Chapter 8: Hunting Goblins
2.4k 9 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8: Hunting Goblins

After I and Valentina killed more roaming goblins. We finally reached the whereabouts of the goblins.

I have killed a total of five more goblins which resulted in me getting eighty-one points in total and me turning to level three, while Valentina killed more, over twenty goblins.

Crazy right? I can't believe she is still going, if it wasn't for me leveling up and the help of the system, I would have been tired right now.

Anyway, we finally found the footsteps of the goblin's tiny footprint marked on the land where those green creatures went, and soon, me, Valentina, and Kevin went inside the cave.

Their shelter was oozing with danger and an eery feeling. It was so dark that not a speck of thing can be seen, however, Kevin used his fire ability for us to see and soon strode our way.

He then advised us from time to time and even assisted us in killing some goblins. Maybe over thirty minutes have passed, and Valentina who's been fighting nonstop improved at a fast rate.

However, while we were hunting, I saw a glimpse of Kevin's gaze toward Valentina. A gaze that any man would notice. I even started to speculate but I soon shrugged it off when I remembered what I should do today.

.

.

.

After some time had gone, two maids were standing in front of a cave that was being guarded by two knights, with the one missing knight taking a pee.

Mary who was standing in front of the cave was using her [Hyper Senses] so she could observe how were Alfonso and the others doing. So far, they were all doing good. But she noticed how fast Alfonso is improving. She could tell in his every kill, that his strength increased and even his movements and techniques were developing.

She might not see them fighting, but she can feel the strength of the guy she's focused on.

Such talent shook Mary, "I didn't know that Lord Alfonso was this talented..." She muttered in astonishment.

She have seen him use a sword before but he was not that good compared to when she witnessed how he killed the goblins earlier, ‹Perhaps he was practicing his sword the past few days he took Valentina's words.› she pondered and felt warm from Alfonso's actions but soon her thoughts were disrupted when she felt a presence.

—Shak! Shak!

Leaves of trees flew from the strong gust. As it gave a chilling blow to her face and looked at where the sudden presence appeared. Even though it was just for a moment, she can feel that someone was watching them.

This was the second time already, the first was at the inn, and now here.

She then strengthened her [Hyper Senses] range but no presence could be detected. However her thoughts were disrupted when another knight finally came back and a voice sounded,

"Commander, you are done pissing?" One knight that was guarding the cave shouted.

"Shut the fuck up!" retorted the commander that was ranked, master.

A few chuckles came from their mouth as Christine rolled her eyes and chuckled along with the knights. While Mary tried to continue searching for what she sensed but soon stopped when she couldn't find anything with her ability and focused her attention back on the three, who were hunting the goblins.

.

.

.

After some time of exploring the cave, I've killed over twenty goblins already. Of course, I killed them in a styled way, as a perfectionist would do. As for Valentina, she has killed fifty!

Kevin though assisted us and advised us sometimes from the traps. However, as the time got longer I finally decided to speak to Valentina.

"Valentina"

She then turned her head with a questioning expression as I slowly opened my mouth,

"I'm planning on nulling our engagement."

Valentina was silent from my words with surprise on her face however, I continued to speak nonchalantly without giving her time to react.

"I was naive back then, I loved you, but didn't know how to express it. But I realized that our relationship is only forced and I'm simply foolish. So I won't be bothering you anymore.

Don't worry though.

I'll talk to my father and your father and make it up to them so nulling our marriage can be done without further complications."

I said bluntly while criticizing Alfonso inwardly when I felt my heart ache

because these feelings are not mine but Alfonso's.

I knew why I was hurt at this moment, it was because Alfonso's dying love for Valentina was affecting me.

He doesn't want to get separated from the one he loves, I even felt like I want to possess her but that would be equivalent to not having respect for myself too. My pride would never back down!

‹You have disrespected yourself too much, Alfonso! Why would I let this fucking thing continue? Man up, what the fuck!› I shouted inwardly. And the pain I was feeling inside gradually lessened. As if Alfonso's body accepted my opinions.

He knew that he will never be loved by her after all.

But that didn't stop from me feeling heartbroken, fortunately, I have felt this way too in my past life so it's manageable.

Meanwhile, Valentina was in a daze. Surprised that in just a span of a week, she could see how Alfonso changed. It even bothered her how he uncaringly said to null their engagement. Making her irritated in the process, as if she lost someone.

But she was also glad, because from now on. She will not be bothered by him!

She soon then nodded and agreed. But just in case, she asked again to make sure. However, Alfonso was determined to break off the engagement.

With the occurring events in front of Kevin, his lips curled up to that of a smirk as he sneakily stared at Alfonso.

………

I immediately felt the smile that appeared, on Kevin. I even felt my blood boil when I saw him like that.

I wanted to punch him so bad and even strike my sword inside his ass. But I remained calm as I pondered.

‹What the fuck is wrong with this guy?› I questioned because I've been feeling weird beside Kevin lately.

Well, anyways, my plan for today has been fulfilled! As to why I'm nulling our marriage? It's because I felt annoyed that I'm being disrespected by a brat!

There's yet another factor, too: I detest forced relationships. And because she is a death flag too.

If I broke our engagement and never contacted her anymore, then her thinking of killing me will be gone. It's not like I'm scared of dying, I'm just annoyed that someone might stab me in the back anytime, additionally, I'm just standing for my beliefs or to be precise my principles and values.

But I better prove something worth it to Antelmo so he will agree with the nulling of marriage.

I should be able to make him trust me that I'm reliable even just for a little bit.

‹Maybe making a bet?› I thought, but soon I shrugged my thoughts away when we finally got to the place full of goblins.

One stood out though, it was a large-looking goblin with a name on his stats.

==============================

[Goblin Leader]

Rank: Above Average

==============================

Without a second thought, Valentina rushed toward the group of goblins. While I also followed alongside her.

Even though I'm now level 5 and still in low rank. I have bought an ability in the system while we were hunting, that's why I was able to keep up on their way.

Previously, I had 121 points overall, but once I purchased the [Super Slash] ability, that costed me fifty points. My points immediately turned to 71

It was worth it though, it made my fight easier too because of how strong it is. I might be able to level it up in no time, but using it over and over again makes my body ache.

I feel like my bones are going to break if I overused them.

But I felt that it was okay to use this ability again on these goblins, however, I need to calculate when to use [Super Slash] to not exhaust myself.

.

.

.

Slash! The sound of liquids and flesh combined from the perfect swing of my swords echoed inside the cave while Valentina was battling the [Goblin Leader] with the assistance of Kevin.

I have killed the last remaining goblin and felt my whole body exhausted. I even felt so dirty and disgusted right now.

But I look flawless as ever. As if I was not even dirtied by blood because I kept on avoiding them while I fought. Which resulted in me being extremely exhausted right now. The only thing that keeps on making me stand flawlessly was because this body doesn't want to look pitiful. The disgust I was feeling though, was still manageable but I know that if I stayed here for more than an hour or thirty minutes, I'll be raging out.

However, my worries were relieved when I saw Valentina finally kill the Goblin Leader.

Her suit was drenched in blue blood, and her blonde hair's spark was also dyed with blood. But after killing a bunch of goblins and fighting a goblin leader she still didn't level up.

She now needed to fight a monster far stronger than that goblin to ascend. But she needed to rest her exhausted self first and clean herself.

Soon we both strode outside while I eagerly walked outside the cave to wash immediately.

106