Chapter 35: Departure
693 7 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 35: Departure

Elegantly taking a sip of my tea in the morning is a hobby that I have naturally developed because of this body. Since I've been not drinking tea, when I merged with him I could feel my Alfonso ego craving for one which is normal because in his memories he daily drinks tea in the morning. However, I didn't mind since I'm able to feel comfortable while drinking one. As if I'm meditating.

With that in mind, I then took a glance at Mary.

‹By this time... A seal should've been put on her›

I muttered in my mind. After knowing a little bit about the traditions of Alfonso's family based on the memories I've acquired.

When one boy turns 13 and goes out to make a name for themselves, their maids' ranks or abilities are bound to be sealed so that the maids could not help them in their travel. They then only become a witness to their travels and are labeled as incompetent in battles. However, they can be very helpful with finances and some simple things like chores and daily needs of preparing a bath for their Lord.

‹I won't lie: I really dislike doing housework since I much prefer investing my brain and energy in challenging tasks. Something I believe to be much more crucial...›

Having finished my chai, I then slowly put it down and spoke toward Mary who is sitting on the other side of the seat.

"Have you gathered what I told you to?"

"Yes my Lord"

Without any hesitation, she then brought the papers to the front of my table.

My hand then swiftly moved as it took the papers I have made Mary gather.

"..."

Time quickly flew by. As my eyes wandered, I slowly folded the papers when I was done reading them.

It was no other but a bunch of information and a drawn map circling the destinations of where I'll go. Including the Deathbringer's hallways.

This kind of action is necessary so that nothing suspicious could arise like how did I know or how did I figure out where these places are if I have never gathered any information about them. The fact that Alfonso never explored or was curious about the outside world ever since something traumatic happened to him, it's needed to act this way. Though I won't keep on doing these in the future, I'll just let it naturally flow. Making people think that I'm diligently collecting information even without help. Slowly forming an image or illusion of me why I knew things was because I collect pieces of information.

It's so annoying after all if suddenly Mary questions why I know this and that. With these kinds of actions, I'm able to answer her quickly with something like.

'Because I gathered the information' or something like 'because I thought something is weird here and I speculated something...'

Fuck! I'm making things so complicated let's just shrug these thoughts away.

"..."

Anyway, 'HAZUJHERECS' is the place I'll be going. This is the place where one villainess I liked in the game lived.

One of my favorite characters and a person that doesn't deserve such a tragic ending.

If I'm to calculate the years before that thing happened. It should be this month. The reason why she became a villainess.

As for her origin, let's start at the beginning.

She is a commoner who resides in the town of 'HAZUJHERECS' and lives in an orphanage church. Ja-Young is a young maiden who has white hair, and blue-green eyes, wearing nun clothes. In that town, she is regarded as the most beautiful girl. In one look, people say that they immediately fall for her. If not only for her origin she could have been loved by everyone through her beauty.

Instead of love, she is directed by the women through jealousy cause of her beauty and hated by the people for she has the blood of a demon.

In this world, demi-humans, elves, and dwarves get along with humans. However, that word can't be said with the demon race.

They are after all... Tried to ensure war and conquer the world but failed multiple times. Because of the appearances of heroes.

And that blood of demons is mixed in Ja-Young. You see... Her mother fell in love with a demon, and as the story goes, it says that the demon was kind to humans. He used illusion magic to fit into human society. Lived a normal life and fell in love with a beautiful woman. That woman though gradually knew of his identity but didn't care as her love won her over. Which is Ja-Young's mother but when the day came when a wave of monsters in the forest suddenly attacked the town. That demon used himself to protect the town.

However, while protecting everyone, a dire circumstance appeared when Ja-Young who is still inside her mother's belly. Was unexpectedly chased by a huge Beast Wolf.

Because of this, the demon was forced to break his human form of illusion to regain his full power and make it in time to save the pregnant woman.

Having to reveal his true identity, he still kept protecting the people. He used all of his strength to eradicate the strong beasts until he couldn't move anymore.

Still, some casualties like the death of a civilian remained, of course, it was simply inevitable.

.

.

.

As the demon rested from being able to save most of the people, instead of being cheered on, he was instead met with the people's wrath. Blaming him for their loved one's death and the sudden attack of the wave of monsters.

"—Demon!!!"

"—Monster!!!"

Those were the words that were marked in his ears as stones were thrown at him to his death.

At that time, while the demon was being killed, Ja-Young's mother was giving birth to her inside the church. Earlier when they were saved by the demon father, he immediately put them in the church since it was the only place he could trust them with. Having a connection with them and seeing how kind they were. He thought that they could take care of his daughter.

After that, the pregnant woman begged the sisters to at least forsake her child for trying his father to save the town. Since the demon also had a connection with the nuns and priests for his kindness. They decided to protect the mother and help her.

