An unknown future
179 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When salem finally woke up she was pleasantly surprised to notice that her first thoughts weren't about death and chaos. she honestly couldn't remember the last time she had not woken up with a mind full of those ideas. "oh good you're up." leon said from next to her on the bed. "how long was i asleep?" salem asked while yawning and stretching. "not too long merely a century and some" he said causally causing her to freeze. "w-what?! was it really that long?" she asked horrified but got mad when she saw the smirk on leons face.

"That's not funny at all leon!" she said angrily while pounding on his chest with her hands. leon didn't try to stop her since she wasn't actually trying to hurt him merely venting a little. "in truth it's only been about a day , probably because you had a LOT of that stuff in you , almost like you dived into a pool of it or something." he said teasingly. salem blushed in embarrassment "it seemed like a good idea at the time!" she said defensively. leon chuckled "maybe if you hadn't neglected a tiny little detail in the wording the gods used when they cursed you , they said WE curse you not I curse you." he explained with a shrug.

Salem froze when she heard this and fell into thought before growing angry "how did i not realize that sooner!?" she said visibly upset at the suffering she went into by not paying attention to the choice of words involved in her curse. "to be fair it was a very stressful situation at the time you got your curse so you can be forgiven for not remembering such a small detail. honestly i myself wouldn't have figured it out without being told word for word of the story by ruby after she returned to vale." leon said comfortingly.

"it's strange how hard it is to control my emotions right now." salem said with tears in her eyes. "if i'm not mistaken that goo likely suppressed all of your emotions besides the negative ones and now that it's gone you are likely very rusty at controlling these ones." leon said after hearing what she said. time passed after that and another month came and went with several things happening during that time. first was that tyrian decided that leon "broke" his goddess and attacked which ended with the serial killer as a pile of ashes.

The second was that without salem ruling over them the grim around the castle turned very hostile to the people living there. leon had no problem setting up a barrier around the castle to keep them away but he needed to clear them out everyday since they gathered nearby while trying to preach the barrier. this plus his weekly hunt let leon quickly raise his stats thanks to the absolute fuckton of exp he got. by quick this is to say for a level six since after the month his stats had rose to H rank from the start of I rank.

The third thing that happened was that ozpin had personally came to verify if salem had been purified when leon had taken her out on the town in vale on her wish. the meeting of ex's was frankly rather funny as ozpin tried to act manipulative by playing on salem's old emotions only for her to completely ignore his existence. this was one of the biggest changes in salem's personality after being cleansed , she chose to drop her grudge against ozpin since he much like her was just another victim of the gods cruelty.

That single change in thoughts caused the twin gods the most anger out of all of her long lifespans actions simply because with it ozpin completely gave up on living and sealed himself away in oscar permanently. why this made them angry was because no one besides ozpin , leon and salem were capable of using the artifacts to bring them back to remnant basically meaning they had been perma banned from their own world. alex couldn't help but feel bad for them since he honestly hadn't expected leon to take this route even if it was technically one of the best for the world.

_____________________________________

my patrons can read an extra two chapters ahead along with using the site as a way to directly contact myself rather than needing to hope i respond to your comments.

pa treon.com/user?u=81578854

6