Chapter 4: Journey
2.7k 9 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4: Journey

In the faraway place, where Alfonso's territory reigned. A neighboring territory is also owned by the family name Lopez. And it's where Alfonso currently staying, inside a carriage.

When they got inside my carriage, I saw a beauty of a girl with green emerald eyes. Her slender body and breast that's just starting to mature, and her fluttering blonde hair would make any boys drool at her. Or to be precise, be someone's crush! No wonder Alfonso fell from her.

Pale skin, the same color as snow, combined with her red fantasy suit similar to games I played in the past. A little bit of protection here and there and a black belt wrapped around her waist. There are also black boots she's wearing.

‹She's really into this huh...› I muttered inwardly.

I can't help but think that there's a lot of beauty here lol. Well, I've seen the future image of this woman in the game and I'm not gonna lie but she's hot as fuck. Though I'm not the type of person who'll get horny and simp over someone like her or be like some shit who will groom her. I've dealt with girls too, before in my past life.

It's not like Alfonso will be who she will end up with. Heck! She even killed him.

I already got a glimpse that she already hates me after looking at her impression and the way she crossed her legs as she sat beside me. Her maid even glared at me with both of their hands folded.

‹Sigh~ might as well just null the engagement. But it's not that simple. It's a pain in the ass that I have to bear the consequences of this body.›

Soon as I was pondering, the carriage then started to move.

I then first checked Valentina and the maid beside what are their stats.

==============================

|[Valentina Lopez]|

Age: 13

Rank: Above average

==============================

==============================

|[Christine Naoe]|

Age: 29

Rank: Average

==============================

As I looked at their stats, I was kinda surprised since Valentina is much stronger than me and her maid.

I guess she brought her maid along for some help, to be honest, I don't know the reason. But now that I remember, a friend knight should always be by her side.

I then turned my gaze at the young knight riding a horse who seemed like he just arrived and then I peeked at his stats.

==============================

|[Name: Kevin Caoile]|

Age: 16

Rank: Master

==============================

‹No wonder...›

Valentina wouldn't just take some weak maid to protect her. I'm one to talk when I'm weaker than her maid.

But putting those asides, the knight is really talented, at such a young age he is already a master.

I wonder how even Alfonso killed this knight?

Then suddenly I remembered. ‹Ah! Yes... I think Alfonso used dark magics...›

The reason why I'm surprised earlier that Valentina is stronger is that in the game Alfonso was also a strong being. Probably on the same level as Valentina at the time when she tried to kill him. But in the future, their gaps will just widen. I thought he had talent but I guess he was helped by dark magics. Now that I think about it... He did use a lot of black magic. Alfonso probably called some reinforcement to kill Kevin.

As I was deep in thought, I really didn't care about the people around me anymore and enjoyed the silence they provided. There's no reason for me to talk to them after all. I just want to kill some beast already so I can gain points, level up, gain experiences and get abilities.

Though I'm quite anxious about how I'll be able to kill some beast but having experience and doing it earlier is much better. So if I face a crisis in the future I know what to do.

There are knights around to protect me and an op freaking maid. It's the best time to practice now.

………

It's been a while now that none of them spoke a word. Valentina was quite surprised that Alfonso didn't insult or gave a reply to the maid that she brought with her. It's also her first time traveling inside a carriage with this hateful guy.

‹Did he got affected by what I said last week?› Valentina speculated. But soon stopped thinking about it. It was better this way that Alfonso doesn't bother Christine, the personal maid she brought with them.

Recalling what happened last week, Alfonso went to her place with his maid Mary so he could just simp over Valentina.

Like asking what her plans are, or any shit that he wants to know. And that's when Alfonso got the information that Valentina is going to hunt so he wanted to go along, and along the way, tried to tell Valentina that she shouldn't bring trashes because she has him lol.

Little did he know that Valentina was having a bad day already. But when he came, all he did was make it worse for her, he came there with his self-entitledness. Discriminated and belittled her maid Christine and other commoners.

|"You shouldn't be with these garbages."|

Those were Alfonso's words that triggered Valentina's wrath.

Having had enough of his shit, Valentina screeched in fury at Alfonso.

|"Don't you dare say that in front of me, aren't you at least ashamed of yourself? You're arrogant and disgusting!!! Probably much more disgusting.