When the people of the town started attacking the church, one nun with tremendous power silenced the people and made an oath that they will kill the child if ever she turned into an evil one

And there... She was raised by the nuns, who taught her how to be kind and all those stuff that you can imagine to discipline a child.

‹Heh... It's quite sad now that I think about it... Even their poor daughter... Guess being naive is hereditary.›

I quietly reminisced as I recalled the story of what happened to her. Before long, I then spoke to Mary,

"We should go to 'HAZUJHERECS', I plan on practicing and developing my swordsmanship there. Since that town is just near the forest filled with beasts."

After finishing my words I soon put my focus on the window as I placed my chin on my palm. Only did Mary reply.

"Yes My Lord," she said as she talked to the one managing the carriage.

.

.

.

.

Three days quickly passed from my travel before I could arrive in 'HAZUJHERECS'

With the carriage's sudden halt near the gate of the town, Mary opened the door for me and it didn't take long before I was immediately greeted by the town's cheerful cries of buying in the market. Kids chasing and playing around, people doing their duties, including other races.

Despite being a little town, it was brimful of people. Finally stepping out of the carriage, however, most of their gaze fell on me. Especially the opposite genders.

I wouldn't blame them though, it's because Alfonso's face is extremely handsome. His facial features after all didn't lack in any particular area and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the girls already fell for his face.

Despite knowing, I disregarded them as an urge inside me kicked in again.

‹These disgusting peasants! How dare they look at me that way›

A shout in my head could clearly be heard but my goals won me over since I need to find an inn that I'm comfortable with.

Thinking just how the urges would become unbearable if I just laid in a bed that's used by commoners made me anxious.

‹I should immediately find an inn so Mary could clean and change the bed sheets quickly.› I thought.

Without wasting any more time I quickly found an inn that was near the forests as Mary immediately prepared to clean the whole room and change the bedsheets with the things I have brought.

Even with her rank sealed, she is still stronger than average people, and because of her mist ability that also strengthens her physical strength. Cleaning the room for her was not a problem, in fact, it won't even break her sweat.

With that in mind, I told Mary to wait for me since I'll be going somewhere.

With my same usual dignified black suit and white gloves, I strode on my way, the difference this time though, was that I'm carrying a sword on my waist. A sword we bought while traveling. Since I still have to prove myself to my family, I was not given a choice to choose the sword that was treasured by our family.

It didn't take long for me to reach my destination though, because my inn was near it.

Walking in front of a church, I could immediately see large round arches, barrel vaults, and few windows. Moreover, the structure had a rectangular shape, and the nave made up the long, middle part of the hall. Add that up with a spacious fill of the land it owns. I then slowly halted my steps as I took a glance at the door. There, I could see the inside of an empty church and a young maiden wearing nun clothes praying in the middle facing a statue.

Filled with silence and curiosity. I decided to walk in.

But then... I felt a presence behind me.

In response, I quickly slapped the hand that was trying to reach out to me as soon as I became aware of it. Either because of the disgusting feeling of a commoner touching me or the chilling presence, I felt. With my cold gaze, I then slowly turned to face the person standing behind me.

.

.

.

.

......

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

Ja-Young's POV

Being born as a half-blooded human and a demon. I was naturally gifted with an extraordinary capacity of mana and strength caused by the demon blood in me.

In turn, however, that blood made people loathe me. Calling me I was a child of a demon.

I often asked, is being born a sin?

But no answer could be found nor do I hear the goddess's absolute and divine words. Yet that question itself proves that I am a sin for being born. After all, why would people continuously utter that I shouldn't have existed?

Why would they utter that I should just die?

Despite that... The church took care of me and protected me. And I'll be forever grateful and in debt to them.

I did sometimes blame my parents as to why they gave birth to me. I even thought of maybe I should have just killed myself. But... Such thoughts of mine were dissipated when I realized what the church has done to me. A sense of duty of paying them back brimmed inside me.

"..."

Losing count of the days that passed.

Another day has come again. Repeating the same routine of praying inside the church in front of a goddess's statue every morning, and night.

With my eyes closed, I wholly devoted my life in praying over and over again to the goddess, the nuns, and the priests who raised and helped me. Thanking them a million times that I couldn't even count how much I have repeated them.

This kind of routine was already engraved in me since I was still younger that even though my knees bled and felt numb from praying. I continued.

The things they have done to me were something I could never be able to pay back. What I'm doing is not even counted as enough.

With such thoughts, I soon bowed once again in front of the statue when suddenly,

Slap!

I heard a slap.

Hi guys~ hope you enjoyed it. As always I'm open for any criticism. Btw I just wanna say that I'm editing the past chapter:

13-19 probably (because most of my readers there got furious. I'm gonna fix it so that no more furious readers come in the future. Not yet fixed but I'll let you guys know if I have fixed it)

34