. Immediately, a long-standing thought flashed through his mind. After cleaning the bloody finger on the suit, Franz applied it to the fingerprint detector. A beep sounded from the briefcase and the lock opened with a click.

 

Having opened the suitcase completely, a small injector appeared in front of Franz, neatly fixed in a suspended state with the help of fasteners. Reaching out and taking it out of the fastenings, Franz held the injector in front of his eyes, froze for a few seconds in thought, but sighing and deciding, he put it to his neck. Frozen for a moment, he pressed the button.

 

The injection was painless and after removing the injector, Franz relaxed. But it didn't last long, he felt the heat spread through his body. Unfortunately, this was just the beginning, after a few seconds he was pierced by incredible headaches. Franz's body began to convulse and, unable to stand it, he lost consciousness.

 

43