A person like you will never have someone love you because of how much of a disappointment you are. You're here for me? Don't make me laugh. You're too weak to even protect me."|

Hearing her words, Alfonso furrowed his brows and clenched his hands tightly. He couldn't speak because her words pierced his heart like a sword and because... Deep inside he knows that they were all the truth.

While Christine, the maid beside Valentina was worried about how Alfonso would react, but soon felt relieved when he and his maid Mary went on their way. |"I'll pick you up next week..."| Muttered Alfonso and silently went home.

Christine felt warmth from what Valentina did and she couldn't stop but curl a smile on her lips for what her Lady has done for her.

Even while they were inside the carriage and a week have passed, she couldn't help but replay that scene inside her mind and how she was protected.

‹Miss Valentina is such a lovely girl!› She thought and stopped glaring at the boy in front of them, Alfonso, and ignored his existence. Such a pathetic boy doesn't deserve her lady and her attention.

………

The sun had sunk halfway beneath the horizon. Soon we stopped at an inn as the light continuously faded out of our sight.

The inn we stopped at was a luxurious one, each of us had separate rooms. Valentina is in another room while my maid Mary is in front of my door guarding.

I then looked at the perfectly organized colors and canvas that Mary brought.

Earlier when we were traveling and decided to eat for the afternoon, I ordered her to buy one of these.

I saw a glimpse of surprise on Mary's face even though it was a split second.

But my order didn't seem suspicious or weird since I remember Alfonso in the game, he liked arts and tried one also. Surprisingly, the fact that Mary touched it, didn't seem to make me disgusted.

And as to why I ordered her to get these? Well it's because I would like to vent out my anxiety about when the day I'll be hunting and draw the scene I saw earlier.

Just so you know. Before I died, my hobby in the past was drawing and playing instruments so that I could vent out my suppressed emotions.

"Now that I think about it how long has it been? since I didn't draw because of too much work."

I whispered and soon arranged the items.

The colors are about the same as in the 15th century on the earth. So in short I'll be doing an oil painting. I'm glad though that I did traditional arts instead of digital, well I was also good at it but traditional had a better feeling for me.

Without further ado, I soon started to swiftly put ink on my brush and then stroked the canvas gracefully.

While I was trying to imagine the image I want to draw, I suddenly pondered.

‹If Alfonso hated commoners, then why is Mary still with him?›

I then halted painting and tried thinking about it but couldn't find any reason. All I know that showed in the game was that Alfonso may hate her and blame her for everything but he trusted Mary and did not seem so disgusted.

‹Is it because of the contract?› I asked inwardly followed by a quiet mumble. "Yeah, that could probably be it..."

Who would be dumb enough to betray their master if the result of his master being dead was their death too? I think that Alfonso thought that Mary wouldn't betray him because of that contract and see her as his possession and different from commoners.

I soon shook my head and continued painting again. I could fire her so I can avoid my demise and an approaching death flag but I think that I would need someone to protect me for now. The demise that's coming that happened in the game will not be happening now, and also, just in case there might be troubles I won't be able to solve if she is not with me.

"Once I get stronger, in the future, I'll give Mary an option to be free," I whispered as I immediately got engrossed in painting after.

But as I continuously stroked, my perfectionism suddenly urged me to keep on making the painting better. I couldn't even count how many times a little detail I have put on every corner but even though I was tired, my hands kept on moving because if I don't. I won't be able to sleep the whole night if I can't perfect this painting and be satisfied.

Then suddenly...

[Ding!]

[Your level in arts leveled up!]

[Arts: 101+ (Master)]

The system rang. I then glanced at the texts and thought inwardly. ‹I didn't see the level of my arts earlier. And I think that Alfonso hasn't mastered doing arts at this age. Perhaps this is my skill instead of Alfonso's?›

I then smirked inside because my level in arts is [Master]

‹Guess I'm talented at arts. Sadly no one knew of it.› I chuckled inside and continued stroking the canvas with elegance. While my level and speed of painting rapidly improved making my perfectionism urge completely satisfied from each stroke I did.

[Level up!]

[Level up!]

[Level up!]

[Level up!]

106