Chapter 15: Let go of me!
2.9k 26 101
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 15: Let go of me!

(Valentina's side)

It has been minutes since Valentina was struggling to be let go of Kevin, however, no matter how much she struggled.

She couldn't break free from his grasp.

"Let go, Christine is still there!

We need to take her with us!"

Said Valentina, still,

Kevin disregarded her words and thought inside.

‹ It's better this way, I bet that guy Alfonso is going to die from the injury he got from the beast. ›

Thinking this, he can't help but smirk inside.

He always wanted Alfonso to disappear in his way with Valentina, but now that a chance has appeared to abolish him, he would not miss this opportunity.

For Christine? Who cares about her? Valentina is the only person he cares about.

But little did he know, Valentina was gathering mana around her fist quietly.

Tak! Tak! Tak!

When Kevin finally realized where that sound is coming from

Thud!!!

The final thing he heard was the sound of his flesh being smacked on the neck and after that.

He soon unconsciously collapsed while carrying Valentina

Thrush!!!

Both of their bodies rolled on the dirt as Valentina kept her balance.

"I'm sorry Kevin, but I can't leave Christine behind"

Valentina said while looking at the unconscious knight.

"But I never thought that you would abandon her like that..."

After saying her last words, Valentina ran as fast as she could, toward the place they were before, even though she was already exhausted and had almost depleted her mana.

All she could rely on at this moment was her physique.

However, Valentina had doubts that what can she even do with the assassin.

But soon shrugged it off and thought of dealing with it when she finally comes across it.

She then pondered.

"..."

After she saw Alfonso gather mana around his back earlier with the use of mana around his environment when he was fighting the beast, Valentina copied it too and used it to knock Kevin.

And currently, she is starting to gather mana on her legs to run even faster.

Just like the method that Alfonso used, where he used plants or living things around him to absorb their mana she perfectly emulated that technique.

She had never seen someone use mana this way so she got curious about how did Alfonso think of this idea.

Even her father and mother didn't do this trick,

at that moment, Valentina felt astonished by how quickly Alfonso is developing his strength.

She never thought that he was this talented.

She even started to get embarrassed for telling him that he was weak.

[Well, Alfonso only replicated the trick he always saw in the movies and never thought it would succeed, like dragon ball where Goku is doing energy ball]

.

.

.

.

After a while of running, she could finally see the familiar place where they were before but the difference this time was that...

A red glow of light and a dazzling violet was shining across the place.

"Christine..."

Valentina quietly whispered in worry as she sped her pace up.

Soon after,

—Kwang!!!—

She saw a boy who she never expected to be there, fighting the assassin.

Valentina thought that Alfonso should have run at this moment because he had nothing to lose.

But even so, Alfonso was still there with a bloody body.

And the fact that he even gets to injure the assassin that was ranked grandmaster shook her.

Valentina knew that Christine being alive was bleak and could have died already at this moment, but she still chose to save her and go for her.

Call it reckless but... Valentina sees it as bravery.

If she ran away, she'll see it as cowardly and would kill herself out of shame and guilt.

However, she couldn't comprehend why was Alfonso still here.

Was he perhaps protecting Christine?

But why? Doesn't he see them as garbage?

She then looked at the image of the boy fighting the assassin, however, what came after made her horrified.

Alfonso's injury from the beast that she didn't pay attention to earlier because of Christine was so severe, now that she looked it up,

and the fact that Alfonso's hand, shoulder, and leg were broken made her even gasp in terror.

"Just why is he doing this? Why are you going this far? Is it because of the words I told you???"

She asked while running toward Christine who was also watching the fight in a daze but Valentina could see the sorrow in Christine's eyes.

Suddenly a clip of the past rolled into her mind,

|"Yes... Indeed, I was arrogant.

Without me realizing it, I've hurt everyone around me. Especially the people I cared about...

And I'm truly sorry for that."|

The words of Alfonso echoed in her mind only to realize why Alfonso is going this far.

|"Don't you dare say that in front of me, aren't you at least ashamed of yourself? You're arrogant and disgusting!!! Probably much more disgusting.

A person like you will never have someone love you because of how much of a disappointment you are. You're here for me? Don't make me laugh. You're too weak to even protect me."|

The words she muttered that day suddenly galloped through her mind.

And finally grasped the reason why Alfonso is doing this... Why he was so strange,

Alfonso...

Wanted to change.

Soon, Valentina finally reached out to Christine only to witness a deafening sound after.

—Shing!!!—

[Blade of Pierce]

Alfonso dashed as he used his ability, giving no time for the assassin to even charge his deadly attack.

.

.

.

.

………

(Mary's side)

A sound of metal tremored around the area.

There, stood a maid with a dagger in her hands, clashing with a huge lion

Clash!!!

A huge gush of wind then followed making every leaf of the trees go with the wind

"My Lord..."

Mary muttered as she continued clashing with the Lion beast while observing what was going on with Alfonso. Using her [Hyper Sense]

However, at this moment, she could hear a lacerating sound of flesh.

Making her shudder for a moment, She doesn't know who got injured but her instincts were telling her that Alfonso was in danger.

and soon a dazzling black particles of mana formed around her sword.

Tak! Tak! Tak!

With that, a deafening sound soon followed.

★Ting!!!★

.

.

.

.

Boom!!!

An explosion occurred as the Lion beast's body flew from the impact and roared.

