Chapter 3: Journey
2.9k 4 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: Journey

30 minutes have passed while I'm riding in the carriage. Soon a huge gate emerged in the view with my head outside from the window. It was the gate of the territory of the Lopez family.

Beside my carriage were knights riding horses, I looked at their status earlier and their strengths are in the master category and above average rank. Levels don't show for them except for me, I don't know what level should I need, to reach those ranks as I level up since the system is a little different than in the game. That's what I know so far. There might be new things that'll appear in the future.

In the mortal realm, there are 6 ranks of strength.

-Low -Average -Above average -Master -Grand Master -Legend

Obviously, Legend is the highest of them all. Even though you have reached the Legend strength, that doesn't mean you'll also be good at fighting it just means you are strong. So if you fought a grandmaster with experience while you being a Legend has none, you'll be utterly crushed!

The strength here doesn't mean you'll become invincible you'll also need to be good at fighting or else you'll be killed even if that is an above-average rank person. The benefit though is that your youth will stay, just like Alfonso's father. He looked young even though he is 39 years old. I haven't seen yet his stats since I immediately went out in my way to hunt but yeah, I think this year his 39.

So rather than focusing on improving my strength or rank, I should focus on improving my skills first. And along the way try to level up. Though, if a Legend has experience in fighting and is very skilled... Master and below ranks would be of no match. It's like comparing the earth and the sky. It would be like squashing an ant!

I mean, how can a person reach the legend rank if that certain someone didn't have experience? Unless that person used pills. The downside for that though is that it would be incomplete and not as strong as the true Legend, but you can still keep your youth because of it.

But as I thought of that, I then turned my head toward the maid in front of me, Mary, and peeked through her stats. I could still feel the hate lingering around me when I look at her but I shrugged it off.

==============================

|Name: Mary Tolentino|

-Age: 22

-Rank: Legend

==============================

‹Jesus... She's a Legend?› I muttered inwardly with surprise.

‹Is, not her talent wasted from Alfonso then?› I pondered but soon shrugged it off.

‹Well, not like it matters, I'll just use her then for my own good.›

Thoughts aside, it's quite surprising that only a little bit of information was shown right?

I'm not sure but maybe probably once my rank is higher I might see more of her stats.

But while I was in deep thought staring at Mary, she raised her left eyebrow in confusion. Without me noticing it. But I soon turned my gaze outside the window.

.

.

.

When we finally arrived inside a huge gate. "Wow..." I muttered nonchalantly but my eyes were glimmering with astonishment.

The medieval structure of houses made me shiver in nostalgia, the thing that I wanted to be on when I was in my past life made me sad since the old times can never be gotten back. But my god!

Look at this! I'm experiencing it and witnessing this fantasy shit. There are even knights walking, probably hunters too that join guild, merchants!

Too many to mention but it's amazing as heck! And oh~

A freaking demi-human? There are even humans with cat ears?

I then stared at the human with cat ears in interest.

‹Now that I have seen those demi-humans, thinking about it there are actually different kinds of races in the game.

I wonder what elves look like? Also... I think there are demons too... yeah how could I forget that race...

But witnessing these demi-humans is something to behold of! I guess a lotta weaboos would love to experience this.› I thought as I chuckled inside. Even though I was grinning internally, I maintained a sophisticated appearance. My eyes though were as bright as day, and they sparkled with joy.

‹Seriously... This body always wants to look perfect.› I added and started to mesmerize again the beauty of the city or whatever it's called.

However, while I was in a daze with my surroundings, I soon turned my face and gazed at Mary. Because a notification from the system suddenly popped out again.

[Ding!]

[Congratulations! You have slightly changed your image toward Mary]

{+5 points}

I was surprised since I was not doing anything.

But when I looked at her, my brain stopped functioning in confusion. Mary's red lips curled to that of a faint smile, but soon after she saw my gaze, her smile instantly vanished and her face contained no more emotions. You can't even tell anymore if a woman like her could even smile.

I'm seriously taken aback because of how breathtakingly natural of a beauty she was, and also because I don't know what's the reason she was faintly smiling.

‹What the hell?› I questioned inside. But before I could process and think of a reason why. The carriage suddenly halted in front of a wealthy-looking mansion and there a little blonde girl was standing in front with her red outfit for hunting, alongside her was a maid.

"Valentina..." I muttered quietly as I gazed at the slender figure of the beautiful little girl and soon felt my heart flutter.

"???" I groaned inwardly because the feeling I was feeling is not mine but rather Alfonso's. It's obvious now. And I have long come to the conclusion that I... Merged with Alfonso, I'm neither Alfonso nor... me right now.

Don't know how to explain it. But after I touched the maid and felt the urge of perfecting everything that doesn't fit my taste. I knew that I've become him yet still me.

‹I don't care though if I will die from anxiety but I would never trample on my values and principles. That prime example is what I did earlier with the maid.› I pondered and soon saw a slender figure go inside, it was Valentina and her personal maid.

106