Catching up(2)
386 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"There are of course more benefits than this available to each of you however those are case specific to your familiar. for example it is possible to acquire some abilities of your familiar through the bond you share or even traits specific to them. i myself gained an extra durable skin that is coated in a flexible but strong layer of material causing my own defense outside of my aura shield to increase greatly." he paused so this information could sink in. it may have seemed like leon told them a weakness of his but since he didn't state what that material was in addition to his aura shield meant that he actually didn't.

"todays lesson is for each of you to try and discover what these extra benefits that you got from your familiars are. i will of course be making rounds to help those who may not have any easily identifiable benefits." leon said seriously. "that said i have commandeered the sim chamber for the day in order to give all of you suitable environments to test your theories." he said pointing to the large building in question.

The whole group followed leon over to large silver building in awe as they have heard about this building before before they left their own academies. it was a facility that invoked envy in all the other academies thanks to the fact it was only possible because of the very person leading them to it. as leon had explained before the knowledge of him being the founder and ceo of titan corp as well as a genius inventor was public knowledge. the fact that he was a very powerful hunter as well was merely icing on the cake as far as the foreign students were concerned.

When the group entered the building they were surprised to see that at first glance the huge interior was entirely smooth and empty. this changed to awe however as leon began speaking into the air in an authoritarian manner and the building shifted as transformed to accomplish his demands. the room had changed in mere moments into a weird agglomeration of different natural environments and even had and area for weight lifting as well as a pool of non chemical filled water in case one of them got waterbreathing. it was barely noticed by anyone but neptune had stiffened slightly at the large pool of water while his familiar seemed excited at the sight.

It was very well hidden but neptune was terrified of large bodies of water and he had a sneaking suspicion that the benefit of his own familiar was ironically water related. the reason for this was because his familiar was a dirty brown and grey fish with slate blue fins roughly a little larger than a football. leon had identified this creature as the pokemon feebas that was a humble creature which evolved into one of the most beautiful pokemon milotic. it was also definitively a water type creature which was doubly ironic for neptune who was afraid of the water and was pretty narcissistic.

"All righty then everyone try and figure out what benefit your bond has brought with the various areas in this room and remember that if you truly can't think of anything to come see me so i can help." leon said while taking a seat on a nearby boulder. the group scattered towards whatever area they thought might be useful. some of the benefits were discovered pretty easily such as the increased strength given to the partner of the behemoth. some of the others were much harder to figure out however such as the benefit that sun's abra gave him.

His benefit was actually an increased intellect that he only noticed after someone was trying to figure out the upper limit of their benefit and he did the multiplication near instantly. through all of this however neptune had not left the starting area and was trying to pass off exercise as experimenting. leon noticed the looks the boy kept giving the pool however and figured out the problem with his actions thanks to neptune's feebas looking at the water longingly.

How did leon decide to fix this problem , with a hard toss from behind. quite a few people stopped what they were doing when neptune screamed like a little girl as he flew through the air straight towards the pool. it was rather entertaining to see neptune thrashing about and still screaming after sinking to the bottom of the pool despite the fact that it was clear he was fine. in fact neptune hadn't even noticed how he was breathing without any trouble at all at the bottom of the body of water while his familiar looked embarrassed at him nearby in the same pool.

_____________________________________________

My p@treon is listed under my pen name : loskro if you are having trouble finding it. patreon.com/user?u=81578854

16