Barren hellscape
182 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How surprising , it took me a few centuries to figure out how to do this." salem said calmly before teleporting the entire group at once. leon noted that unlike his method salem's was more rough around the edges , likely because of the structure that the infernal script gave the spell. if you were to ask which version was more impressive then leon would hands down give it to salem however as he was VERY clear what was needed to pull it off by ones self. not only would you need a fuckton of energy but you would also need elevation , coordinates , planetary rotation and even splinching protection.

Splinching for those not aware is the term for when you teleport and lose a body part in the process. when leon first created his method of teleportation he didn't realize this would be a problem until he arrived at his destination without his lower half. leon immediately worked on adding protection into the spell after that incident so he could only imagine the kind of suffering salem had to go through to figure it out. though he also noticed that she said it took her a few centuries to figure it out which if she wasn't lying told leon that she was actually only about as smart as ruby.

This wasn't to say this wasn't pretty good since ruby had skipped two whole years of school to join beacon academy that only took the cream of the crop to begin with. but compared to the monstrous level of intellect of the sharingan enhanced level five leon this was a laughably small level of intelligence. the falna didn't actually directly increase someone's intellect but rather sped up how fast they could process new information and think about it.

Without a perfect memory device like the sharingan this only showed up in adventurers as an extremely fast reaction speed and control over themselves despite their super human abilities that a normal mind couldn't handle. with the sharingan however you have that exact same speed of thought as well as the massive stores of information that leon had used them to memorize. combine all these factors together with someone's innate way of thinking and you have someone with leons monstrous level of intellect. leon took a moment to adjust to his surroundings however after the teleport as he went from clean clear air to dusty and rotten air.

Besides the ominous black castle in front of the group leon could only see rocky barren red landscapes all around them along with a dark smog filled red sky over head and large bubbling black pools that grim continuously crawled out of. until now leon had taken the term "hell on earth" as a figurative thing but wherever this was apparently decided to take that VERY literal. there was no plants , no animals , just grim and desolation for as far as the eye could see save for the dark castles on the side of the cliff face ahead of the group.

The only "positive" thing about the land was the fact leon could subtly feel his sharingan improving passively from the moment they arrived. much like how his prodigious hunting efforts caused his body to be tainted with the essence of grim which was burned as fuel by his sharingan this land had the dreadful stuff infused into the very air itself and his sharingan was greedily sucking it up. unfortunately the improvement was minuscule due to both the strength of his eyes as well as the small amount of the stuff in the air.

Leon's eyes were unable to maintain their three tomoe form under this stimulation and directly reverted to the mangekyou state without his permission. this change didn't go unnoticed by salem who quickly put together the pieces to figure out that his eyes were the reason he didn't have any signs of the corruption anymore. she obviously had more bases than this one but since she knew of the essence of grim in the air she had decided that taking leon to this one to see if he had merely suppressed the corruption or not.

_____________________________________

my patrons can read an extra two chapters ahead along with using the site as a way to directly contact myself rather than needing to hope i respond to your comments.

pa treon.com/user?u=81578854

8