However, the sound of flesh being deeply cut resonated from Alfonso's location once again.

Tak! Tak! Tak!

Mary quickly formed mana around her sword again. When she heard that.

With her heart worried, she tried to rush and kill the beast lion and even tried almost using half of her mana.

But she soon calmed down when she could hear that a knight came from Alfonso's location.

Yet to her demise, the knight suddenly took someone and ran away.

She could still feel the presence of Alfonso with her [Hyper Sense] ability standing in front of someone while an intruder was getting near.

At this moment,

Mary's expressionless face quickly darkened.

—Shang!—

She could now identify who was running and who was in the back of Alfonso when she suddenly strengthened her [Hyper Sense] ability using her mana.

A scene then emerged where Alfonso is standing while an enemy is approaching and a maid sitting with her legs injured.

She then fell silent, and at the same time stopped using mana on her ability.

"..."

Looking at how grim the situation is, Mary began to chant something on her sword.

"Kampilan nang kamatayan"

With that whisper.

—Kwang!!!—

A blinding aura of darkness spread on the sword soon followed.

With her grim and deadly eyes, the fight quickly continued.

.

.

.

.

After some time of fighting, Mary finally killed the Lion beast. With its head decapitated

"Sigh!"

She sighed for a little bit but her tiredness disappeared when she heard a familiar crisp sound of bones, breaking.

Crack!!!

When Mary heard this, she immediately dashed toward where the sound came from.

Her heart raced like never before because now she is certain where that sound is coming from.

"My Lord..."

She murmured and at the same time sped her pace up.

Fwoosh!!!

The gush of winds blew on every tree, but this time, the sound of swords clashing was getting closer and closer.

However, a sound of a bone breaking, resonated in her ears once again.

Crack!!!

This time, Mary could only grit her teeth in worry,

When suddenly,

A dazzling violet color shined through the place she was headed.

Then a voice followed,

' I never believed I would utilize this ability with a child, and I don't have much time to play with you. '

Hearing this, Mary soon started jumping while the ground tremored and made a huge hole in her every step.

Boom!!!

Her figure instantly flew from the sky and could finally see the boy she was looking for... And the assassin

However, when she saw Alfonso's state, Mary couldn't help but gasp in horror.

"My Lo— Alfonso!"

Mary quickly uttered in rage.

However at this moment.

—Kwang!!!—

A deafening sound resonated where Alfonso is and at the same time, a dazzling red light followed.

in that instant, a horrifying sound echoed through Mary's ears.

Crack! Spruck! Crack!

A simultaneous crisp of bones cracking, similar to when Mary found Alfonso collapsed the other day was what sounded.

Mary soon had her dagger dazzle in black.

Tak! Tak! Tak!

However, when she was about to charge.

She could see how destructible and just how deadly the ability that Alfonso used

Because of the assassin's numerous injuries and loose hands that appeared to be about to come off at any moment, which caused by Alfonso made him look like he have engaged in a thousand wars.

But even so, Mary didn't stop her charge in rage and aimed her attack toward the weakened assassin.

.

.

.

.

"Cough!" "Cough!"

"Cough!"

The assassin coughed blood and soon spoke,

"Just what kind of a mons—"

But before he could even finish his words, his vision rolled and he could see his headless body.

Thud!

His body then collapsed as the gushing sounds of his blood continued.

Only to realize that the headless body was his own and he was killed by the legend-ranked maid when he heard a voice.

"Alfonso!"

Mary uttered in worry, as she caught Alfonso's body that was about to fall,

Mary then quickly looked at Alfonso's state.

Only to respond in terror at just how much Alfonso went through.

His breathing is heavy, and all of his bones are broken from overly using his body,

The wound on his back is so severe and has not stopped bleeding.

It was already a miracle that he was still alive.

At this point, Mary could feel her heart burst in worry at just how deadly the state of the boy he was carrying

She then glared at the headless body and glanced toward the two pairs, Valentina and Christine.

Mary's eyes contained hate within because she never thought that they would just abandon Alfonso like that... When she saw one of them run earlier. After all, she did, helped them, and did not choose to leave them behind.

She could have taken Alfonso but since she knows that Alfonso won't like that, she chose to not do it and save them.

She really couldn't blame Valentina too, as to why Alfonso is going this far, because if it wasn't for what she said, Alfonso wouldn't change.

Mary felt her blood boil at this moment for being helpless, the only person she could blame was herself.

While the pair shuddered from her glare.

They have never seen Mary this angry, after all,

But soon, the sound of the knight's marching tremored the earth.

At that moment, Mary didn't care anymore just how exhausted the knights were from running and quickly ordered them when they finally arrived.

"Quickly! Heal Alfonso!"

They had a tired look but when they noticed their Lord's state, they stutteringly replied and took action.

"Ye-Yes ma'am!" "Yes ma'am!"

Two knights that had healing abilities quickly responded.

Mary could also use her healing ability to help Alfonso at this moment, but she knew that her ability would not do anything. However, she wouldn't hesitate to do her best to make him recover even if that's revealing one of her secret abilities...

………


Author: Mass release because I'll be having an exam this week. I might not be able to face uploading the chapter through Wednesday and Friday so I decided that I'll upload three chapters this Monday.

~I'm outta stocks lmao, gonna grind writing!~


{Next update: Monday}




101